Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 271 to 285 of 285

Thread: Joe Rogan

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Putting a clip up or not, does not change the fact that the TCMAs - at least some styles - address the ground scenario!
    well it would actually prove your point, te same as answering those questions Ronin asked of you about how you would deal with specific ground senarios

    because you seem so hell bent on educating us on TCMA ground work, and since your message is being ignored by so many why do you keep repeating it if NOT in a vain attempt to educate us poor souls? and if thats the case and you truley care a video of you in action would do it so easily i cant see why you wouldnt post it?

  2. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    well it would actually prove your point,
    My point has been proven to many who actually study and research the TCMAs in a serious manner, unlike our friend Joe Rogan, who uses his MMA experience together with his Tae Kwon Do () one to talk smack about hundreds of methodologies that he has no idea about.

    I will also remind you of Sifu Mike Patterson's words on the subject, as well as the Internals, about which many of you guys were also wrong!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    te same as answering those questions Ronin asked of you about how you would deal with specific ground senarios
    I forgot about his questions, but I suppose the post I made in another thread will be an adequate reply in that department. Here it is again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108
    As for my lineage of Wing Chun. The ground fighting training is still in the syllabus and I have seen the students who are more advanced than me training it with sifu. Even though I have trained in non-Wing Chun in the past few years, my WC training has been limited to preserving my skills and training with sifu on my regular visits to Rio, so I have not gotten to ground fighting stage. However again, from what I have seen, the object is not necessarily to get up as soon as possible, so the combat stays on the ground for a relatively long time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    because you seem so hell bent on educating us on TCMA ground work,
    You are deliberatly misunderstanding my "message", which has nothing to do about educating anyone about TCMA ground work! My "message" is simple, and that is, THE GROUND SCENARIO IS ADDRESSED BY SOME TCMAS!

    That is all! Many of you guys denied this fact and all of you have been proven WRONG, by the videos posted and by sifu Mike Patterson's own words!

    So, as far as "education " is concerned you guys need to educate yourselves as to the scope of the TCMAs before you start identifying supposed weaknesses or suggesting "improvments"!


    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    and since your message is being ignored by so many why do you keep repeating it if NOT in a vain attempt to educate us poor souls?
    Boy, you would think that the "poor souls" of this world would be more thankful towards people who endlessly try to educate them, but then it is understandable because this forum seems to have a whole lot more "chiefs" than "indians" - yes, little men, with BIG egos who think that their "decades" of training in a mixture of god knows what, makes them kung fu experts.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    and if thats the case and you truley care a video of you in action would do it so easily i cant see why you wouldnt post it?
    Again, me posting or not posting a video will not change the fact that some TCMAs address the ground scenario.

    The fact is that some TCMA styles address the ground scenario!!! You were wrong, and I was right, live with it!

    That means throw your ego in the toilet and learn something new whenever the opportunity presents itself, and appreciate the fact that this knowledge was made accessible to you!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 10-29-2011 at 09:06 PM.

  3. #273
    Joe Rogan is a wuss and don't know jack about Kung Fu he is still trippin off the DMT lol,


  4. #274
    Rogan is misinformed .

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Rogan is misinformed .
    as already said from his point of view its not, no one has proved it worked in a venue he has been in in about 2 decades,

  6. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    as already said from his point of view its not, no one has proved it worked in a venue he has been in in about 2 decades,
    So, if kung fu had not "worked" in too many tae kwon do venues then it would make TKD "superior" to kung fu, and kung fu a waste of time?

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right there
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    as already said from his point of view its not, no one has proved it worked in a venue he has been in in about 2 decades,
    Don't want to watch the video to get his exact point of view as i cant stomach much of his hyperactive verbal diarrhea but couldn't the argument be made alan orrs guys made it work?

