Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    funny thing is we are in the MMA forum part of the site. Fun times for us "trespassers"
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    apparently you are you keep going with this conversation.
    Not really. How am I supposed to prove my TCMA knowledge to people like you, who have no point of reference and hence no way to recognize it? LOL!

All I a doing is trying to suggest that some of you guys should not talk about subject matters that you are clueless about as it does not become you.

funny thing is we are in the MMA forum part of the site. Fun times for us "trespassers"
    This (my) original thread was posted in the kung fu threads, but it was moved here by the moderator, perhaps because he did not recognize the fact that this discussion was not about MMAs, any more than other stuff being posted in the main forum - just like some of you guys. I guess this is just the sign of the times.

I am just glad that Joe Rogan is not a Sumo wrestler, because I donīt know where this thread would have ended up....

Not really. How am I supposed to prove my TCMA knowledge to people like you, who have no point of reference and hence no way to recognize it? LOL!

All I a doing is trying to suggest that some of you guys should not talk about subject matters that you are clueless about as it does not become you.
    more opinions, must mean you care
    either that or you just like to prove us ignorant MMA types wrong because of that huge chip on your shoulder.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

This (my) original thread was posted in the kung fu threads, but it was moved here by the moderator, perhaps because he did not recognize the fact that this discussion was not about MMAs, any more than other stuff being posted in the main forum - just like some of you guys. I guess this is just the sign of the times.
    not my fault I don't have control over such things. for a guy who truly hates others in the MMA fields you are spending a good bit of time here.

maybe it is a sign of the times and your ship isn't sinking and you need to sail on through.

not my fault I don't have control over such things. for a guy who truly hates others in the MMA fields you are spending a good bit of time here.
    Not my fault either, but it is my thread, so I am not going to leave it because somebody elses mistake - so get over it!

aybe it is a sign of the times and your ship isn't sinking and you need to sail on through.
    If it is my "ship that is sinking", then why are you posting in almost every thread in this forum? LOL!

I mean why don't you run along and enlighten the people in the MMA forums on the internet? LOL!

I mean why don't you run along and enlighten the people in the MMA forums on the internet? LOL!
    because we need to bring light to the unbelievers in the darkest parts of the world.

so get over it!
    didn't know I was on it lol.. just pointing out that you are upset at all the mma people and they put it here we didn't.

If it is my "ship that is sinking", then why are you posting in almost every thread in this forum? LOL!
    last i checked it's a free site.

because we need to bring light to the unbelievers in the darkest parts of the world.
    Then you can start with yourself as you are totally lost in the woods when it comes to authentic TCMA methodologies.....LOL!

didn't know I was on it lol.. just pointing out that you are upset at all the mma people and they put it here we didn't.
    If you look carefully you may see that at least some of the "they" are more MMA, than TCMA....

last i checked it's a free site.
    "Free" does not mean, "free for all"!

Free" does not mean, "free for all"!
    free to express my opinions, just as you are, as proven in the below statement.

Then you can start with yourself as you are totally lost in the woods when it comes to authentic TCMA methodologies.....LOL!
    If you look carefully you may see that at least some of the "they" are more MMA, than TCMA....
    mma threads here, that would probably mean there are people whom practice it here...sheeee didn't think it was that hard to understand.

this has been fun but it's starting to get boring. Bring back old memories and such.

I'm done here, you can keep going if you want.

I'm going to go spread my knowledge around here with others, you've been hogging all of it.

Good day to you.

I'm going to go spread my knowledge around here with others........
    "Knowledge"????? LOL, LOL,LOL!

I'm done here, you can keep going if you want.
    Dragonzbane76 - came to this thread with nothing; contributed nothing; left with nothing! LOL!

Good day to you.
    Good day to you (and your "knowledge") too....LOL!

Warning, what follows is one man's opinion...

I think what Frost is saying has a lot of truth in it, guys. Having moved onto MMA for a short while after studying chinese MA and cross-training in japanese, BJJ, and Thai stuff separately, I can tell you that many MMA guys train far more efficiently. I stuck with CMA, but MMA was an eye-opener and helped me refine some techniques. I used CMA all the time to keep myself on my feet--I just didn't call it CMA. It was, in short, an attempt to fight stand-up against groundfighters, and using groundfighting to fight stand-up guys.

The question is: Do you want to train in the MMA way? Personally, I didn't. I enjoyed the rolling, the sparring, etc., but I still ejoyed forms/drills based work that allowed for more movement, interpretation, and whatever. CMA provides cardio better suited to my schedule, interests, etc., as I'm sure it does most people. And there were plenty of MMA wannabes in the gym. Plus, i found that I didn't want to hurt my opponents as much as they wanted to hurt me within the rule set. I didn't like the sport aspect, since I mainly jockeyed for position and possible break points where I'd really do my damage with illegal strikes--but if you think MMA guys "can't" do those same illegal strikes, you'd be fooling yourself. It's not a one-way street.

CMA is less efficient. Not useless and ineffective, but certainly less efficient as it is USUALLY trained.

As for weapons and the lot, MMA doesn't have them, but MMA guys can pick that up elsewhere. Like I said, it's not a one-way street.

It's also not an "Either/or" scenario. You can have both, but you also have to be honest about how you train. I'm no MMA fighter.

Sounds very similar in regards to what i do. I agree with u on most of that. People tend to get stuck in routine and fear to venture out from that,i think u see this a lot in the tcma world.

Sounds very similar in regards to what i do. I agree with u on most of that. People tend to get stuck in routine and fear to venture out from that,i think u see this a lot in the tcma world.

That is funny, because I see a lot of MMA-ists who fear to venture out and train intellectually challenging TCMA methodologies, but then we live in a rich and varied world.

I think it's a good thing to look outside of your own art. That's the only way to discover first-hand your own strengths and weaknesses. It doesn't make you any less of a CMAist if your explorations take you outside of CMA, either.

For example, suppose that CMA does indeed have extensive ground grappling. I know it doesn't exist in CLF, or in the Mantis or Lung Ying I trained in before. Should I have gone through the difficulties of searching high and low for something that might be in some Chinese arts, or would I have investigated BJJ, a highly proven art that's readily available almost everywhere? I did so for a year, and not because I wanted to become a BJJ expert. But to gain the experience of rolling/sparring in a ground format so I would have a realistic point of reference with regards to ground grappling. I enjoyed the time spent there and got what I went for, but I never viewed BJJ as a lifetime pursuit.

I began my MA training in non-CMA, and I know there is value in all MA's.