Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan

Frost UFC banned neck strikes lol Bak Meis first form has less than ten moves three are neck shots so really all I can do is use the footwork in the cage and that sucks because its all short range ging with arm grabs bil jee finger thrust to heart punch then finish with neck strikes and then repeat on the other side that is Jik Bo the main BM power drill. Hop ga techs are completly banned also the theory is u keep throwing cheap shots to diff spots like kick the groin run behind and punch the kidney and then hammer the spine all banned tactics but that is what the hop ga large stance is meant for..full power dirty strikes using angles to sneak in. So all I got left is karate from kajukenbo and thats been done so maybe they would let me use bak mei staff so I can rep CMA as a white man lol. If China was as open as Thailand maybe whites would be better at gung fu and use it like MT like no one knows shiao jiao in Canada of course its not represented in the UFC I only first heard about it like ten years ago .

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    does anybody really give a ratz azz what Seth Rogan says? He knows squat about TCMA, and frankly, he has had zero impact on enrollment in TCMA schools.
    The Yip Man movie has done more for people's interest in WC than anything he can say or do.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Frost UFC banned neck strikes lol Bak Meis first form has less than ten moves three are neck shots so really all I can do is use the footwork in the cage and that sucks because its all short range ging with arm grabs bil jee finger thrust to heart punch then finish with neck strikes and then repeat on the other side that is Jik Bo the main BM power drill. .
    Why cant you just preform those attacks to the neck to a legal target instead?

thats what ive done with my karate and tkd if there was an application that was in an illegal spot

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    does anybody really give a ratz azz what Seth Rogan says? He knows squat about TCMA, and frankly, he has had zero impact on enrollment in TCMA schools.
    The Yip Man movie has done more for people's interest in WC than anything he can say or do.
    exactly my first thoughts. He's a douchbag. who cares, and why should they care.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    we've already covered this video of tiger "grappling" I'm not going to repeat my statements about it. Look back at the other thread for my thoughts.
    This video was mainly covered by people such as yourself who have never practiced authentic TCMA methodologies. So, we are back at square one again, where the MMA-ists use their MMA (boxing, wrestling, MT, BJJ, etc.) knowledge as a base to bad mouth TCMA methodologies that they, themselves have absolutely no knowledge of!

The fact of the matter is that you MMA guys (who for some reason insist on posting in KUNG FU forums) keep repeating that there is no ground fighting in the TCMAs. I have been saying for years that ground fighting is part of the traditional curriculum of the Mainland Chinese Lineage of Wing Chun that I practiced.

Sifu Mike Patterson has posted here saying that in the old days in Taiwan he practiced ground fighting in his Hsing I training and he was under the impression that most if not all schools at the time did so too.

However you and other MMA-ists such as yourself keep insisting that the ground fighting scenario is not covered by the WHOLE of the TCMAs, while you yourselves have never practiced kung fu for real!

Not only does ground fighting exist in the TCMAs, but it also does in Karate! So, I suggest that while you are posting in Kung fu forum, while not really having practiced it to any credible level, I recommend that you make your presence here a learning opportunity.

I know that this request is difficult to follow, because this forum is full of great egos with their accompanying "decades of experience" (apparently, in everything but authentic traditional kung fu), who do not admit to not knowing a single thing about a single MA out there, but again, I suggest you be different and be a better man and start learning stuff you don't know about lesser known aspects of the TCMAs!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    strange that I mean the Chinese held full contact competitions for century’s, even as late as 1928 in nanging they were holding full contact limited rules sports comps to find the best fighters in the country, the same thing happened in 1929 which David Ross posted about a while ago,
    I got news for you, the Chinese martial arts are still being used in competitions. They are usually referred to Sanda, Sanshou (in some parts of New York, they are even referred to as San-Duh! (TM)...).

Also, many people in law enforcement, security industry, etc. still use TCMA techniques and training for REAL combat applications, and again, many sifus, will fight challenge matches if they are challenged!

got to wonder when the Chinese martial arts went from accepting and encouraging their fighters to compete in full contact limited rules sports comps to not believing in their value......probably about the same time they started teaching gullible westerners their super secret techniques which are too deadly to spar with
    As I explained above, the Chinese martial arts's combat effectiveness is on display for all to see. Of course, you will see better if you had practiced them yourself?

the above is fact, those competitions were held and well attended, but of course you are free to as usual ignore it
    What is fact is that you are not in the TCMA community, as you do not practice authentic kung fu, so obviously your "facts" are "different" from those of us in the know.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    so did you find that video of TCMA grappling?

We've already discussed tiger boy and hair pulling so lets try and move on to actual grappling. I know it's hard to find those vids. keep trying i'm sure you'll come up with something you "think" is grappling.

but it also does in Karate!
    never said it didn't mine was in reference to TCMA.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I consider shuai jiao as a form of grappling. It just doesn't work all ranges..is it not consider tcma?? Maybe its not, I dunno.

