Thread: Bridging hands, weapons, etc. at United Martial Arts Institute Kung Fu Championship

Bridging hands, weapons, etc. at United Martial Arts Institute Kung Fu Championship

Just letting Wing Chun people in the area know -

United Martial Arts Institute Kung Fu Championship (UMAI)
    Saturday, October 22nd
    9am-7pm
    1200 W. Algonquin Rd.
    Palatine, IL 60067

http://www.umaikungfu.com/

It will include an open bridging hands tournament. This is not luk sao format, but rather uses mainland style rolling to make it more accessible to other arts. Had good success with this open format in the past with wing chun, jook lum, hung ga, taiji, bagua, and more entering and competing successfully with each other.

There is also double short weapons sparring, this is of course full contact knives/baat jaam do sparring. Uses specially constructed foam covered pvc knives.

For those included to bore the judges doing SNT, wing chun forms are of course welcome in the southern forms division.

Finally, there are of course semi-contact sparring and full contact lei tai for anyone interested in doing their wing chun in those formats.

Should be a good time, and I strongly encourage anyone coming to contact me as well so I can try and organize a little wing chun clan get together. Likewise if you have any questions about any of the above, feel free to contact me as well.
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

I will be there, looking forward to it.....

Question

[QUOTE=martyg;1134125]Just letting Wing Chun people in the area know -
    For those included to bore the judges doing SNT, wing chun forms are of course welcome in the southern forms division. QUOTE]

How do you think that will play? I mean, WC/WT/VT forms are really boring..... except perhaps for some of the more exotic lineages. I can't fathom a WC forms competition any more than a meditation competition!
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

2nd and 3rd form are decent to watch in my opinion though I do agree with you for SLT.

This week!