Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan

Joe Rogan

UFC Joe Rogan says Wing Chun Kung Fu is ineffective and a waste of time!

I'm told he's actually referring to a fight connected to the one we covered in our March April 2010 issue (see Lucas's comment on that thread).
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

joe rogan cant even tell the difference between slipping and bobbing and weaving

he really should just stick to his lousy stand up

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Hate him as I do, he has solid points, and really is not dissing CMA unfairly, as he admitted he was a victim himself with TKD. What he says is for the most part, true.

He is also making reference to Black Taoist and Maoshan's silly nonsense in NYC.

Cheers

JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Interestingly, there seem to be more black sifus than white. Part of this is because it was difficult for blacks to train in Karate during the 60's and 70's which was dominated by white racists. This was even true to some extent in the 80's.

Joe really just needs to shut up. Anderson Silva Uses TKD all the time. Karate sucked until Machida. I suppose kung fu will suck until it's Machida comes along. Although San Da Does not suck by mma standards.

I do not understand the "black vs. white" thing. And I would argue that there are "more" black teachers than white. All depends on where you live.

Silva does not use TKD, it is Muay Thai. And everyone will talk **** until someone proves the **** talking wrong! So far... no one. Simple.

JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    I do not understand the "black vs. white" thing. And I would argue that there are "more" black teachers than white. All depends on where you live.

Silva does not use TKD, it is Muay Thai. And everyone will talk **** until someone proves the **** talking wrong! So far... no one. Simple.

JAB

Sorry Bud, Anderson uses side stances, snapping round houses, and side kicks all the time. Those just aren't in the Muay Thai play book. Just do a search. Sure he uses the plumb and some standard Muay Thai, but he is doing a lot more TKD much to the chagrin of his MT coaches.

I should probably say that there is a higher proportion of Black to white sifus than black to white senseis. Although, I think that there might actually be more black sifus than white in the United States.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 05-25-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Joe really just needs to shut up. Anderson Silva Uses TKD all the time. Karate sucked until Machida. I suppose kung fu will suck until it's Machida comes along. Although San Da Does not suck by mma standards.

joe also said tkd has no knees in it lol

It makes me a bit sad to watch that clip. It's clear he doesn't understand what kung fu is.
    He laughs at moves like 'Tiger claws' and 'monkey fists', but HIS teacher uses colorful names like 'chill dog' and 'jiu claw'. A name is just a name- the training that goes behind it to make it effective is the what 'kung fu' means. It is a valid criticism that many Chinese martial artists have an overestimation of how much fighting skill they actually have- but that's just because of a lack of actual sparring and fighting experience, not the techniques themselves (SURELY everybody knows that a tiger claw to the face would hurt, that does not need to be proven?)
    He says that when the two kung fu guys fought, it turned into an MMA match...
    Actually, it turned into a fight. 'Hammerfist in side control" is not muay thai OR BJJ - its fighting. MMA guys fight- so it looked like that.
    Simple really.

"Sport MA" has done alot to damage the consistency of the martial side so I understand that Joe's comment was solid to the point of the unwillingness of 'kungfools" to see both sides of the equation. I am amused that although he, himself would fare terribly in such an encounter, he does acknowledge the 'legend in their own mind" attitude of many on all sides!

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Hate him as I do, he has solid points, and really is not dissing CMA unfairly, as he admitted he was a victim himself with TKD. What he says is for the most part, true.

And everyone will talk **** until someone proves the **** talking wrong! So far... no one. Simple.

JAB
    When you're right... you're right. A lot of nonsense and tomfoolery has crept into old skool TCMA. We can ignore the obvious or do something about it. I prefer doing something about it.

Silva is from the chute boxing academy in Rio, one of the top guys( coaches) there, perhaps the founder( I am not sure, going on memory here), used to do TKD before switching to MT.
    That is were Silva probably picked some of the kicks up.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

theres this too

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    theres this too
    LOL
    He looks awesome, even in that !
    He does a mean Bruce lee imitation too !

I think he got his BB in TKD when he was a teenager.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

rogan vs BT make it happen