Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons why Kung Fu will be endlessly debated

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    TCMA does not deal with the reality of ground fighting. What "some" have posted as "evidence" is flimsy speculation on things they have never done. You have to know something before you can comment on it in a knowledgeable manner. (ground) TCMA presents a bland overview of techniques that do not delve into deeper work in that sector. My opinion and it will stay the same unless someone can present me with "hard" evidence to counter. It's not a bash on TCMA, most of the stand up is great, it has many priceless contributions in the MA world.

Boxing doesn't have ground work. You don't see all these boxers getting all bent out of shape when they are told they don't. They agree.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    TCMA does not deal with the reality of ground fighting. What "some" have posted as "evidence" is flimsy speculation on things they have never done. You have to know something before you can comment on it in a knowledgeable manner.
    Interesting, as this concept never stopped the MMA-ists from cluelessly criticising the TCMAs and suggesting improvements. LOL!

(ground) TCMA presents a bland overview of techniques that do not delve into deeper work in that sector. My opinion and it will stay the same unless someone can present me with "hard" evidence to counter.
    Your "opinion" is just another among dozens of opinions of people in this forum who do not practice the TCMAs. IT will only carry weight when you decide to actually decide to practice authentic TCMAs for some years.

It's not a bash on TCMA, most of the stand up is great, it has many priceless contributions in the MA world.
    I would suggest that one of those contributions is the ability to stay on your feet when someone tries to take you down.

Boxing doesn't have ground work. You don't see all these boxers getting all bent out of shape when they are told they don't. They agree.
    So you do not see the difference between a methodology such as boxing and the hundreds of styles of many times profound TCMAs? I rest my case....LOL!

Blog Entries
    When a

- BJJ guy tells a boxer that boxing doesn't have ground game, that boxer has so much shame, he gets a rope, finds a quite place, and hangs himself.

- Boxer tells a BJJ guy that BJJ doesn't have hook punch, that BJJ guy has so much shame, he finds a quite place, stands in front of a tree, smashes his head, and cracks his skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Lately I have been thinking alot about why the debates and aruments regarding Kung Fu happen and thought I would put them to writing
    1) Discussing actual kung fu technique takes work.

2) LKFMDC left, and why should YKW do all that work by himself?

That's the truth. The discussion of actual technique has been nothing, everyone is debating this crap. 99% of which is guys who talk a lot about principles of kung fu, and only a tiny amount about techniques. You couldn't fill a pamphlet with the principles of any system, all the old kung fu manuals are about techniques based around principles, but about techniques, yet somehow kung fu is this nebulous practice that teaches general motions, not specific techniques.

A few months of technical discussion between a few people showed me to be right, but we've reverted to a useless paradigm where technical discussion of kung fu isn't happening, but ten year old debates whose only cure is technical discussion of kung fu, but no discussion.

Muay thai guys don't fight and then learn their system, they learn their system and when they're ready within the context of the system, they fight. Same with bjj, mma, kickboxing. Only people slagging on kung fu recommend otherwise, and some kung fu people listen, and of course, that doesn't go well, because if you don't train for the venue, you will be at a disadvantage.

The problem with pretty much all the kung fu fights online where the kung fu guy gets creamed, is the kung fu guy literally does nothing relevant to the fight, because they did not train to read another person pre-contact, post-contact, period. The solution isn't "enter the ring", the solution is train as if you are, then enter the ring if you so choose. The whole paradigm here now is the opposite, and it's useless. I don't care what a person's fight history is, if we're discussing kung fu, and they don't reference anything more than a principle as what they use from the system, that's not a system of kung fu, that's an idea kung fu gave you. That's what's being espoused here now, and it's effectively death to kung fu. Without more technical knowledge, there will never be more fighters coming from these systems.

Bleck.

And that goes for the suggestion that some people just slag on tcma, and that in fact all those people are merely conveying well formed arguments based solely around fantasy and never are first and foremost generalizing their judgment to all tma. Um, no.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When a

- BJJ guy tells a boxer that boxing doesn't have ground game, that boxer has so much shame, he gets a rope, finds a quite place, and hangs himself.

- Boxer tells a BJJ guy that BJJ doesn't have hook punch, that BJJ guy has so much shame, he finds a quite place, stands in front of a tree, smashes his head, and cracks his skull.
    I hope what you say is true, because then hopefully soon there will be less of them posting in this forum.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I hope what you say is true, because then hopefully soon there will be less of them posting in this forum.
    That went right over your head lol.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    1) Discussing actual kung fu technique takes work.

2) LKFMDC left, and why should YKW do all that work by himself?

That's the truth. The discussion of actual technique has been nothing, everyone is debating this crap. 99% of which is guys who talk a lot about principles of kung fu, and only a tiny amount about techniques. You couldn't fill a pamphlet with the principles of any system, all the old kung fu manuals are about techniques based around principles, but about techniques, yet somehow kung fu is this nebulous practice that teaches general motions, not specific techniques.

A few months of technical discussion between a few people showed me to be right, but we've reverted to a useless paradigm where technical discussion of kung fu isn't happening, but ten year old debates whose only cure is technical discussion of kung fu, but no discussion.

Muay thai guys don't fight and then learn their system, they learn their system and when they're ready within the context of the system, they fight. Same with bjj, mma, kickboxing. Only people slagging on kung fu recommend otherwise, and some kung fu people listen, and of course, that doesn't go well, because if you don't train for the venue, you will be at a disadvantage.

The problem with pretty much all the kung fu fights online where the kung fu guy gets creamed, is the kung fu guy literally does nothing relevant to the fight, because they did not train to read another person pre-contact, post-contact, period. The solution isn't "enter the ring", the solution is train as if you are, then enter the ring if you so choose. The whole paradigm here now is the opposite, and it's useless. I don't care what a person's fight history is, if we're discussing kung fu, and they don't reference anything more than a principle as what they use from the system, that's not a system of kung fu, that's an idea kung fu gave you. That's what's being espoused here now, and it's effectively death to kung fu. Without more technical knowledge, there will never be more fighters coming from these systems.

Bleck.

And that goes for the suggestion that some people just slag on tcma, and that in fact all those people are merely conveying well formed arguments based solely around fantasy and never are first and foremost generalizing their judgment to all tma. Um, no.
    The funny thing is when I do try and talk about techniques specifically often it is ignored or reverts back to Kung Fu vs. Sport crap debate. (That or of course I am not a "true" Kung Fu guy). Hell, there was a breakdown of technique in this thread. But honestly man I believe people come here anymore to simply spew their crap and argue. For every knowledgable poster of TCMA like David Ross and John Wang you have fifteen idiots who want to argue with them or others about how they don't know some secret technique or how they are MMAist or other such drivel.

This was one of the main reasons I stopped posting here for a while and got fed up with the forum. Although maybe a little overdramatic, I also understand why Ross banned himself!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    I also understand why Ross banned himself.
    He banned himself, because the forum has become a glittering jewel of mediocrity!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    He banned himself, because the forum has become a glittering jewel of mediocrity!
    I disagree. I feel he banned himself because he took his ball and left the sandbox.
    Pure ego and purely not being able to use the forum as his personal toilet anymore.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I disagree. I feel he banned himself because he took his ball and left the sandbox.
    Pure ego and purely not being able to use the forum as his personal toilet anymore.
    I find it kind of suspect as Mr Ross chose to ban himself shorty after Ray Pina challenged him. No one else noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    This coming from the Forum's new Pea**** who proudly created the mediocrity by over moderating this section and then breaks the rules he enforces here in other sections of the Board!

But Dave is the two year old!

You could be right, you know.

I seem to also remember that Ray Pina was proposing to touch hands with him - I assume in a friendly manner - but this may have also ruffled Ross's feathers and encouraged him to ban himself to "diffuse" the situation and avoid a possibly embarassing situation. Who knows......

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    I find it kind of suspect as Mr Ross chose to ban himself shorty after Ray Pina challenged him. No one else noticed this?
    LOL, I think we were referring to this and writing our posts more or less at the same time.

This coming from the Forum's new Pea**** who proudly created the mediocrity by over moderating this section and then breaks the rules he enforces here in other sections of the Board!

But Dave is the two year old!
    Couldn't resist throwing a barb eh Scott?
    Whatever

You have a lot of tantrums, so I don't think you're the one to be dolling out advice or chastisement. At all.

Truth is, if you think meat heads bashing kungfu day in and day out is better than a slight ebb in the tide of useless posting, then perhaps you are participating in the wrong discussion group?

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. You say it all wrong sometimes and just increase animosity towards you in the same way as anyone else who degrades into insults and meaningless barbs for the sake of it.

Thank goodness you aren't a moderator, because you aren't moderate and you seem to think it's ok to bow and bend to asinine behaviours based on internet relationships?

yeah, you can take that outside. But I've explained this to you before, several times. Maybe you just have a problem with people in positions of authority no matter how minor, if it affords them any perceived modicum of power over you, whoop! Panties in bunch ON!

you gotta chill a bit more. it really affects your liver. Try and separate your trolling from your seriousness and while you're at it, get a grip man.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Couldn't resist throwing a barb eh Scott?
    Whatever

You have a lot of tantrums, so I don't think you're the one to be dolling out advice or chastisement. At all.

Truth is, if you think meat heads bashing kungfu day in and day out is better than a slight ebb in the tide of useless posting, then perhaps you are participating in the wrong discussion group?

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. You say it all wrong sometimes and just increase animosity towards you in the same way as anyone else who degrades into insults and meaningless barbs for the sake of it.

Thank goodness you aren't a moderator, because you aren't moderate and you seem to think it's ok to bow and bend to asinine behaviours based on internet relationships?

yeah, you can take that outside. But I've explained this to you before, several times. Maybe you just have a problem with people in positions of authority no matter how minor, if it affords them any perceived modicum of power over you, whoop! Panties in bunch ON!

you gotta chill a bit more. it really affects your liver. Try and separate your trolling from your seriousness and while you're at it, get a grip man.
    You need it once in awhile David because you have an inflated opinion of yourself that's does not coincide with your demonstrated maturity.

You cry about my dig to you, but ignore your own dig just now to David Ross! Who is generally not present any longer to defend himself. You cannot seem to recognize your own repeated hypocrisy!

I have tried to educate you on appropriate behavior for one with the kind of authority you now have, yet you contiue to over react, behave hypocrtically, and strut yourself around like an insecure little man trying to validate his self worth.

At least I dig you to your face like a stand up guy and take what you have to dish back, regardless of how inadequate your retorts are!

Act appropriate to your position of authority and I will be happy to leave you alone. Until then try to recognize I have left you and your little fiefdom alone for months for you to run inappropriately. So there is no need for you to act like a two year old when you get a very occasional yet well deserved reprimand from an adult.