Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Key to Internal is...

The Key to Internal is...

...standing meditation. This helps identify structural hang ups and inefficiencies. The next step is to carry that efficiency into other postures, movements and techniques.

That's it. Oh, sure, there are some more specific details but that's the core of it right there.

EO

the key to internal is to relax the sphincter. and just let it flow. let it flow.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Wait! I thought there was no internal/external. Make up your minds already.

Blog Entries
    the key to having great internal is taking a better dump!!!!!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    It's like the bud light commercials..

Here we go!
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

and 5....4....3....2...1 before a scantily clad pic shows up courtesy of Sanjuro?

yeah that's a silver bullet i would ride.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    ...standing meditation. This helps identify structural hang ups and inefficiencies. The next step is to carry that efficiency into other postures, movements and techniques.

That's it. Oh, sure, there are some more specific details but that's the core of it right there.

EO
    The key to internal is to stop worrying about it...

It is not worth worrying, but it is worth contemplating...

IMHO, the key to Internal is to do it internally more so than externally, but one does not exclude the other, so when moving externally think stillness internally, the more turbulent the external movements the calmer is the internal mind, the harder you hit the softer are the punches, what others can see externally is driven by what they cannot see in you internally and so forth.

Zhan Zhuang is just the beginning, and all styles do them one way or another, in CLF we hold the horse stance for the duration it takes for an incense stick to burn completely.

BTW, it is not standing meditation, it is standing awareness, you concentrate actively and continuously on every part of your body while stand still and allow the internal pain to make you become aware of your external deficiency and correct them accordingly; only when there is external efficiency (being comfortable, free from pain and natural), can there be the seeds of internal accomplishment.

As for the lovely ladies, I prefer them without the paint but I am willing to settle for what is given.

XJ

EO
    Yes, there is more to it, but you have hit the nail with Zhan Zhuang (standing) training, which can then be accompanied with specific, not so well known two men training.

Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Wait! I thought there was no internal/external. Make up your minds already.
    That is the school of thought presented by people who have not practiced genuine TCMAs, but Eric Olson, more or less hit the nail on the head with his reference to standing training, which despite popular belief among the "I have done kung fu for 'decades' [but I am still clueless]" MMA fraternity, is not about finding "relaxation".

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    That is the school of thought presented by people who have not practiced genuine TCMAs, but Eric Olson, more or less hit the nail on the head with his reference to standing training, which despite popular belief among the "I have done kung fu for 'decades' [but I am still clueless]" MMA fraternity, is not about finding "relaxation".
    What do you consider genuine TCMA? And don't tell me wing chun

EO
    there are both static and dynamic stretching

be it yoga or standing in postures.

due to gravity, that is.

you may do your crunch, reverse crunch, v-crunch, and hold in start or end posture

or you may move your crunches slowly

or you may move fast.

so standing or holding alone is part of the picture and not whole.

moving in postures is called dong zhuang

standing in postures is called zhan zhuang

etc etc

I agree, the key to defending yourself while standing up is to practice while you are standing up. If you practice self-defense lying down then you will only be able to defend yourself while lying down.

Standing up is VERY important when practicing the martial arts!

I agree, the key to defending yourself while standing up is to practice while you are standing up. If you practice self-defense lying down then you will only be able to defend yourself while lying down.

Standing up is VERY important when practicing the martial arts!