I think wing Chun is ok for self defense, but would have to altar its training in order to truly be effective in mma. Wc rely too much on trapping and chi Sao. The dynamic of a mma fight makes trapping a minimal skill Seton general. Try to do wing Chun trapping in a fight like that and u just going to end in clinch or with a takedown attempt. I think wing Chun jamming can be a good element to transition to clinch.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Frost UFC banned neck strikes lol Bak Meis first form has less than ten moves three are neck shots so really all I can do is use the footwork in the cage and that sucks because its all short range ging with arm grabs bil jee finger thrust to heart punch then finish with neck strikes and then repeat on the other side that is Jik Bo the main BM power drill. Hop ga techs are completly banned also the theory is u keep throwing cheap shots to diff spots like kick the groin run behind and punch the kidney and then hammer the spine all banned tactics but that is what the hop ga large stance is meant for..full power dirty strikes using angles to sneak in. So all I got left is karate from kajukenbo and thats been done so maybe they would let me use bak mei staff so I can rep CMA as a white man lol. If China was as open as Thailand maybe whites would be better at gung fu and use it like MT like no one knows shiao jiao in Canada of course its not represented in the UFC I only first heard about it like ten years ago .
    so you are scre*ed because you cant kick the b*lls or hit the neck..thats it thats all you get from your bak mei? you cant say hit the head with a closed fist using the same mechanics or hit the body..must make sparring in your class a life or death event

Most whites learned thai boxing from thai boxers who came over here under a cloud (toddy sken etc) just like most whites learned kung fu from kung fu guys who came over, no difference what soever

and is amazing you cant use your hop gar in sparring but david rosses guys manage it............
    Last edited by Frost; 10-16-2011 at 01:31 PM.

clarification?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    What is fact is that you are not in the TCMA community, as you do not practice authentic kung fu, so obviously your "facts" are "different" from those of us in the know.

Just out of interest, where did you find this information? Frost's profile lists 10 years of Southern arts training.. I know he studied with a famous sifu here in the UK for a long time before moving on to his present pursuits. What makes you able to judge his skill/knowledge/background?

FWIW

R

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I got news for you, the Chinese martial arts are still being used in competitions. They are usually referred to Sanda, Sanshou (in some parts of New York, they are even referred to as San-Duh! (TM)...).

Also, many people in law enforcement, security industry, etc. still use TCMA techniques and training for REAL combat applications, and again, many sifus, will fight challenge matches if they are challenged!

As I explained above, the Chinese martial arts's combat effectiveness is on display for all to see. Of course, you will see better if you had practiced them yourself?

wait a minute a moment ago werent you arguing tcma master looked down on sports fighting and wont let their students take part...now you are pushing sanda as the be all and end all....i would point out the double standards here, not to mention the fact sanda and san shou is pretty much dead in the west and thai boxing, K1 and the UFC are where you should be going to test your skills, but im very tired after spending close to 7 hours this weekend with one of the most sort after wrestling coaches in MMA and I saw him demonstrate again and again those things you see as unique and special in your TCMA, short shocking power, sinking ability, the ability to listen with his whole body so on and so on and to be honest i cant be bothered so have fun in your training
    Last edited by Frost; 10-16-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    Just out of interest, where did you find this information? Frost's profile lists 10 years of Southern arts training.. I know he studied with a famous sifu here in the UK for a long time before moving on to his present pursuits. What makes you able to judge his skill/knowledge/background?

FWIW

R
    i believe i also managed to train a little bit with a very good bak mei and southern dragon sifu...might get to train again with him this weekend if he doesnt mind me popping along

Their is a saying for all these guys that talk to much, like Rogan and some of those other promoters. "The Empty Vessel Bellows Loudest"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I consider shuai jiao as a form of grappling. It just doesn't work all ranges..is it not consider tcma?? Maybe its not, I dunno.
    No, Shuai Jiao works all ranges-kicks, punches, throws and contrary to popular belief, they do have ground grappling. In my brief experience, I would say that BJJ has developed and refined its teaching methods, but SJ has many of the same
    chokes, armbars, shoulder locks (kimuura/americana)etc.
    You just have to find the right teacher.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    No, Shuai Jiao works all ranges-kicks, punches, throws and contrary to popular belief, they do have ground grappling. In my brief experience, I would say that BJJ has developed and refined its teaching methods, but SJ has many of the same
    chokes, armbars, shoulder locks (kimuura/americana)etc.
    You just have to find the right teacher.
    really thats not what most SJ guys say, one very famous SJ master carried a ring knife to deal with the ground and thats how a lot of his students say they would deal with a ground fighter stab them .....would like YKW's take on this since he knows a little about SJ