    I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

    left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

    handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    Don't want to watch the video to get his exact point of view as i cant stomach much of his hyperactive verbal diarrhea but couldn't the argument be made alan orrs guys made it work?
    yes it could, but Rogan probably has no idea what happens in one small area of amatuer MMA over here in England

    His point seems to be its the biggest TCMA by far, been around for decades yet what do we have competing in MMA? one school in the UK which most would not see as mainstream wing chun. Nothing in the USA to speak of, certainly nothing at the pro level

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right there
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

    His point seems to be its the biggest TCMA by far, been around for decades yet what do we have competing in MMA? one school in the UK which most would not see as mainstream wing chun. Nothing in the USA to speak of, certainly nothing at the pro level
    I think the answers relatively simple

    its either one of these or all of the above

    A. *******ization of style to the point where it becomes ineffective. whether thats through people altering it down the line or forgetting aspects of it.

    Further as a style becomes more popular its hard to retain quality control unless you have a real tight grip on how its taught and who can teach it.

    B. May not have been effective to begin with

    I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

    left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

    handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

  10. #280
    meh, I've seen this (i think, too lazy to click the link but i remember commenting on this video lol) . He pretty much took away any credibility to his opinion in that video when he said something along the lines of "one time I saw a fight where these two kung fu guys were on top of each other just pummeling each other, and I thought, this is MMA!" Because you know, we should all thank MMA for inventing the technique of getting on top of someone and pummeling them. Surely if MMA didn't exist as it does today, we would never see such a tactic
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    46,336

    The Rolling Stone interview

    Good thing they can't Nick Diaz Rogan.

    How Joe Rogan Went From UFC Announcer to 21st-Century Timothy Leary
    "I've had trips where my sanity became slippery. But I don't see any negative in it," says Rogan
    By Erik Hedegaard October 22, 2015


    How did Joe Rogan go from over-the-top UFC color man to a 21st-century Timothy Leary? Paul Mobley

    Maybe never in your life do you meet an individual like Joe Rogan. He's that singular, in a multivariate kind of way. For instance, most folks think of him only as the flapping-jawed, bug-eyed, hyperexcitable blow-by-blow commentator for all the Ultimate Fighting Championships' fights since 2002, given to innumerable "wows!" and "unbelieeeeveables!," all the while displaying a depth of mixed-martial-arts knowledge second to none and a totally side-splitting yet insightful way with words, as in the time he called a fighter's cut as deep as "a goat's vagina." In this regard, he's entirely sensational. "He's educated more people in mixed martial arts than anybody ever," says UFC president Dana White. "He's the best fight announcer who has ever called a fight in the history of fighting." And you've got to love him for that, unless, of course, you hate him, which many do, but let's not get into that now, because he's a lot more than just a UFC frontman.

    Today, Rogan's finishing a workout at his cool, sprawling pad in a gated community north of L.A., 22 egg-laying chickens clucking around somewhere out back. His face is shiny with sweat, his bald head, too. He's been pounding away for the better part of an hour inside his garage gym, mainly working on his switch kick, which is exceedingly powerful, knocking his trainer back a foot with every thump, a reminder that, even though he's 48, he was once a teenage martial-arts champion and black belt. He wipes his face with a towel. He's a thick guy, not on the tall side, with a few pale splotches of stress-related vitiligo on his hands and feet. From one angle, he looks like a typical lunkhead chowder-brain knuckle-dragger, which might make sense, given that he comes from a home busted up by violence in Newark, New Jersey. But for a ball cap often worn backward, however, that's not him. In an hour, he will go host his podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, which is downloaded 16 million times a month, making it one of the most popular in the nation, and discuss things like addiction, impulse-control issues and serotonin deficiencies, not smoking any weed beforehand, as he usually does, because today's topic is more serious. Then he'll head on over to a local cryotherapy center, get himself frozen for a few minutes at minus-270 degrees (or roughly the temperature of the dark side of the moon), and afterward say, "Oh, that was perfect!" In the evening, he'll wind up onstage in front of sold-out crowds at the Comedy Store and the Improv, because he's also a hardworking comedian with seven recordings to his credit.

