Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ip Man does BJJ

i would love to see a WC guy produce those ground techniques agains my sidai who is also wrestler....that would be interesting to see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Why do people always make the mistake of assuming ground fighting = grappling. Striking whilst on the ground is also ground fighting. IMHO Wing Chun ground work isn't adding in locks, chokes and grappling moves even if labelled as chin na, it is about taking what you do standing up and applying it whilst on the ground. It takes practice and will never work unless its trained regularly but it does work if you persevere.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Blog Entries
    Why do people always make the mistake of assuming ground fighting = grappling. Striking whilst on the ground is also ground fighting.
    It's just like the stand up game, you can't prevent your opponent from getting into clinch on you. How many times the referee has to separate 2 boxers from clinch? In the ground game, if you punch, you will need distance, That distance can be used to against you if your opponent has a chance to raise his legs and wrap you.

Why do people always make the mistake of assuming ground fighting = grappling. Striking whilst on the ground is also ground fighting. IMHO Wing Chun ground work isn't adding in locks, chokes and grappling moves even if labelled as chin na, it is about taking what you do standing up and applying it whilst on the ground. It takes practice and will never work unless its trained regularly but it does work if you persevere.
    IOW, Vale Tudo.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Why do people always make the mistake of assuming ground fighting = grappling. Striking whilst on the ground is also ground fighting.
    because the two are connected deeply. You have to know the inner workings of ground work to be able to get leverage. The ability to strike with any kind of meaning on the ground is rooted in leverage. If someone knows how to "lock down" someone to where they cannot get seperation then your ability to "ground fight" is null and void. So grappling in itself is the basics of being able to ground fight, because it teaches postioning and movement which in turn give the ability to "ground fight" Why do you think most wrestlers and such are good at Ground and pound? Because they have advantage in being able to dictate the directions and movements on the ground in order to obtain that ability.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Hmmmm

Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

No one is advocating groundfighting by choice in a defense situation with potential multiple attackers. Knee on stomach would have been a better control position for the top guy as it allows a quick detachment and exit. You still need to be aware of your environment as well, i.e groundfighting on a road where getting run over is a possibility is probably not real smart either, and not where there are fat ladies standing around who could kick you in the head.

But thinking you have a choice of where and how you might get attacked or whether or not you might end up on your back during it is delusional.

The unconscious guy looked to have friends there, but none of them thought to move him to safety.

Then again, I'm not convinced this wasn't staged either.

A quick review of the vid indicates all participants and the cameraman would be best removed from the gene pool as we resist the slide toward Idiocracy.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Hah! ......

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    . . . A quick review of the vid indicates all participants and the cameraman would be best removed from the gene pool as we resist the slide toward Idiocracy.
    So they should be cut from the herd? . . . .lol
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr