Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan

Videos old but I have always wondered if is he talking about Black Taoist?

Someone should point this out to Novell so he can make an incoherently rambling youtube video response.

If I was in the UFC, during the post fight the first thing I would say is " Why are you yelling at me Joe Rogan?"

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    SR - If you wanna get pizzed, check out the latest issue of chill magazine from the beerstore with Pacman on the cover.

Gurg. Who ever wrote the top athlete comparisons was a ******* armchair pimple I am certain.
    I don't go to the beer store...what did the article say?
    ( comparing athletes of different sports is like comparing a handjob and a blowjob from two different girls to see which one is the better lay).
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    ( comparing athletes of different sports is like comparing a handjob and a blowjob from two different girls to see which one is the better lay).
    You don't go to the beerstore? What are you? some kind of alien or something?

It's quite a long article and some of it is agreeable, but overall assessments are clearly biased.

Here's the ezine version:
    http://www.chillmedia.co/joomla/inde...rts&Itemid=213
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    You don't go to the beerstore? What are you? some kind of alien or something?

It's quite a long article and some of it is agreeable, but overall assessments are clearly biased.

Here's the ezine version:
    http://www.chillmedia.co/joomla/inde...rts&Itemid=213
    That isn't as bad as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Actually I don't blame him, because like most people here who criticize the TCMAs here in this forum, he has never had proper genuine training in kung fu.

Again, I understand this and I know his view is based on the limited world of sports MA and his very limited experience of TMAs - not unlike most people in this forum who criticize the TCMAs.

By the way, a Chow Gar Mantis kung fu brother of mine has knocked out a guy in the street with an open hand (palm) strike. It is easy when you know how.

In the Wing Chun lineage that I practice, with a curriculum that takes 6 to 8 years to complete, as opposed to "I am a sifu after two years" schools, one starts with a lot of fist strikes and conditioning in the earlier parts of the training. As one advances more and more open hand (as well as claw) strikes are used.

Food for thought!

Agreed. Sports tournaments are only one facet of the immense world of the martial arts.
    Actually, Rogan began martial arts in Taekwondo and competed in it for several years. It seems he does not have any experience in TCMA but he did come from a TMA background. So once again, perhaps you should do a little research into things before you go spouting off about how know one in the world knows anything except you.

For the record, I think Joe Rogan is a complete douchenozzle, but facts are facts.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This is a truly worthy endeavor and never gets old.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    This is a truly worthy endeavor and never gets old.
    One of the many reasons research is crucial in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Actually I don't blame him, because like most people here who criticize the TCMAs here in this forum, he has never had proper genuine training in kung fu.

Again, I understand this and I know his view is based on the limited world of sports MA and his very limited experience of TMAs - not unlike most people in this forum who criticize the TCMAs.

By the way, a Chow Gar Mantis kung fu brother of mine has knocked out a guy in the street with an open hand (palm) strike. It is easy when you know how.

In the Wing Chun lineage that I practice, with a curriculum that takes 6 to 8 years to complete, as opposed to "I am a sifu after two years" schools, one starts with a lot of fist strikes and conditioning in the earlier parts of the training. As one advances more and more open hand (as well as claw) strikes are used.

Food for thought!

Agreed. Sports tournaments are only one facet of the immense world of the martial arts.
    he competed in his TMA to a high level and i suspect has seen plenty of TCMA.... and if those that have the real TCMA cant man up and compete in sports events then he and the rest of us will just have to live in ignorance

I find it strange that real TCMA masters like WSL in wing chun and Ip Sui in chow gar made their names in gong sau matches yet their students by and large dont seem able to do the same in the modern sport world, if masters like those saw benefits in competing against other skilled opponents in limited rules competition whats stopping their students doing the same?

lyoto machida is a great example of tma in mma. yes he has a bjj black belt, but he is also a karate master, as was his father. you can see it in his fighting.

I think a great example of TMA in MMA fight would be when machida defended his title from rua. was very much a karate vs muay thai fight. yes the ground was an element, but there was not really one solid take down. shogun had a few attempts but really kept to his MT kicking and elbows and knees in the clinch, where machida stuck to his feints and blasting in with punch combinations supported by kicks.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    lyoto machida is a great example of tma in mma. yes he has a bjj black belt, but he is also a karate master, as was his father. you can see it in his fighting.

I think a great example of TMA in MMA fight would be when machida defended his title from rua. was very much a karate vs muay thai fight. yes the ground was an element, but there was not really one solid take down. shogun had a few attempts but really kept to his MT kicking and elbows and knees in the clinch, where machida stuck to his feints and blasting in with punch combinations supported by kicks.
    An excellent example dude.
    ANY TMA can be effective in MMA, it just has to be trained that way.
    Judo works in MMA, MT is a TMA/sport, karate has representation in MMA and all over the KB/K-1 world.

I completely agree. The most important lesson i feel MMA has given the world is that its all about your training methods. the respective skillsets are there, in any system, its how you develop them and keep them up to par that is truly important.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I completely agree. The most important lesson i feel MMA has given the world is that its all about your training methods. the respective skillsets are there, in any system, its how you develop them and keep them up to par that is truly important.
    Lucas has won the internet and now will be rewarded with guilt free poonany for life !

Yesss!!!!!!!

now i did not watch that vid cuz im at work but is this in reference to that one wing chun guy who tried out for ultimate fighter and had a bad showing and got all ****y?

I think we all get tired of the MMA vs. TMA debate, but the truth of it is MMA competitions are an excellent testing ground for one's art and skill set. The truth is if you can compete and win against a trained opponent who uses striking, clinch, and grappling with your art than you should have no trouble defending yourself from an attack from Joe Blow on the deadly street.

Notice the guy interviewing says something about these guys being in denial because they spent years training in a style that they cannot use to fight with. I still feel it is not so much the style as it is training methods, but oh well.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato