Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reduce appetite

BIU JI Guest

Latent Diseases?

I've never heard that but could be true I guess.
    I haven't done a true fast before though I did one similar to the yearly muslim(?) fast of not eating during the day and only at night. despite obviously being famished at night I did feel a cleansing affect from it and would like at some point to do it again though you need to have plenty of rest and not be going to work or such.

A doctor told me a few years ago a theory about many years ago when humans still lived in small vilages as such (some still do) and lived more by the seasons as you said Abandit. At this time we had a natural fasting cycle due to times of less food so the body tended to be cleaned more naturally but now we have high quality food year round and don't give ourselves that opportunity.So we tend to clog our bodies with to many toxin etc, **** I'm scaring myself now think I'll leave it there.

joedoe Guest
    Fasting will always reduce appetite because it allows your stomach to shrink. It is pretty drastic though and can cause a 'healing crisis' as the body suddenly eliminates all the builtup toxins.

The best way is to reduce your intake slowly. Just eat a little less for a few days, then when you are used to that reduce it a little more until you are happy with the amount you are eating.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Thank you to all for your advice and information!

SevenStar Guest

Biu Ji

I think you were referring to ramadan(sp?), which is a time where the muslins fast during the day and only eat after sundown.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something."

bearpaw Guest

yay

I've started the CROn diet and it works really well. You can look in to it at http://www.walford.com

BIU JI Guest

7 star

that could be it , I don't know the name only there are several people at work who have done this , Also a few guys who are from Banglidesh that have done the same.
    A bandit , I ought to start another thread as I wasn't refering particularly to reducing appetite only on cleansing the body, an off topic I realise.
    Next time I'll know my place, lol.

fei_jai Guest

Is this really the right thing to do??

I thought that, ideally, you'd want your metabolism to increase, by more exercise, and healthier food. Food which the body doesn't store (ie, fat).

Increased metabolism means the body burns the energy in the food that you eat more readily, thus less of it to store.

By eating less, doesn't your metabolism slow down, because of the less intake of food, the body slows the metabolism, as in, saving energy for later. ??

When you feel hungry, it means the the body needs more food. The body has to feel right, and that means not continually hungry, even if it is only a transitional state.

Anyways, I didn't think it mattered how much you eat, as long as you eat right, and exercise regulary. Also, breakfast should be the largest meal of the day, with dinner being a light snack. Reason being that what you eat during the morning, you'll burn off during the day, and not store during inactivity like sleeping.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts on the subject. I, in no way, claim to be a nutritional expert. I need to change my diet, but I just love my meat too much.

Oh, yeah, the thinest people I know tend to be the biggest eaters too.

Robinf Guest
    I know some really thin folks who eat a lot, too. Then, I know more obese folks who also eat a lot. Genetics has a lot to do with it.

For those who are kind of an average human being, watching caloric intake is the proven way to lose weight or maintain weight loss or weight gain.

The tricking the metabolism thing by eating more often... I don't think there have been too many studies. Calories is the tried way. I need more evidence for the other. I tried eating more often during the day. Didn't work. I eat 3 typical meals then snack throughout the day--apples, nuts, grapefruit, salads, yogurt, etc.

Ultimately, different things will work for different people. But, if you're desired result is to eat less, then you have to eat less.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

joedoe Guest
    I agree - I know so many skinny people who eat like crazy. But then again, I'm a fat ******* and I eat like crazy too :)

I am currently doing the Liver Cleansing Diet. Worked wonders so far. I feel so much better, my asthma has improved, and I have lost almost 15lbs. Calorie counting helps, but I am not sure that it is all there is to it. I think just eating sensibly and eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables is the key.

Having said that, not all diets work for everyone, so really you have to find what works for you :)

Robinf Guest
    There's one more tip I forgot to post, and it's a big one:

READ LABELS

Don't just buy the food, but read what you're getting and get the stuff that has the most good to it. Don't waste your money on food that won't do much for your body but tease your brain into thinking your full.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

BIU JI Guest

A bandit

Your asthma has improved?! Is that a good thing haha.

joedoe Guest
    Biu Ji,

Yes, it has improved as in gotten better. I am using less of my medication (ventolin) now because I find I don't need it.

BIU JI Guest
    What's sets off your asthma usually?

joedoe Guest
    Dust mite, grass, cats, cigarette smoke. It looks like dairy foods have a big effect too as I have completely cut them out and I feel so much better.

Sevan Guest

Calories

Hey,
    a quick question...
    Does anyone know of a chart, or whatnot, that lists the average calorie need of a person?

Thanks