    And sometime soon, he'll find himself at a friend's house, half sprawled in the easiest of chairs, eyes shut, having just removed a smoking pipe from his mouth, breathing with purpose, while brilliant colors, shapes and swirls fall over him, rendering him helpless, until a few minutes later he is returned to Earth a happier man, a "more compassionate, more aware, more vulnerable" man, a better husband to his wife and father to his three kids, and so forth. Of all the psychedelics he's a fan of, his favorite is DMT, which Hunter S. Thompson once said was "like being shot out of a cannon." Rogan loves it, thinks everyone could benefit from it, often uses his podcast to fulminate positively on its various perception-enhancing benefits. He has been compared to Timothy Leary because of this, which he wouldn't know anything about, since he hates labels.

    Right now, he's stepping around the cars in his garage — a sleek white SharkWerks-tuned Porsche 911 GT3 RS rests on the floor beneath a deep-silver '65 Corvette on a lift— to open a freezer and show what's inside. Dozens of small packages wrapped in brown paper and bagged in plastic.

    He points at one of them.

    "This is a moose heart," he says, happily. "I like moose. I like moose steaks, moose stew, and moose burgers are delicious." He closes that freezer, opens another. "This is from a wild pig. This is a sausage from something. This is more moose. This is deer. This is bear. And all this I killed myself." Stepping back, he says, "Yes, I get some grief for it. But you know what's unexpected to me? How little rational thought comes from vegans who own pets and feed them murdered animals. I'm like, 'Whoa, what the **** is going on here?'"

    So, he's got lots of things going on besides being the voice of the UFC. Stack one thing up against another, however, and not much of it makes sense, which makes him some kind of stitched-together perplexity, maybe even a novelty.


    Ronda Rousey and Joe Rogan during the UFC 184 weigh-in in L.A. on February 27th, 2015. Josh Hedges/Getty

    "Yeah, man," he says later on, going inside his house and down a set of stairs. "Like, you're not supposed to be a psychedelic proponent and a cage-fighting commentator at the same time. Those two things joined are just too ****ing weird, you know? I mean, I don't get it. And I'm me. I just—" He stops talking, cuts that one thought short, finds another. "You know what you figure out in the middle of a trip? That all these assumptions and preconceived notions of who you are, they're all bull****. You're just an organism who is trying to find normalcy by repeating patterns." Unless, of course, you're him, in which case patterns are made to be broken. He doesn't say this about himself, though. But it is understood. A pattern-driven mind doesn't often stumble onto a goat's vagina. But his does.

    In his basement, he flicks on a light. In front of him is a huge box, made out of stainless steel, big enough for him to fit inside, should he feel the need or desire.

    In truth, his podcast is one of the greatest things going. It's like a journey around the known universe, as well as the unknown, the suspected and the highly suspect. So far, there've been 705 episodes. He started it five years ago, with friend and fellow comic Brian Redban, 41, just the two of them smoking weed and chewing the fat, nothing much going on, no grand ambitions. Early guests were largely confined to friends from MMA and comedy. But then Rogan started to haul in the more far-flung: marijuana activists, former porn stars, believers in the sanctity of shrooms, four-hour-work-week proselytizers, rappers, former LAPD cops, outdoorsmen, futurists, neuroscientists, Egyptologists, Tommy Chong, triathlete vegans, whistle-blowers, mind coaches, insomniacs, experts on toxoplasmosis, comics with nicknames like the Machine, Neil deGrasse Tyson, former CIA operatives, a woman who lives in Kavik (197 miles north of the Arctic Circle), former UFC great Georges St-Pierre half admitting to alien abduction, and conspiracy theorists of all kinds (Bigfoot, UFOs, chemtrails, JFK, 9/11, the Apollo moon landing).

