Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung fu bashers only have our interest at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    With great personal sacrifice they come to this forum with a message to deliver--kung fu sucks and we have come to awaken you from your delusional fog.

Thank god for those brave souls who take the time to tell us how lame we are and how great they truly are because they practice <insert martial flavor of the week>.

What would we do without them?

EO
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Internet forums bring out the attention seekers. Kung fu is not the direct reason. Check out internet forums on dogs, and even speed chess- you will get similar jabberwocky.

joy chaudhuri

The way past the mentality of x vs y is to participate in both and understand they are not "vs" at all but complimentary skill sets that strengthen each other.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

See, I did not misread Sifu Patterson. It is all there, and of course, and as always, ground fighting is still part of the traditional curriculum of the Mainland Chinese lineage of Wing Chun which I study.
    I think you are SELECTIVELY reading what you want t because he also said:
    Perhaps I was fortunate to have open minded and knowledgeable teachers who encouraged me to explore other disciplines via "crossing arms" (this is what we said in those days) and to bring back any questions or dilemnas I had. There was always an answer waiting.
    I think it always has MUCH to do with the teacher/environment. I also think it has to do with the individual.

Master Hsu had many, many accomplished friends from different disciplines. They used to drop by the school all the time to show us "their style's way" of doing things. This always prompted MANY questions in us regarding the whys and wherefores of our respective differences of technical persuasion and tactic.

I was fortunate.... no doubt about it.. to have open minded teachers that did not shun others that were different as being "wrong" but only as different.
    I have had numerous discussions with practitioners/teachers that tell me that they feel that they are able to fight and fight well. Oftentimes, by asking just a few quick questions... Do you spar in your school? What are the rules if any? Do you engage with outsiders at all? Do you go to other schools/venues to play with unknowns in contact environments? What are the rules, if any?..... tells me where their respective heads are. It is amazing to me how many practitioners keep their metaphorical heads in the sand but yet profess that "they know" what they do is real and effective.
    Yes. This is how were were in those days, how it was in my teacher's school when I trained and how I still am today.

We always welcomed outsiders to come by and train with us, fight with us, or do whatever they wanted to do at their comfort zone with us to invest in the learning process.

We have always been game to do such things. This is what I find sorely lacking in many schools in this country today (and not only kung fu schools), and have mentioned consistently since my beginning post in the first thread.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

My message is not that Kung Fu sucks. It's that self-proclaimed masters with no real combat experience suck... and that they talk out of their arse for personal financial or ego rewards.... and then they spawn kook students.

Also, these people are quick to play up how calm and emotionally balanced they are compared to competitive sport types but the best answer to every situation is to remove someone's eye, cripple them or knock them dead with one fatal, precisely aimed shot

TCMA is fine..... it's the delusional douche bags that train it that's the problem. They don't train real resistance, they don't go out to compete in open grappling or striking forums, have produced no notable champions anywhere .... and yet are the most opinionated. Even providing detailed instruction regarding their methods' superiority.

It's hilarious. Good entertainment.

kung fu is like chairman mao. 70% right, 30% wrong.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    kung fu is like chairman mao. 70% right, 30% wrong.
    60% of the time, bawang is right all the time.

why oh why does this never end... yes, I contribute to it - but in all it doesn't matter.

Here's some big secrets. Get strong, get tough - exercise, do some cardio, work on flexibility... get into a couple of fights. Spar. Take a BJJ class, supplement with Judo or Shuai Jiao. Fight some more. Get it out of your system. Take a chill pill, and then get back to TCMA if that matters to you. If not - quit. In the immortal words of Hank Williams the Third when referring to some people's bias against his style of country... "If you don't like ****** Tonk music, then go - F_CK You"

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    60% of the time, bawang is right all the time.
    He's also illegal in 9 countries and smells like pure gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    He's also illegal in 9 countries and smells like pure gasoline.
    Is there anything more awesome than Anchorman references?
    I think not !!
    Why?
    Cause I killed a man with a trident !

You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Is there anything more awesome than Anchorman references?
    I think not !!
    Why?
    Cause I killed a man with a trident !
    ****, wenshu beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.
    I love lamp.

Oh I'm sorry Sanjuru. I think I ate your chocolate squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I love lamp.
    Ah yes, back when Steve Carell was actually funny.