Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    bawang is always right... first rule
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Blacktaoist and Maodhan are two of the biggest mouth boxers around. They have more videos of them talking than sparring. BT in particular seems to be very careful of having video of himself sparring.

Joe Rogan and Bawang are correct. BT and Maoshan think walking around in circles will give them magical powers.

Humblewc,
    where do you see more black sifus than anywhere else? Innercity ghettos? Those locations would ubdoubtedly have more black sifus than sifus of other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    Is Maoshan the guy who everyone talks about because he keeps filming himself getting his ass kicked?

Black taoist I don't remember.
    Yeah, that's him. BT is his brother.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Soooo then where's the fallacy in Joe Rogan's statement then that they're practicing patty cake?

Because it seems evident that they're doing something wrong if they're getting made fun of constantly on internet forums based on actual video footage.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    Soooo then where's the fallacy in Joe Rogan's statement then that they're practicing patty cake?

Because it seems evident that they're doing something wrong if they're getting made fun of constantly on internet forums based on actual video footage.
    It's his generalization to all kung fu that I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    It's his generalization to all kung fu that I don't like.
    unfortunatly until someone with a kung fu background steps up and wins in the cage his view will be the majority view held by people

dont some people doing mma in china have cma sanshou training as their striking core and shuai jiao as their grappling base......

example:

Current issue of this magazine......

just because people pull the wool over their own eyes, does not mean there is nothing beyond the veil....oh right, those guys all lose, no winners in any of those matches. my bad. post retracted...

granted these guys arent in the american market, but still, there are people using cma material in mma format. but well, a lot peope think UFC is all there is in mma....thats what we call good marketing.
    Last edited by Lucas; 06-11-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Well UFC is popular all over the world. It's great marketing! Does it have the best fighters? NNNNOOOOO way.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    unfortunatly until someone with a kung fu background steps up and wins in the cage his view will be the majority view held by people
    i thought cung le already did

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Thats debatable, based around his MA background.

what isnt debatable however is that he adopted a CMA full contact format to the MMA game.

regardless of the material he studied to learn the fight, he proved san shou can work in mma
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i thought cung le already did
    what do you mean? the TKD blackbelt and high school wrestling champ who trained in sanshou and vietnamese martial arts...that cung lee. And i think when people talk about TCMA and their lack of credability in the ring they are not talking about san shou...we are talking about the traditional arts, wing chun, hung gar, mantis, bagua, tai chi etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    what do you mean? the TKD blackbelt and high school wrestling champ who trained in sanshou and vietnamese martial arts...that cung lee. And i think when people talk about TCMA and their lack of credability in the ring they are not talking about san shou...we are talking about the traditional arts, wing chun, hung gar, mantis, bagua, tai chi etc.
    Yes thank you for mentioning that he also knows tkd and vietnamese kung fu that just solidifies him as a tma stylist

Youd be suprised how anything from the orient with the exception of thai boxing gets ragged on for being ineffective including sanda

Yes thank you for mentioning that he also knows tkd and vietnamese kung fu that just solidifies him as a tma stylist

Youd be suprised how anything from the orient with the exception of thai boxing gets ragged on for being ineffective including sanda
    sorry what was his kung fu background again...

Just because somebody knows Tae Kwon Do that fights in MMA does not make them a traditional stylist.

If a fighter got a black belt in TKD, then later went and trained in Muay Thai and a grappling art, then went into an MMA match, would you call them a traditional TKD fighter?
    I have a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT View Post
    Just because somebody knows Tae Kwon Do that fights in MMA does not make them a traditional stylist.

If a fighter got a black belt in TKD, then later went and trained in Muay Thai and a grappling art, then went into an MMA match, would you call them a traditional TKD fighter?
    well lets see he calls himself a traditional martial artist and still uses techniques from all three of the tma he learned in his fights despite the fact he learned a grappling art ( tkd doesnt work on the ground phil) and cross trained in mt

yeah i think he is a traditional stylist
    Last edited by goju; 06-12-2010 at 11:32 AM.