    Not a lot of rhyme or reason there, but that's just how Rogan likes it, and he does have his logic. "Everything we do or try to do, we try to do a better version of it all the time. We're constantly looking to improve. It's a big part of being a human being. And I think the podcast improves people, not only the people who listen to it, but me as well."

    Along the way, he will allow that he's only a conduit for those smarter than himself and call himself a "silly *****." Regardless, he's huge into self-improvement, especially of the self-dabbling kind. He shoots himself up with testosterone on a weekly basis — "It's what fighters get in trouble for, but, obviously, I'm not competing. I just like the idea that I'm cheating old age and death, although, you know, you can't cheat it forever"— as well as human growth hormone. If he's dragging a little, he'll pop a Nuvigil, a variant of the focus-improving drug that fighter pilots use. Most mornings, he preps for the day with a Vitamixed, sludgy blend of kale, spinach, celery, "a large hunk of ginger about the size of a child's thumb," four cloves of garlic, an apple and some coconut oil. Tastes like crud. "But after your body digests it," he says, "you're like, 'Whoa, we've got a lot of stuff to work with here.' "

    And where does his beloved dimethyltryptamine (a.k.a. DMT) come into play in all this?
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    46,336

    continued from previous


    Adam Greentree

    "Well, that's a good question," he says. "That's like saying, 'Where does life come into play in all this?' The experience is so overwhelming and so alien. It's just hard for anyone to describe. You're just boom! Shot to the middle of everything for 15 minutes. Constantly changing geometric patterns. Jokers with jesters' hats on, all giving me the finger. I've had psychedelic trips where my own sanity was slippery. It's so titanic that any words I use to describe it are just noise. It's a ****ing billion roller coasters, plus aliens. It is whatever it is. I don't know what it is. A chemical gateway to another dimension? A portal of souls you can tap into? I don't see any negative to it. And it's so ****ed up that we don't have the freedom to experiment with it legally, because there are lessons to be learned that are just not getting learned."

    What those lessons are, exactly, he's hard-pressed to say. It's like when he says, "It's a very odd experience to take an animal's life. The first time I did it, it was psychedelic. It was a transformative experience." Which sounds good but doesn't mean much. Or like when he's down in his basement, as he is now, standing in front of that big stainless-steel box. It's his flotation tank, first developed by dolphin researcher John Lilly in the 1950s, later made infamous in the movie Altered States.

    Rogan opens the doors and peers inside. Normally, he floats a few times a week, the saltwater inside keeping him at neutral buoyancy, the temperature matching his skin's, in total blackness, allowing his mind to wander and, upon its return, for him to say things like, "It can be brutal and unflinching in its portrayal of you and your reality," and "It can be uncomfortable in the sense that you really can't run away from any of the things that are subconsciously troubling you." And even now he says, "I've definitely had some dark moments in there."

    Like what?

    He shrugs and starts back up the stairs, says, "Well, nothing interesting that's negative," and pretty soon, he's in his Porsche, gunning himself somewhere, and with each passing second adding more G's to the day's unfolding situation.

    Born in Newark, New Jersey, father a cop, mom a free spirit. He was five when his folks divorced, and seven when he moved with his mom to San Francisco, where she remarried a hippie sort "with hair down to his ass." First tasted weed at the age of eight, with his stepdad, and then not again, unless drunk, until the age of 30. He remembers that a gay couple lived next door and "my mom would go over and get naked with them and play the bongos and smoke pot."

