Do we really need to go through this again? Really what difference does it make? Its funny, I've never really had anybody in my MMA gym ever give a **** where something comes from. Kung fu by large sucks for contact, yeah we get it. People don't train. Its cliche to quote Bruce Lee but he had it right, a punch is a punch. A kick is a kick. I use things I learned in 7 star mantis in the clinch. Why? Cuz I can do it. It's not all that different that somethings I picked up now in Muay Thai. Do I care that most people don't recognize it as kung fu? No. I suck at wrestling. My shot is in my opinion atrocious. I am good at upper body control though. And I like to work over/unders with dirty boxing and hip throws. Do I care that people generically call it a judo throw? No. Cuz it is, its also something I first learned in mantis. Do I care that I've seen Randy Couture use it a dozen times and they call it greco/roman? No, cuz it is. Funny that, its wrestling, judo and kungfu all at the same time. What the hell difference does it make in the end?

Kung fu guys do it to themselves. Always using excuses about why their stuff don't work in a ring/cage and yet that same stuff is used by everyone else. Maybe people need to start looking at why Randy can ou, lou, tsai better than 90% of the mantis guys and figure out what they're doing wrong.