Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Key to Internal is...

It has been proven and shown OVER AND OVER that human ALL work the same in regards to bio-mechanics.
    Correct bio-mechanics done to accomplish ANY task have the following:
    Correct use of muscle tension and relaxtion.
    Correct alignment

How does one run the 100 meters internally?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Here is another thing to try to demonstrate the fantasy of internal:

If internal power is REAL, use it against a 280# Sumo Wrestler or a Pro NFL Lineman. Size should not matter if one is using REAL internal power! I prefer to see your proof demonstrated against the Sumo Wrestler since he has more experience using Bio-Mechanics in a martial atmosphere.

Demos for internal power are always used against the inexperience, and students, but if it can work in real life it can work against an experienced Sumo Wrestler.

Good Luck!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlu_wA-VWA

FWIW

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlu_wA-VWA

FWIW

joy chaudhuri
    Perhaps I missed something since I don't understand Chinese, but it looked to me that the "Sumo wrestler" was playing the "Taiji Master's" game there which it would have been easier for the "Taiji master."

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    Perhaps I missed something since I don't understand Chinese, but it looked to me that the "Sumo wrestler" was playing the "Taiji Master's" game there which it would have been easier for the "Taiji master."
    --------------------------------------------
    Most videos are suggestive- you can draw your own conclusions- ok with me.

joy chaudhuri

It was a demo and a good one, but if you look at Akebonos posture and legs you can see that he isn''t trying to push, he is just leaning on him more than anything.
    Still well done by the Taiji player.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    --------------------------------------------
    Most videos are suggestive- you can draw your own conclusions- ok with me.

joy chaudhuri
    The problem with that is thought is that I have experience with Taiji and push hands. You can make a bigger opponent look less likely do anything by just simply doing fixed form push hands, and in fact my teacher used to say that it was just a way for master's to make students look bad .

In any case, I was expecting the sumo wrestler to go for the Taiji guy's body and not a single limb. There was no "internal" there, just body mechanics, amongst other things.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It has been proven and shown OVER AND OVER that human ALL work the same in regards to bio-mechanics.
    Correct bio-mechanics done to accomplish ANY task have the following:
    Correct use of muscle tension and relaxtion.
    Correct alignment

How does one run the 100 meters internally?
    Internal can be applied to running, did you ever see the RemoWilliams movie where he was running on the beach and the master was saying "float float". Same thing.

Developing internal for MA is not about conditioning muscle memory. I have never meet anyone that did conditioning exercises that developed any internal MA application.

To develope Internal is the opposite training of external exercising for MA application, Internal is not about muscle memory or mechanical strength. Those types of training are good for events that don't need to adjust or interact with someone else, like running, swimming etc., or endurance events.

I have meet very few that can apply internal the way it is described in the classics, so don't worry that it is easy to get or find, you will probably never meet someone that has developed it to the point to use it against you.

So I would say internal is more of a development challenge for your self development, any idiot can punch or kick a bag. But there is no limit to internal development, unlike external which has peak and then down hill slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Internal can be applied to running, did you ever see the RemoWilliams movie where he was running on the beach and the master was saying "float float". Same thing.

Developing internal for MA is not about conditioning muscle memory. I have never meet anyone that did conditioning exercises that developed any internal MA application.

To develope Internal is the opposite training of external exercising for MA application, Internal is not about muscle memory or mechanical strength. Those types of training are good for events that don't need to adjust or interact with someone else, like running, swimming etc., or endurance events.

I have meet very few that can apply internal the way it is described in the classics, so don't worry that it is easy to get or find, you will probably never meet someone that has developed it to the point to use it against you.

So I would say internal is more of a development challenge for your self development, any idiot can punch or kick a bag. But there is no limit to internal development, unlike external which has peak and then down hill slope.
    Well, obviously you are not serious about this discussion.
    Remo Williams indeed.
    I suggest you do some reading on even basic bio-mechanics.

The mind is the body and the body is the mind. But if you want to talk about them, you have to draw distinctions.
    I used to be a long distance runner. There is a mental component to it for sure. same for lifting weights. Same for punching someone in the face. Whatever you want to call this component, it's still there, and it can be trained.

As some people here are already aware I am a practitioner of Xingyiquan, Lin Kong Jing (an offshoot of Yiquan), and Muay Thai.

Here are two videos of me doing some heavybag work while utilizing the "internal" principles I've been taught by my Xingyiquan/Lin Kong Jing instructor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izACeXRaia4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpAai...eature=related

That's what REAL internal looks like.

Train Hard,
    Josh Skinner

I have meet very few that can apply internal the way it is described in the classics,
    And what classics are those?

I just realized what movie you're referring to, there are some real characters on this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by donjitsu2 View Post
    As some people here are already aware I am a practitioner of Xingyiquan, Lin Kong Jing (an offshoot of Yiquan), and Muay Thai.

Here are two videos of me doing some heavybag work while utilizing the "internal" principles I've been taught by my Xingyiquan/Lin Kong Jing instructor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izACeXRaia4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpAai...eature=related

That's what REAL internal looks like.

Train Hard,
    Josh Skinner
    Nice vids, bro. Good to see someone posting their training. On the first vid, I may be mistaken but we're you switching from southpaw to orthodox stance, and if so, is that something you have personally trained or something you picked up in the CMA styles you have trained. Also, on your hook punches I notice your loading up for more power, I say that because I often do the same thing. Good, strong, bag work!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Nice vids, bro. Good to see someone posting their training. On the first vid, I may be mistaken but we're you switching from southpaw to orthodox stance, and if so, is that something you have personally trained or something you picked up in the CMA styles you have trained. Also, on your hook punches I notice your loading up for more power, I say that because I often do the same thing. Good, strong, bag work!!
    Thanks man

Yeah, I tend to switch between the two styles and it is due to my Xingyi background.

And you're right, I do need to work on my hooks. I do more of a whipping style of hook - which has its uses but shouldn't be the only hook I can do with power.

Train Hard,
    Josh Skinner