    The family eventually settled into Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts, just west of Boston, where Rogan took up karate at age 14; became a four-time full-contact taekwondo state champion; won the U.S. Open Taekwondo Championships by age 19; and stopped at age 21, suffering from headaches and fear of worse. He attended UMass for a few years but found it pointless and dropped out. In Boston, he delivered newspapers, drove a DUI-saddled private investigator around on stakeouts, taught martial arts. He decided to become a stand-up comic, in 1988, after friends goaded him into taking the stage one night and he liked it. Played bars, bachelor parties, anything. Moved to L.A. in 1994, to make it in the big time. Acted in a failed sitcom before getting his big break on NewsRadio, 1995 to 1999, playing a goofy electrician. Loved that job. Served fly-and-maggot ****tails as the host of the gross-out reality show Fear Factor from 2001 until 2006. The first time Dana White called him about doing the UFC's color commentary, Rogan tried to beg off. This was in 2002. "I just want to go to the fights and drink," he told White. But White persevered and eventually got Rogan for free, in exchange for prime fight tickets for him and his friends. Fifteen or so gratis gigs later, Rogan went on the UFC payroll and has been there ever since. "The thing about Rogan is, when you watch him call a fight, you know he knows what he's talking about and loves what he's talking about," says White. "The man is passionate."
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    46,336

    continued from previous


    Stephen Root and Rogan on the set of 'NewsRadio.' NBC

    In 2007, at the Comedy Store, he got into a beef with comic Carlos Mencia and called him out as a joke thief — "Menstealia," the lowest of the low — which led to a sprawling argument that was caught on video and went viral. (Mencia has denied consciously stealing jokes.) Comics everywhere rose up to support Rogan, and to this day, he is beloved for his actions.

    Over the years, he has appeared in documentaries like Marijuana: A Chronic History (2010) and DMT: The Spirit Molecule (2010), and shown up in two Kevin James movies, Zookeeper (2011) and Here Comes the Boom (2012). He's long said he'd never get married — even today he says, "Marriage is dumb, ****ing dumb" — but in 2009 he got hitched to a former ****tail waitress with whom he already had two daughters, and now has another. "She lets me do whatever I do. That's how we get along well. She doesn't **** with me. A prenup? Of course. I'm ridiculous and dumb, but I'm not stupid." Then he's thinking about his kids for a moment. "You know what? Porn and strip clubs seem so different to me now. They're not out. But they just don't seem the same. Having kids just ruined it."

    Sometimes, Rogan will flesh out his story by saying that, early on, being moved around from place to place, he never felt like he fit in. He didn't get picked on and bullied so much as he was ignored or dismissed. He developed this odd sense that he was just another sad sack who didn't have anything going for him. He had friends, even had girlfriends, but he felt neither here nor there. "I was terrified of being a loser," he says. "Superterrified of being someone who people just go, 'Oh, look at that ****ing loser.' You know? I was always thinking that the other kids were going to turn on me at any moment. I was weird. I just ****ing drifted."

    In Joe's 15th year, a school tough got him in a headlock in the locker room, not hurting him, really, but humiliating him to the core. A sudden determination to never experience that again led him to take up martial arts, where he first saw that he did have talents, was maybe not a loser, could stand up for himself. It was life-altering, and from there, one thing led to another.

    And then there's his father, the cop, who he really would rather not discuss.

    "All I remember of my dad," he says, "are these brief, violent flashes of domestic violence. And when I was five, I had a fight with one of my cousins — punched him in the face over something stupid — and his mother was screaming to my parents, 'Your son's a little monster. He punched my kid in the face!' My dad pulled me aside and I told him the truth of what happened. He said, 'Did you cry?' I said, 'No.' He said, 'Good, don't ever cry.' I mean, he was happy that I punched my cousin. But I don't want to complain about my childhood. Nothing bad ever really happened to me. It was just confusing, you know? He was just a very violent, scary guy. After the split, we moved to San Francisco and that was it. Never heard from him again."

    As for his father, Joseph, now a retired cop still living in New Jersey, he won't respond directly to the allegations. All he will say is, "I don't talk about people the way they talk about me. That's not in my DNA. What's gone is gone."

