Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To develop Fa Ging

Some of what you said I agree with...AS for basics...the basics is the forms and drills. How you do the drill and forms are basic...but thats not the intrepreation or even application...its a training tool to get you use to shapes and forms of each technique. once you have muscle memory you can apply the techniques and shapes and forms in freestyle situtation as you like...Fighting is not a set pattern. You dont have time to think about doing your techniques exactly as they are done in chum kiu or sil lim tau. You flow with each technique. You apply the technique any way that works for you. There are certain principles you follow of course...But for each situtation there is a change. You dont have time to plan out your attack because the unexpected may happen. You scream or yell at me I punch you. I see your noise as an attack i strike you instantly for being a MAD man. I dont wait for you to pounce on me like some animal...i attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    You can form an intire fighting system around tan sao. I simple concept, but it is seldom ever applied in the same manner, so yes, application can be very different from one to the next. Take jiujitsu for an example. There are probably about 60 techniques all together. I have about 70 because I have developed some of my own. However, there are about 10 to 12 variations of these techniques, which will equate to more than 700. A huge range of techniques. But, in a single fight one might not use more than one or two and it is over. WC is like that. There is so many different ways to apply tan sao and follow up that you can indeed form an entire fighting system around it. The basics will remain the same though. If you alter them, your application will be all wrong.
    Now, even though you adhere to the principals of tan sao, you can do your follow up applications wrong and get whacked. It will all depend on your situation. Nothing will work for you if you don't try it. Like standing off and trading licks with someone. It is silly. Just say I was confronted by someone that was mad at me and wanted to fight me. I don't think about doing anything like fighting with him. I simply make a loud noise to startle him and rush him. I can take him off his balance and form my own bridge. While he is off balance I can spin him and take him to his knees and attack his head viciously. I can then jump back and kick him brutally. Is that Wing Chun? You bet it is. It is the way I learned to fight and it has kept me breathing in more than one situation. All this talk about resisting opponents, forget about it. Once I make contact and take a mans balance any resistance is futile.

Your comment is better than one I was going to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    In the words of the legendary Jim Kelly....."Man, you come right out of a comic book"

GH
    I guess I mean exploding Jing...The type of Ging you issue when you strike someone!!! Fa Jing!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I would ask, what type of ging are you looking to develop as there are many in Chinese Martial Arts and Wing Chun uses specific types?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    How do you Develop, Cultivate and strengthen the Ging, Jing, Geng???

What do you do? How do you train to amplify it and utilize it?
    There are many ways. It starts in the SLT. Drills and exercises.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    There are many ways. It starts in the SLT. Drills and exercises.
    thanks for sharing
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"