Thread: Anybody recommend any good Wing Chun Instructional Books or DVD's?

Anybody recommend any good Wing Chun Instructional Books or DVD's?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I was just wondering if anybody could recomend any good instructional Wing Chun books or dvds. I've been studying Crane Style for 10 years and was just beginning to explore other styles but can't really afford to take any more classes at the moment..

I'm reading Masters Kung Fu by Simon Lau at the moment which is pretty good.

Kevin

ps thanks Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by KJW View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I was just wondering if anybody could recomend any good instructional Wing Chun books or dvds. I've been studying Crane Style for 10 years and was just beginning to explore other styles but can't really afford to take any more classes at the moment..

I'm reading Masters Kung Fu by Simon Lau at the moment which is pretty good.

Kevin

ps thanks Lucas
    Just for starter without too much imfo overload, check out Wong Shun Leung's The Science of In-Fighting. You can find the video broken down in sections online.

I highly recommend Alan Orr's and Robert Chu's dvd's.
    Alan's focus more on the practical fighting applications of WC and Robert's are good basic learning DVD's.
    I can also recommend Samuel Kwoks.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I saw Alan Orr's stuff about a year back and was really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by KJW View Post

Hi

ps thanks Lucas
    I don't think there are any good Wing Chun books per se; there are "ok" wing chun books but in my opinion not good ones. As for video, get every Gary Lam video you can get your hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    Just for starter without too much imfo overload, check out Wong Shun Leung's The Science of In-Fighting. You can find the video broken down in sections online.
    Thanks for all the tips, I've just watched Wong Shun Leung videos on youtube. I might invest in the dvd, I've found it on ebay.

The Best instructional books for WC is to fight with what you Know...Find willing opponents who can fight...An spar with them...the more you spar the more you will understand what your wing chun is for!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"