    These days, the main driver of Rogan's "personal evolution," as he calls it, is his podcast, which he records inside a small office in a nondescript industrial park. It's dimly lit, with mug shots on one wall, most notably of Jimi Hendrix. Brian Redban is here today, looking kind of disheveled, as well as comedian Nick DiPaolo, a mostly right-leaning longtime Rogan pal. Before the show begins, Rogan sparks up a joint, takes a hit, passes it to Redban and says, "A guy I was friends with, all he wanted to talk about was how he was the finest grower in all of L.A., always stroking his **** in front of you. Like, come on. These days, everyone's got good weed, so strong I almost don't want the best. I'd like to relax a little, Jesus ****ing Christ. I don't have to get blasted off into the center of my childhood on the first two hits."

    And, in fact, Rogan takes only one hit, while Redban takes three and DiPaolo takes none. "I haven't smoked a joint in 25 years," DiPaolo says. And Rogan says, "It's good for you, Nick. I'm telling you."

    Then, over the next few hours, they talk about El Chapo's great Mexican-jail escape. "Gotta give props where they are due," Rogan says. "He executed that like a god**** Clint Eastwood movie! How the **** do you not respect that?" Liberia: "There's an area where people just **** on the road. The ****way." Moderation: "I have, like, a night a week where I just eat like a ****ing slob in front of the TV." Late-night cooking: "My favorite thing is grilling meat in my underwear. I want to protect my shaft and balls at the very least." Cat-**** coffee: "This animal called the civet eats the coffee beans and then ****s them out....The digestive enzymes are juice in the cat's stomach that make it a smoother, smoother coffee." And so on. A real scattershot assemblage, near the end of which Rogan says, "It just seems like there's more wackiness going on right now in the world than any time I could ever remember. Does it seem like that? Like more hypocrisy, more contradiction, more chaos."

    Yes, of course. On the other hand, how much of that could just be a reflection of Rogan's own picking and choosing and not so much a truth about the world — which has always been filled with hypocrisy, contradiction and chaos — as it is a truth about him?

    "When I first met you," DiPaolo says later on, "you were ****ing nuts."

    "No, I was still fighting," Rogan says. "Yeah, I mean, that was just out of fear, I'm sure. When you grow up with violence, you're programmed to respond and react quickly. [Kids like this] develop this hair-trigger reaction to things. Overreact. Make mistakes they can't rebound from. And a lot of it is because of the actual programming that occurs when they're in the womb, even. When their mother is experiencing violence from the father, it literally changes their genes in the womb."

    They don't linger on the point, however. It's time to wrap up the podcast and move on to other matters. Caitlyn Jenner, for instance, which don't get Rogan started, because he won't stop.

    He's fine with her being transgender and all. He goes on, "I'll call her a woman if she wants to be a woman. I'll call you whatever you want. I don't care. But you can't tell me she's beautiful and that because I disagree I'm a piece of ****....I mean, I don't understand the mindset of an ultramarathon runner, or an asexual person, or a person who wants to have sex with animals — by the way, I'm not connecting zoophilia to transgender people. What I'm saying is, I don't give a ****. And I think it's kinda ridiculous that everybody is forcing the fact that she's beautiful down everybody's throat. And that heroic thing is just outrageous. These are vampires of attention. The patriarch of this family becomes a woman and there's virtually no conversation about the fact that she killed someone while driving. There's no talk of that. That's been dissolved." (Since this interview, the L.A. district attorney's office decided not to bring charges against Jenner.) Rogan pauses. Finally, he says, "I mean, there's a lot of nutty **** with this, but ultimately, you know, for the human race, I think this is all for the good."

    Later that day, he grumbles and roars his way to Pasadena in his '65 Corvette, to a famous comedy club called the Ice House, where he has a gig. He mills around in the parking lot, waiting to go on. His dad is still on his mind and he has a few more things to say.

    "Look," he says, "I don't want to try to figure out what went wrong. I don't hate the guy, I don't want to beat his ass. I just don't want to be involved with him, and I don't want to talk to him. He was very nice to me, loved me. But he was super, super-violent, and he would have turned me into a ****ing psychopath."

