Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why Kung Fu will be endlessly debated

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Scott, lol. whatever, carry on.

SR- I've been chatting with Dave for longer than a decade. We don't get along and he can't seem to gather up any olive branches even when offered.

So, he can stay away for all I care. Anyone that wants to chat him up can find him.
    I see exactly what Dave is about after all these years. I find it as lacking as he finds me.

so what?
    Is that a retorical question? LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Is that a retorical question? LOL !
    lol, nope, just a point that there are far better sources on sportive combatives and integrated martial arts than the cold leftovers he offers so much.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Needlessly? I asked you to stop with the old behaviours of calling everyone who didn't share your view a "clueless idiot". that's all.
    Where did I call everyone who did not share my opinions, "clueless idiots"?

I don't think there is a big deal about your posts otherwise since your return.
    Actually there is a lot for people who have not practiced the TCMAs completly to learn from. Such as the fact that the TCMAs do address the ground fighting scenario and that the Internals are valid and effective methodologies.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Speak to it and move on. It might take one or two goes, but eventually you will either get over the hump or abandon that route for something more navigable.
    I really don't know what you are talking about here.

I have a great life; a great wife and plenty of humping, if you know what I mean.

that's life man.
    And life is GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    or swung a Quan Do around in the parking lot of Wal Mart.
    It was a Target actually.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    It was a Target actually.
    It's cooler when you pronounce it with the french silent T at the end.
    Like Targét...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

american kung fu is a form of psychosis.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    participating willfully in violence is a psychosis.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

So is being Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    1) Discussing actual kung fu technique takes work.
    The discussion of actual technique has been nothing, everyone is debating this crap. 99% of which is guys who talk a lot about principles of kung fu, and only a tiny amount about techniques. You couldn't fill a pamphlet with the principles of any system, all the old kung fu manuals are about techniques based around principles, but about techniques, yet somehow kung fu is this nebulous practice that teaches general motions, not specific techniques.

A few months of technical discussion between a few people showed me to be right, but we've reverted to a useless paradigm where technical discussion of kung fu isn't happening, but ten year old debates whose only cure is technical discussion of kung fu, but no discussion..
    exactly - case in point: I interrupted a ridiculous flame war on the thread about standing on the taiji forum bec u had this guy Robinhood spewing drivel about how no one understood true internal blah blah blah without offering a shred of substance to back up his broad useless statements; of course, when i dismembered his comments, he naturally stated that my speaking in specifics was long-winded and proved how I knew nothing about internals; so I asked him to answer some very specific questions about standing practice, which, of course, he couldn't, and so he promptly disappeared; subsequent to that, I posted several times regarding specific details of standing practice from a variety of viewpoints, with the goal to stimulate discussion; the outcome? so far, the sound of chirping crickets has been resounding...

why is that? simple: it's easier to flame (and lord knows, I luv a gud flame war) than to speak dispassionately about something on a technical level for a sustained period of time, bec it takes discipline of argument to stay on point and reason through things when u hav an emotional attachment to certain viewpoints; if u want to hav a productive discussion, u need to depersonalize and speak to salient facts in a measured way; otherwise, it's futile

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    So is being Chinese.
    i am the only sane man in the world.

*rubs testicles

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

i am the only sane man in the world.

*rubs testicles
    That is the most awesome statement ever. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    1) The discussion of actual technique has been nothing, everyone is debating this crap. 99% of which is guys who talk a lot about principles of kung fu, and only a tiny amount about techniques.
    +1

Kungfu wasteland.

The real technique discussions are very short lived and underappreciated here.

People complain about secrets, then when the secrets are revealed and given away for free...

Nothing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    +1

Kungfu wasteland.

The real technique discussions are very short lived and underappreciated here.

People complain about secrets, then when the secrets are revealed and given away for free...

Nothing.
    It's not fun to discuss "principle" either. When people talk about

- internal power,
    - internal structure,
    - internature connection,
    - snake engine,
    - 6DFV,
    - core engine,

It's just too abstract to have any meaningful discussion.

If we discuss "how to counter a hook punch" by dodging your head under the hook, we can then continue the discussion that if you don't put your hand on the elbow of your opponent's punching arm, your opponent may give you an elbow strike on your head, or a reverse head lock (guillotine) on your neck. When a beginner sees this information online, he may put his hand on his opponent's elbow next time he dodges a hook punch. A small piece information can help someone to improve his combat skill. That's the difference between "principle" discussion and "technique" discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When a beginner sees this information online, he may put his hand on his opponent's elbow next time he dodges a hook punch. A small piece information can help someone to improve his combat skill. That's the difference between "principle" discussion and "technique" discussion.
    That's why teachers tell their students to shut up and just practice.

A punch in the face sometimes is more educational than 20 pages of translations and theories.
    Last edited by -N-; 10-27-2011 at 10:06 PM.