Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ip Man does BJJ

Ip Man does BJJ

Sorry purists and MMA haters ... but this is what Donnie Yen is up to these days...

http://www.dstryrsg.com/2011/10/amaz...bjj-to-hk.html
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

That film was released before Ip Man.

Interesting choreography though.

Quote Originally Posted by Runlikehell View Post
    That film was released before Ip Man.

Interesting choreography though.
    I didn't know that. Thanks.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

No problem.

Finally a kung fu movie that makes the MMA-ists humid down below...LOL!

pardon?

Interesting that the guy who posted the vid says a combo of wing chun, wrestling and .... could see most of that except for the wing chun LOL!!

R

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Finally a kung fu movie that makes the MMA-ists humid down below...LOL!
    or give the purist a discomforting chill.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    Not really. It just makes me laugh at how naive some people are.

The film studios in Hong Kong are run by businessmen (and not knuckleheads). They know that BJJ is "in" nowadays, so they have fused it into their kung fu fight scenes and apparently it has had the desired effect on the "MMA is best" community, seeing the number wet panties it has resulted in this forum.

So, if I were you I would not read too much into it.....
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 10-15-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Not really. It just makes me laugh at how naive some people are.

The film studios in Hong Kong are run by businessmen (and not knuckleheads). They know that BJJ is "in" nowadays, so they have fused it into their kung fu fight scenes and apparently it has had the desired effect on the "MMA is best" community, seeing the number wet panties it has resulted in this forum.
    or maybe people are starting to wake up to understand. Of couse it's just a movie and therefore should be treated as such but it has an underlying statement about people starting to realize things. anyways this is actually an older movie. Not very recent.

anyways believe what you want, I'm not going to change your mind, but maybe one day you will understand but I truely doubt it.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

or maybe people are starting to wake up to understand. Of couse it's just a movie and therefore should be treated as such but it has an underlying statement about people starting to realize things. anyways this is actually an older movie. Not very recent.
    The Chinese kung fu masters of the past had to deal with ground fighters centuries before the Gracie's "invented" ground fighting. Just in case you didn't know, wrestling arts in China have been around a lot longer than the striking arts.

anyways believe what you want, I'm not going to change your mind, but maybe one day you will understand but I truely doubt it.
    It is not about believing, it is about KNOWING. Knowing kung fu comes from PRACTICING kung fu. I practice it, you DON'T!

IT IS THAT SIMPLE!

Have you guys watched Killing Zone? Donnie yen's fight vs sammo hung wasn't pure kung fu, but i think its one of the best fighting scenes i've seen in a while. Anything to make the scenes entertaining, I say.

The Chinese kung fu masters of the past had to deal with ground fighters centuries before the Gracie's "invented" ground fighting. Just in case you didn't know, wrestling arts in China have been around a lot longer than the striking arts.
    wrestling was the first fighting art. And I've never stated that gracies invented ground fighting all they did was present a new idea. glad we've covered the history of MA's.

It is not about believing, it is about KNOWING. Knowing kung fu comes from PRACTICING kung fu. I practice it, you DON'T!

IT IS THAT SIMPLE!
    say what you will. I've practiced KF for about 20 years now along with many other arts. I'm not going down this road of banter with you. Insult away maybe you'll get banned again.
    p.s. you find that clip of cma doing grappling and ground work I asked for?

Blog Entries
    The word "purist" is a funny word. The attitude such as, "We don't do this in our style ...." is just blind loyality. How hard can it be to integrate "single leg" or "hip throw" into WC? It's not that hard at all. The moment that 1 or 2 moves is introduced into the system, the associated skills will be pulled in too. It will definitely be an "enhancement" and not "water down".

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    See how much you can learn surfing the interw3bz while living in your mom's basement practicing "authentic kung fu"?

Although it does have side effects, like the subconscious over-focus on "wet panties".