Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan

nope.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    nope.
    I am shocked, shocked I say !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This is very easily resolved.
    Any TCMA willing to step up and show Joe that he is wrong?
    I am sure that if he had made that comment about MT or Judo or BJJ or Karate that there would be a number of people willing to enlighten him.
    Anyone?
    stop being a smart ar$e

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    stop being a smart ar$e
    Bask in the uberness of my highly intelligent buttocks !

Bask in the uberness of my highly intelligent buttocks !
    cheers i laughed so loud then i woke my dog up! she was not impressed

Funny thing is that TCMA has a rich tradition of "stand up" for itself ( supposedly).
    What has happened to TCMA ? have they become the "sick men of the MA" ?

I recall that I had to enlighten a few guys once about how effective TMA were, unfortunately I gave up beating people to a pulp a while ago and add to that that what I do is nothing but "glorified kickboxing" I don't think I would be the person for the job BUT I am SURE there must be SOME authentic TCMA that could save the honour of our beloved Shaolin temple !!
    Anyone?

Funny thing is that TCMA has a rich tradition of "stand up" for itself ( supposedly).
    What has happened to TCMA ? have they become the "sick men of the MA" ?

I recall that I had to enlighten a few guys once about how effective TMA were, unfortunately I gave up beating people to a pulp a while ago and add to that that what I do is nothing but "glorified kickboxing" I don't think I would be the person for the job BUT I am SURE there must be SOME authentic TCMA that could save the honour of our beloved Shaolin temple !!
    Anyone?
    well i imagine the likes of WSL, Yip sui, CLC, most of the CLF and Lama guys would have stepped up.....afterall they made their names in (gosh) challange matches against other styles in a limited rules enviroment (doesnt that sound a bit like modern day MMA)

makes you wonder why those that claim lineages from the above now wont do what they did and step up and fight but look down on it as unworthy

well just because the forefathers of certain styles built that reputation for their respective disciplines, doesnt mean that the current generations are doing the same thing. some times riding on coat tails is an art in and of itself.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

well i imagine the likes of WSL, Yip sui, CLC, most of the CLF and Lama guys would have stepped up.....afterall they made their names in (gosh) challange matches against other styles in a limited rules enviroment (doesnt that sound a bit like modern day MMA)

makes you wonder why those that claim lineages from the above now wont do what they did and step up and fight but look down on it as unworthy
    my younger CLF buddy who does BM part time has been doing BJJ full time for two years with one of Marcus Soarez's BB's...unless my buddy does steroids he will never beat me with JJ...I could use just karate techniques from my old kajukenbo forms and dude wouldn't stand a chance i got six inches and thirty pounds on him and I smoke. the thing is I knew how to fight before learning any martial arts it's in my family to kick the **** out of each other going back to when my Great-Grandpa boxed in the Olympics over seventy years ago. TMA makes my fighting posture more stable, MMA gives me a chance to spar and see if I'm really stable I smoke and am 34 I'm not wasting my time entering a ring risking six months off from a possible injury, besides when he were young we ratpacked dudes like 7 14 year olds stomping two thirty year olds it's not impressive to me to give a guy a concussion in the ring lol I revoked violence the last time I kicked my older brother in the head talking **** while drunk, it made me feel like a animal lol I know how to use Gung Fu as much as I can box and wrestle it's not that big a deal.

I think rascism is the main reason some TMA's haven't stepped up. I mean it's not like Thai fighters from Thailand win ufc it's always black and white guys who use thai boxing, China didn't open up untill Nixon in the 70's and I know Bak Mei is only open to students who have put in close to ten years...there is like 17 Gung fu styles in BM it's a lot of work.
    Last edited by diego; 10-14-2011 at 03:27 PM.

This is very easily resolved.
    Any TCMA willing to step up and show Joe that he is wrong?
    I am sure that if he had made that comment about MT or Judo or BJJ or Karate that there would be a number of people willing to enlighten him.
    Anyone?
    are you implying there is no giant africans that know TMA's? I wish andre the giant was alive so I could teach him Wing Chun and then he can slap joe in his stupid face...a history in tkd and then you do roids so you can actually use bjj is not that impressive it's kinda gaye really.

Button says on 16/Jul/11
    Ooooops, I was way off. For some reason I always thought he was like 6'0". Now I have looked back at him again properly, I can clearly see he's nowhere near 6'0" at all. I reckon he looks noticeably below average for a man. How on Earth did I see 6'0" for him before? I'm a bit of an idiot I guess. This listing seems about right to me. I think if he stood with Rob, he would be a little shorter. I don't see him being above 5'8" and certainly not the 5'8.5" he claims.
    lmfao dude set up the fight I'm six foot four joe is only 5 foot 8 **** it i'l smoke and won't do cardio for two weeks before the event, it will give joe a chance to cake up on steroids.

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Joe-Rogan-1194.html

and people wonder why Rogan has this opinion of TCMA....
    so I don't know BJJ at all right?.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    my younger CLF buddy who does BM part time has been doing BJJ full time for two years with one of Marcus Soarez's BB's...unless my buddy does steroids he will never beat me with JJ...I could use just karate techniques from my old kajukenbo forms and dude wouldn't stand a chance i got six inches and thirty pounds on him and I smoke. the thing is I knew how to fight before learning any martial arts it's in my family to kick the **** out of each other going back to when my Great-Grandpa boxed in the Olympics over seventy years ago. TMA makes my fighting posture more stable, MMA gives me a chance to spar and see if I'm really stable I smoke and am 34 I'm not wasting my time entering a ring risking six months off from a possible injury, besides when he were young we ratpacked dudes like 7 14 year olds stomping two thirty year olds it's not impressive to me to give a guy a concussion in the ring lol I revoked violence the last time I kicked my older brother in the head talking **** while drunk, it made me feel like a animal lol I know how to use Gung Fu as much as I can box and wrestle it's not that big a deal.

I think rascism is the main reason some TMA's haven't stepped up. I mean it's not like Thai fighters from Thailand win ufc it's always black and white guys who use thai boxing, China didn't open up untill Nixon in the 70's and I know Bak Mei is only open to students who have put in close to ten years...there is like 17 Gung fu styles in BM it's a lot of work.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seriously, the stuff you state sometimes is like a cluster fuk of idiots wandering around bumping into walls.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    Haha funny.

Not in the interpretation of grappling it doesnt delve into the many layers of it.
    And there are many layers in Chin-na/Kum-La that BJJ and Western Wrestlers would not be able to imagine.

Food for thought......

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    Having a bland overview does not constitute a well versed understanding of clinch or grappling. But go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself otherwise.
    Back at you and all who think like you. You guys Joe Rogan included, criticise the TCMA based on what you know about BJJ and Western Wrestling, not based on any intimate knowledge of the TCMAs.

Try to understand the wisdom in the above statement and you will be enlightened forever.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 10-15-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I just needed a place to post this:

I'd love to meet Joe someday, regardless of his opinion. In my position, I must tolerate lots of opinions. Case and point - this forum...
    Thank you for posting the above story. It is very relevant to what is being discussed here. The Brit in the story went to the source to find the authentic kung fu. If he had looked hard enough though, he would have found it in the UK as well, but he did not cut corners, he went to China and after some trials and errors (in the beginning) he found the right style and the right teacher.

What he studied not only has changed and improved his life, but also works for him combat wise speaking, so much so that he does not even feel the need to train other styles of kung fu.

Of course, his story will soon be forgotten by the posters here and we will continue hearing about the greatness of UFC style training and the supposed "weakness" of TCMAs, usually by people who have not had 2 months of authentic traditional kung fu training under a master from an authentic lineage.

Yes, nowadays patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    This from the guy who says the best way to defend a double leg is the lethal palm strike to the top of the head.
    Actually, it was defense against a single leg take down.

I know that among the "kung fu" tagged MMA-ists, the notion of effective palm strikes is seen as fantasy, but that has more to do by the fact that the "kung fu" tagged posters have never really practicied authentic TCMAs, so they would not be able to apply an effective palm strike if their lives defended on it.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with not being able to apply effective palm strikes. Afterall, you are not really a TCMA-ist, but the problem is that, just like our friend Joe Rogan, not having a clue as to how a given system of MA works, never stops you from badmouthing it!