Thread: White Crane Master Kwong Bong Fu

White Crane Master Kwong Bong Fu

Hi

I'm new to this forum. I have been a student of Hok Koon (Crane Fist) Kung Fu for about 10 years. I am trying to find out a little about the lineage of our club. My Grandmaster is also a master of Pak Hok, he has since developed his own style Hok Koon which is still based on the movements of the Crane but is more short range than Pak Hok.

His Grandmaster was a man called Kwong Bong Fu. He had a school in China Town London & our Grandmaster was a student of his for 20 years before returning to the Midlands to open his own school.

I just wondered if any one new anything about Kwong Bong Fu or could recomend any books or where to go to progress my research into him?

Thanking you in advance
    Kind Regards
    Kevin

Kwong Bon Fu not Kwong Bong Fu

Apparently it was Kwong Bon Fu & not Kwong Bong Fu as I originally posted. A Chinese friend recently told me how he struggles to send money home to his parents sometimes because of the difficulty of translating from Chinese to English.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Kwong Bon Foo was very well known and is highly respected in the Tibetan MA circle.
    I think John Howland: jdhowland, here on this forum, may be able to help you with his background. Otherwise, just google his name + Tibetan White Crane.

Regards,

Indra.

You may try to contact Vincent Chow in British Columbia for info on Kwong Bun Fu. He still has a White Crane website and active students.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity