Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does WC work?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Augustine Fong participated in chi sau competition!!!

Do you believe his Wing Chun is stupid?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Participated? No. he has been asked to judge/referee in several tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Participated? No. he has been asked to judge/referee in several tournaments.
    my computer at home wont show youtube videos...i believe this is it...it could be the wrong video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ui6rj58DA0

is he not doing a competition here?

ne way...if he felt negative against chi sau competitons why be a judge?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

I see lots of competition and pat a cake, but haven't seen any chi sao yet. The SENI event was a joke and hasn't been repeated in recent years. Chi sau is a learning environment not competition, if people want to compete then they should just fight.
    Looking at the clip of AF it would seem to be a demo not a competition so I don't believe that it's relevant.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

my computer at home wont show youtube videos...i believe this is it...it could be the wrong video....

is he not doing a competition here . . .
    That's clearly a demo and not a comp.
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 11-01-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    That's cleary a demo and not a comp.
    Its pre arranged demo, he does the same set piece demo in another clip I have seen...

That's cleary a demo and not a comp.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Its pre arranged demo, he does the same set piece demo in another clip I have seen...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pre- arranged? Decidedly no.
    But is a demo- and not fighting. Illustrates timing, positioning and structural control and controlled power.

ne way...if he felt negative against chi sau competitons why be a judge?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He was invited by a national kung fu tournament to demonstrate eing chun chi sao.

As far as judging- he does not put on chi sao tournaments.He gets asked to be a judge.
    A knowledgeable judge is better than the other alternative.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pre- arranged? Decidedly no.
    But is a demo- and not fighting. Illustrates timing, positioning and structural control and controlled power.
    He does exactly the same sequence in the other clip, if I can find it I will post both so you can see....I'm only saying, I know its a demo.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    He does exactly the same sequence in the other clip, if I can find it I will post both so you can see....I'm only saying, I know its a demo.
    Whatever. It would be good to see you do a comparable demo.

Hey Joy, with no disrespect to any WSL people but it's obvious that on this forum if you don't do WSL WC you don't know diddly. That's a really sad thought since WSL as well as my own Sifu and others had seniors way before they started WC. Who knows what they were taught?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Hey Joy, with no disrespect to any WSL people but it's obvious that on this forum if you don't do WSL WC you don't know diddly. That's a really sad thought since WSL as well as my own Sifu and others had seniors way before they started WC. Who knows what they were taught?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Phil. I have rolled with WSL twice during his US visit (in San Francisco and Houston).And have attended a seminar of his in San Francisco. of course I respect him as a good senior member of IM's first HK generation of students.. But you don't find Peterson. Lam. Au, WSL's ex b rother in law and others , WSL's HK proteges being uncivil and dogmatic as two guys who did not learn from WSL but latched on to PB after visits and after wandering around.

As for the forum it's not a place to find authenticity or good analysis- and with some of the frequent posters- it's just noise. So two PB students and one person of unknown wc background
    cannot speak for wc.

Sometimes one can pick up some unintended insight- but mostly I ignore the noise. KFO is not the nexus of the wing chun world. It's mostly jabberwocky.

joy chaudhuri

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Phil. I have rolled with WSL twice during his US visit (in San Francisco and Houston).And have attended a seminar of his in San Francisco. of course I respect him as a good senior member of IM's first HK generation of students.. But you don't find Peterson. Lam. Au, WSL's ex b rother in law and others , WSL's HK proteges being uncivil and dogmatic as two guys who did not learn from WSL but latched on to PB after visits and after wandering around.

As for the forum it's not a place to find authenticity or good analysis- and with some of the frequent posters- it's just noise. So two PB students and one person of unknown wc background
    cannot speak for wc.

Sometimes one can pick up some unintended insight- but mostly I ignore the noise. KFO is not the nexus of the wing chun world. It's mostly jabberwocky.

joy chaudhuri
    Thanks for the insight. I learned something from your post.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

One of the many reasons I don't post in this forum as much.
    But I am afraid to say that it is NOT just symptomatic to the WC forum.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Thanks for the video link ... however the video title clearly said "Wing Chun - The Ultimate Demonstration," not competition.