Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Avengers!

"Puny god"

The Hulk was my fav. Finally a decent movie treatment for the big green monster. I thought he was the right mix of terrifying, and... well - terrifying... even though it clashed with his later characterization in the film.

I also would've loved to see just one wide shot with Spidey in the background doing his own thing and saving the day. I mean it was NYC in the Marvel Universe and Spidey is an on again off again Avenger. Heck - could've just CG'd him in there and I would've been oh so happy!

Hail Thanos!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I also would've loved to see just one wide shot with Spidey in the background doing his own thing and saving the day. I mean it was NYC in the Marvel Universe and Spidey is an on again off again Avenger. Heck - could've just CG'd him in there and I would've been oh so happy!

Hail Thanos!
    the film rights for spider man isnt owned by marvel/disney. but by sony.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    whatever you are reading...stop reading it...its just fanboy bull..lol...as for jla...yes that was the jla movie that would have been without batman and super man...that film would have flopped royally...it would have done worse numbers then green lantern. warners just doesnt know how to make super hero movies...they cant grasp it. in the 90s all they wanted to do was make toys and make it for kids...so batman got more and more kiddish and silly...now those same kids they made em for in the 90s are all grown up...and they dont want to see that nonsense...not to mention...dc characters are too much like gods...they are great as comic book figures but totally unrelatable...with the exception of batman...but even batman is unrelatable because....he has rich people problems...spider man, has regular people problems... '

i was talking about daredevil the other day.... like batman he lost his father, he thought his mother was dead his whole life turns out she just left his ass to become a nun...his girlfriend was a world class assassin who died came back and then tried to kill him a few times....and marvel said...man thats not enough for this guy..sounds too unrealistic..yea...so what are we going to do? oh lets give one of his girlfriends AIDS. yea...dc would never touch a subject like that.
    Whenever I hear Daredevil I cringe.
    Ben ASSfleck and what'shisface ruined a childhood comic for me and that Gods shall punish them !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Just saw it. That was a lot of fun. Some very funny moments.

Avengers Asia

Anyone know which of the preceding films played in PRC?
    Fox grabs Avengers for Asia
    By Patrick Frater
    Wed, 09 May 2012, 19:58 PM (HKT)
    Ancillary News

FOX International Channels has acquired pay-TV rights in several Asian territories for Disney's mega-hit The Avengers.

The channels group said that it bought rights for Hong Kong, Taiwan and Southeast Asia and that the film will play initially on its Fox Movies premium channel, before being available on FOX Movies Play, its on-demand pay-TV player allowing subscribers to access content on broadband-connected devices such as laptops and tablets.

The Avengers' launch weekend was the highest opening weekend of all time in most Asian territories including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, The Philippines. Sat, 28 April was also the highest grossing single day in history for any film in The Philippines.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It's one of those movies that is just pure fun. Thor's "he's adopted" line cracked me up.

I also really enjoyed this one. Probably my favorite Superhero film so far. Could be sometime before we see a sequel, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

this is one of the funniest cartoon voice overs, funnier even then the juggernaut one from years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpCQl...ure=plpp_video

I used to love those discussions when we were kids over who was the strongest super hero, Hulk, Thing, Thor, Collossus, or Juggernaught.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

hulk is strongest!!!!!

That pretty much settled the argument then too...
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Stark rocks DJ Bruce T

Seen at 0.52 sec. Downey is da man!

Every true KFM forum member should own a DJ Bruce T. I'll post mine again, just to prove it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

What? We don't have an Age of Ultron thread here?

I could have sworn I posted on Downey's shirt here when someone posted the trailer...

Sales for this Bruce Lee DJing shirt in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' are through the roof
    Jason Guerrasio
    May 4, 2015, 5:19 PM

Robert Downey Jr. in the Bruce Lee DJing shirt in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

It looks like Marvel isn’t the only company that had a good weekend.

Following the $191.3 million weekend for “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” making it the second largest domestic opening weekend of all-time, the company behind a T-shirt featured in the film also had a big weekend.

Peter Lee’s Los Angeles-based company, Bow and Arrow, Inc., is responsible for the Bruce Lee DJing T-shirt Robert Downey Jr. wears in the movie.

It turns out Downey Jr. is a huge fan of the shirt, having worn it to numerous events in the past, and asked specifically for it to be in the film.

Needless to say, featured in a movie that has been seen across the globe helps in sales. But how much?

Lee tells Business Insider that over the weekend the Bow and Arrow website had around a 1,000 orders for its various shirts featuring Bruce Lee, totaling about $60,000 in sales.

That’s an increase of about 10,000% percent, according to Lee.

“Our normal weekend, we do about $600 in web sales,” Lee told BI via email.

Lee said along with the bump in online sales, he’s also fielding calls from the boutiques in L.A. that carry the shirt that need to restock.

The shirt featured in “Ultron,” called “Gung Fu Scratch,” is part of a licensing agreement Bow and Arrow has with Bruce Lee’s estate to sell high-end shirts that feature the martial arts legend.

According to Lee (no relation), the company has had the licensing agreement with Bruce Lee Enterprises since 2011.

The image on the shirt, in fact, is a heavily photoshopped photo of Lee.

According to Lee, Gung Fu Scratch was the first design he and his graphic designer made under the Bruce Lee licensing agreement.

“I really wanted to see Bruce Lee relevant in today’s age,” said Lee in regards to the inspiration behind the shirt.

Here's what's photoshopped in the image.

In the last few years, Downey Jr. hasn’t been the only one seen out wearing the shirt. Here are some other notables.

Nick Cannon:

BOW & ARROW @bowandarrow78

#nickcannon sporting #dj #brucelee shirt at #assasinscreed release #party.
    Check out http://www.bowandarrow78.com
    2:06 PM - 29 Oct 2012
    Snoop Dogg, RDJ, and Will Smith:
    NBA star Jeremy Lin:
    “For a while the inside joke in the company was that we had more celebrity customers than actual costumers,” said Lee.

Looks like that's about to change.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips