Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Key to Internal is...

TGY =

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    standing meditation
    Standing doesn't have to do with "meditation". When you stand, you can develop:

- endurence,
    - balance,
    - flexibility.

When I stand in "燕子超水(Yan Zi Chao Shui) - Swallow skips water", there is no way that I can "meditate".

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6512/13taibo5.jpg
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-27-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Standing doesn't have to do with "meditation". When you stand, you can develop:

- endurence,
    - balance,
    - flexibility.

When I stand in "燕子超水(Yan Zi Chao Shui) - Swallow skips water", there is no way that I can "meditate".

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6512/13taibo5.jpg
    perhaps ur sensibility of what constitutes meditation is different?

AFAIK, meditation can occur anywhere at anytime, at least from the perspective of Ch'an - meditation is the practice of "stopping and seeing", meaning that it is a pragmatic means of avoiding doing what most of us do in our daily lives: reacting out of habitual neurosis instead of responding with equanimity to a situation when we a challenged in someway; by this definition, it becomes relevant, as opposed to rarified: I mean, who cares how great of a meditator I am sitting on a cushion in a dimly lit room if once I come out of that room I am an asz hole to my wife and kids, right?

admittedly though, in the pic above, that might be harder - but then again, there are many yoga postures much more challenging to achieve and maintain, wherein meditation occurs...