    Rogan seems sure about this, like there's no doubt in his mind, which maybe explains so much about why he's stitched everything together the way he has: the UFC gig, the testosterone and HGH injections, his float tank and freezers full of self-delivered meat, his DMT trips to the portal of souls, the taking of one hit off the joint instead of the two that'd rocket him back into childhood, all those guests on his podcast, filling his feverish, hopeful mind with all kinds of things. It's where life has come into play, stacking one thing up against another like into a fortress or a wall.

    He turns to go inside, and pretty soon the crowd is laughing at bits about Texans, Scientology, Santa Claus and how "you eat a pot cookie and think about somebody you fingered when you were 14, and I'm sorry, OK? Jesus Christ, we were kids." A few of the transitions are shaky, some of the jokes a little flat. Not to worry. He's doing better than anyone might have expected, and the alternatives could have been far worse.

    From The Archives Issue 1247: November 5, 2015
    Great article. Good ol' Rolling Stone.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    46,336

    oh Joe...

    Joe Rogan Says He Has COVID-19 And Has Taken The Drug Ivermectin

    September 1, 20218:28 PM ET
    VANESSA ROMO
    Twitter


    Joe Rogan has told his Instagram followers he has been taking ivermectin, a deworming veterinary drug formulated for use in cows and horses, to help fight the coronavirus. The Food and Drug Administration has warned against taking the medication, saying animal doses of the drug can cause nausea, vomiting and in some cases severe hepatitis.
    Michael S. Schwartz/Getty Images

    Joe Rogan, the mega-popular podcast host who has suggested that young, fit people don't need to get the COVID-19 vaccine, has announced he tested positive for the virus, but is feeling fine thanks to a cocktail of unproven medical treatments.

    In an Instagram video, the 54-year-old host of The Joe Rogan Experience, said he felt "very weary" on Saturday and got tested for the coronavirus the following day.

    "Throughout the night I got fevers, sweats, and I knew what was going on," Rogan told his 13.1 million followers.

    After the diagnosis, he said he "immediately threw the kitchen sink at it."

    Rogan says he took a drug the FDA urges people not to use
    His methods included taking ivermectin, a deworming veterinary drug that is formulated for use in cows and horses. While a version of the drug is sometimes prescribed to people for head lice or skin conditions, the formula for animal use is much more concentrated. The Food and Drug administration is urging people to stop ingesting the animal version of the drug to fight COVID-19, warning it can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, neurologic disorders and potentially severe hepatitis requiring hospitalization.

    Rogan added that his treatments also included monoclonal antibodies, Z-pack antibiotics and a vitamin drip for "three days in a row."

    "Here we are on Wednesday, and I feel great," he said.

    Rogan has drawn fire for his comments around the vaccine
    Rogan has won legions of dedicated listeners by courting controversy on his show. In October, he came under fire for interviewing far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones on his Spotify show. More recently, he faced criticism after saying that young and otherwise healthy people don't need a COVID-19 vaccine.

    "People say, do you think it's safe to get vaccinated? I've said, yeah, I think for the most part it's safe to get vaccinated. I do. I do," Rogan said in an April 28 episode of the podcast.

    "But if you're like 21 years old, and you say to me, should I get vaccinated? I'll go no. Are you healthy? Are you a healthy person?"

    Rogan continued, "If you're a healthy person, and you're exercising all the time, and you're young, and you're eating well, like, I don't think you need to worry about this."

    He later explained he is not "an anti-vax person" and joked he is not "a respected source of information, even for me."
    thread
    Rogan
    covid
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    46,336

    Putin & Seagal

    PECULIAR PALS Inside Vladimir Putin & Steven Seagal’s odd friendship from martial arts events together to actor calling him ‘brother’
    Cheyenne R. Ubiera
    1:01 ET, Mar 1 2022 Updated: 1:01 ET, Mar 1 2022
    THE seemingly close friendship between Vladimir Putin and actor Steven Seagal has made headlines as the Russian President's invasion of Ukraine escalates.

