Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why Kung Fu will be endlessly debated

This is a forum

A forum is an assembly place for the discussion of questions of public interest. Debates should be encouraged. It's the rudeness that's annoying. That being said, I enjoy some good smack talk as much as the next guy - perhaps it's a martial thing. The only problem is that some people are too thin-skinned when it comes to chides, and others are again, too rude.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Once upon a time, there lived six blind men in a village.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    You need it once in awhile David because you have an inflated opinion of yourself that's does not coincide with your demonstrated maturity.

You cry about my dig to you, but ignore your own dig just now to David Ross! Who is generally not present any longer to defend himself. You cannot seem to recognize your own repeated hypocrisy!

I have tried to educate you on appropriate behavior for one with the kind of authority you now have, yet you contiue to over react, behave hypocrtically, and strut yourself around like an insecure little man trying to validate his self worth.

At least I dig you to your face like a stand up guy and take what you have to dish back, regardless of how inadequate your retorts are!

Act appropriate to your position of authority and I will be happy to leave you alone. Until then try to recognize I have left you and your little fiefdom alone for months for you to run inappropriately. So there is no need for you to act like a two year old when you get a very occasional yet well deserved reprimand from an adult.
    Scott, you don't know me, don't presume to.
    You seem to want to be seen as someone with authoritativeness, I simply can't get there because you slide into these ridiculous diatribes about how you seem to think people should act ad what they should say etc.

I go by the Ts&Cs and the correction I'll take is from the owners of this site.
    Not you, or anyone else on it.

Ross has stepped over the line, tried bullying, tried ridiculing others with less than adept photoshop nonsense and badgers folk off this site and so on. So, yeah, he can stay banned as far as I'm concerned and if I never have to read his rants again it won't be too soon.

You see Scott, I am my own person and I know where I am, what I'm doing, what's acceptable and what's not. Unlike yourself who seems to think it's ok to try and push your opinion onto others and complain and moan about someone who is merely clearing out the clutter. Which you did immediately.

So, Scott, no, you may not educate me, no you may not advise me, no you may not be my friend on facebook and no I will not put up with yours or anybody esle crap. So keep it to yourself and carry on.

We will not see eye to eye on this. It's that simple. I'm a human too and have a low tolerance for manipulative blowhards.

Go educate yourself if you wanna educate someone.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lkfmdc is no longer banned

lkfmdc requested to be banned for a month. I honored that. Why wouldn't I? That month expired a few days ago. He can start posting again whenever he pleases.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Oh good, soon we'll have a choir that can sing about what an ass hole I am! lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Tantrum, Whine, Cry!!

Try acting with a little dignity and recognize you are crtical of me for doing EXACTLY what you just did to David Ross! You don't want a dig? Don't dig others. You want to be treated with respect? Respect others!

I know you by your REPEATED behavior over the past five or ten years! You should know by now I WAY outclass you in the retort department. You cannot compete unless I ALLOW you a handicap.

If you recall I criticized you, years ago, to the point you threw a huge fit here on the forum and ever since then I keft you alone and treated with more equanimity!

That is, until you entered you Peac0ck phase of childhood!

Here......let me teach you something else and something I have tried to help others here learn when dealing with someone you think is a troll or is generally behaving in a way that is upsetting to you......

.....don't get me wrong though, this I not upsetting to me, I am just teaching you here through example!

Watch carefully now cuz this is VERY subtle........

BTW in order to demonstrate this properly it would be benefical if you posted just one more inadequate retort. If you feel you need to post more than one that will be fine too, but it will take at least one more to make my demonstration more evident!

Thank you ahead of time!

Okay, here goes........

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    lkfmdc requested to be banned for a month. I honored that. Why wouldn't I? That month expired a few days ago. He can start posting again whenever he pleases.
    I don't think we will see Dave around much, if at all.
    As much as Dave liked to troll the silly people of this forum, that simpel fact is that Dave brought a perspective to this forum that is very lacking.
    That people don't see that shows that they see what they WANT to see.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I find it funny that he's not even around and people still talk about him. He banned himself, which is kinda funny considering. let it go. I enjoyed his insights on things, he was abrasive but only to those whom were abrasive to him most times. it's the internet people, loosen up and enjoy.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I don't think we will see Dave around much, if at all.
    As much as Dave liked to troll the silly people of this forum, that simpel fact is that Dave brought a perspective to this forum that is very lacking.
    That people don't see that shows that they see what they WANT to see.
    Scott, lol. whatever, carry on.

SR- I've been chatting with Dave for longer than a decade. We don't get along and he can't seem to gather up any olive branches even when offered.

So, he can stay away for all I care. Anyone that wants to chat him up can find him.
    I see exactly what Dave is about after all these years. I find it as lacking as he finds me.

so what?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I have an opinion.

I have an opinion about your opinion.

I have an opinion concerning your opinion about my opinion and furthermore the way you argue your opinions; I have an opinion about that too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmA2...layer_embedded

Scott, lol. whatever, carry on
    Scott is very upset with you, because you needlessly threatened to ban me!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    If you recall I criticized you, years ago, to the point you threw a huge fit here on the forum and ever since then I keft you alone and treated with more equanimity!

Go for it!
    I am pretty sure you got it backwards there Scotty. If you look through the archive, I think I originally belittled you for this type of blowhard authority crap you like to push around because you're old and feel like you have wisdom that we should accept carte blanche.

anyway, carry on, I know what time it is with you.

P.S you are above nobody, you are below the sky.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

So, he can stay away for all I care. Anyone that wants to chat him up can find him.
    I see exactly what Dave is about after all these years. I find it as lacking as he finds me.

so what?
    Well, unlike you, Ross will be remembered eternally as the "kung fu" hero with one of the quickest Sanda knockouts in the history of mankind!

Are you jealous, yet?
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 10-27-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Scott is very upset with you, because you needlessly threatened to ban me!
    Needlessly? I asked you to stop with the old behaviours of calling everyone who didn't share your view a "clueless idiot". that's all.

I don't think there is a big deal about your posts otherwise since your return.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Speak to it and move on. It might take one or two goes, but eventually you will either get over the hump or abandon that route for something more navigable.

that's life man.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I would like to thank the academy for this award, first and foremost.

You see, when I started this thread all that time ago (nearly 48 hours) I set out to prove that we as a forum could look past our differences and come together as one strong, proud voice of togetherness. No matter if you were a LARPer, Tap Out Douche, Stroker of Long Poles, Bearer of Long Poles, if you fought on the Lei Tai or swung a Quan Do around in the parking lot of Wal Mart.

I say this to you now, join me in the good fight as the "man" tries to turn us against one another. We can rise above this and defeat him in his conquest.

They May Take Our Forms, But They Will Never Take...........Our Fairies!!!

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

yaaayy!

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.