Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: wing chun stance and it's grappling weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    That sounds like a lot of bull to me
    Yep, udder nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    That sounds like a lot of bull to me

I most undoubtely agree with you!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Two Bulls of equal size, Mass and weight!

One bull charges bull Two...

Bull Two stands their in low crotch preparing for impact.

Bull One is running at 35 to 45 mph twoards bull two which is just standing there waiting for the Hit!

When two bulls collide i promise you the bull standing there waiting for impact is going down!

There is No immovable stance!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW watch a much lighter Chen stylist and a super heavy sumoist-Akebono-there are bulls and there are bulls..skill matters::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlu_wA-VWA

And if you're in Melbourne you might find Australian Football League (AFL) players , who according to a friend of mine are much better than rugby players
    Careful ... you are straying into dangerous turf wars here
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW watch a much lighter Chen stylist and a super heavy sumoist-Akebono-there are bulls and there are bulls..skill matters::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlu_wA-VWA

i got a friend who is 6'8" and weighs over 350lbs...i weigh less than two hundred an i am 5'8"...I did the same thing to him with both toi shou (push hands) He doesn't know how to reidrect incomming force as well as I do. Thats why it was easy to pull him off balance, push him off balance and redirect his energy away...So go figure..Him and his wife would sometimes go to tai chi class on sundays. It was easier to move him than it was his wife who weighs less than me an is shorter.

Not a good video...Now imagine the big guy running full speed at the little guy...an the little guy running full speed at him...who do you think will win!
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 10-15-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    i got a friend who is 6'8" and weighs over 350lbs...i weigh less than two hundred an i am 5'8"...I did the same thing to him with both toi shou (push hands) He doesn't know how to reidrect incomming force as well as I do. Thats why it was easy to pull him off balance, push him off balance and redirect his energy away...So go figure..Him and his wife would sometimes go to tai chi class on sundays. It was easier to move him than it was his wife who weighs less than me an is shorter.

Not a good video...Now imagine the big guy running full speed at the little guy...an the little guy running full speed at him...who do you think will win!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------Depends on who knows rge realtionship of the centers of gravity better and can use that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------Depends on who knows rge realtionship of the centers of gravity better and can use that knowledge.
    That exactly what I meant...well put!

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    why not worry about a double leg take down in the street, just about ever junior high school and high school and college in america have a wrestling team. so that is a pretty good chance you can run into a wrestler in the street.
    Anythings possible, but the odds against it are probably pretty steep. And like I said, if you are afraid of a takedown, train against it. Wing Chun, jiujitsu, judo, boxing, MMA, whatever. If you are afraid or think it is possible then train against it. I trained against it. And to be sure you can not always avoid it. No one is immune to it. And then once taken down, you need to know how to get back to your feet without being beaten to death.
    I occasionally watch the UFC fights and for the most part, even though these guys are steroidal looking and pretty tough, I have yet to see any of them that are really skilled past just being strong. They have to fight for any submission hold and quite often lose it. They tend to force by strength rather than roll into it by skill. Just watch and take notes. You will see. There are exceptions, and of these you will see them winning time and again.
    Jackie Lee

Firstly afl players aren't much at tackling based on their rules the can only yakle between hip and shoulders so they can go for the legs.
    As far as ufc guys not having skills are you serious. Its like the Olympics of fightng. Not many these days get in for being big and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Anythings possible, but the odds against it are probably pretty steep. And like I said, if you are afraid of a takedown, train against it. Wing Chun, jiujitsu, judo, boxing, MMA, whatever. If you are afraid or think it is possible then train against it. I trained against it. And to be sure you can not always avoid it. No one is immune to it. And then once taken down, you need to know how to get back to your feet without being beaten to death.
    I occasionally watch the UFC fights and for the most part, even though these guys are steroidal looking and pretty tough, I have yet to see any of them that are really skilled past just being strong. They have to fight for any submission hold and quite often lose it. They tend to force by strength rather than roll into it by skill. Just watch and take notes. You will see. There are exceptions, and of these you will see them winning time and again.
    ok dude we are trying to have an intelligent conversation here. you are obviously in la la land

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    That is beyond clueless, actually it's uber cluelessness

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    Firstly afl players aren't much at tackling based on their rules the can only yakle between hip and shoulders so they can go for the legs.
    As far as ufc guys not having skills are you serious. Its like the Olympics of fightng. Not many these days get in for being big and strong.
    The Olympics for fighting....... I like that Benny!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    He sure is, afl guys have no idea about tackling...... But the I'm an Nrl guy

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    You are absolutely correct. Silly me. That is SO out of place here on this forum

Besides that, I'm about 98% ignorant on the differences.

Then there would no doubt be a huge market and opportunities for skilled TCMAers to beat these unskilled dupes, rake in the prizemoney, and go on to fame and fortune.

Still waiting! I guess everything looks easy from your armchair.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!