    The unlikely duo has had a friendship for many years with Seagal reportedly calling the Russian leader his "brother" in previous interviews.


    Many people were asking questions about Steven Seagal's strange friendship with Russian President Vladimir PutinCredit: AFP

    A photo shared on social media claimed that Seagal had joined Russia's militaryCredit: AFP
    Following Putin's invasion of Ukraine, videos shared on social media claimed to show the veteran actor participating in Russia's military operations.

    A screenshot of a bogus tweet was shared by podcaster Joe Rogan, among others, that falsely claimed Seagal had been "spotted by intelligence agencies" while fighting alongside Russian forces near the Hostomel military airfield.

    Rogan shared the image on Instagram, nothing how ridiculous "this f**ked up movie we're living through."

    However, the post was eventually removed.

    "I deleted my earlier post about Steven Seagal being in Ukraine because it was a parody, which isn't surprising, but honestly it wouldn't be surprising if it was true either," he wrote in another post.

    "He was banned from Ukraine in 2017 because he was labeled as a national security threat. I, like all of you, hope the tragic situation is resolved there quickly."

    The image being spread around featured Seagal in army gear, which was actually from his 2017 film Cartels.

    Seagal eventually shared his thoughts amid the invasion, telling Fox News: "Most of us have friends and family in Russia and Ukraine.

    "I look at both as one family and really believe it is an outside entity spending huge sums of money on propaganda to provoke the two countries to be at odds with each other.

    "My prayers are that both countries will come to a positive, peaceful resolution where we can live and thrive together in peace."

    Seagal has called Putin "one of the greatest living world leaders" and had previously defended the president's actions in Crimea during an interview with the state-run newspaper, Rossiskaya Gazeta.

    The actor went on to say he considers Putin "a friend, would like to consider him a brother."

    ODD FRIENDSHIP
    The two have bonded over their shared love of martial arts and Seagal was even granted Russian citizenship in 2016.

    At that point in their friendship, the actor had visited Russia several times and had accompanied the president to multiple martial arts events.

    In 2018 Seagal was appointed as Russia's special envoy to the US. His position was to "facilitate relations between Russia and the United States in the humanitarian field, including cooperation in culture, arts, public, and youth exchanges," said the Foreign Ministry.

    As Rogan said in his post, Ukraine had banned Seagal from entering the country for five years back in 2017, because the actor was a "threat" to national security.

    INVASION CONTINUES
    Meanwhile, Russia's military assault on Ukraine is entering its fifth day after Putin ordered nuclear forces on increased alert. Determined troops in Kyiv have held onto the capital and other major cities for now.

    Loud explosions from airstrikes continue to rock the capital city. Dramatic video showed the night sky lit up, as a huge 40-mile column of Russian tanks was earlier seen advancing to the city.

    Air raid sirens blared out across the city as police officers hurried people to shelters.

    Putin's troops are believed to be looking to surround Kyiv after earlier attacks by advanced forces were repelled in fierce battles.

    Kyiv was bracing itself for a further onslaught after the Russians unleashed hell on Ukraine's second city Kharkiv using deadly cluster bombs.

    In Kyiv, many were preparing for a fresh assault with makeshift barricades dotting the streets.

    Residents in the city remained defiant in the face of the onslaught.

    "We will greet them with Molotov cocktails and bullets to the head," said bank employee Viktor Rudnichenko.

    "The only flowers they might get from us will be for their grave."


    Seagal received Russian citizenship in 2016 and has been a special envoy for the country since 2018Credit: Alamy

    In 2017, Seagal was banned entry to the Ukraine for five yearsCredit: Getty
    Threads
    Seagal-is-at-it-again
    Joe-Rogan
    Ukraine
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •