Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combat SJ Jackets...?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

Combat SJ Jackets...?

anyone here buy one of these? It's on David Lin's site. How do you like it?
    He claims it is made out of an extremely durable fabric.
    My question is, is it cut like a standard SJ jacket? On the standard jackets, when you wear it a bit smaller and tighter fitting,to make it harder for those to grab, etc, it also does not fully close, giving it that classic SJ look.
    Or is it a regular GI top out of ripstop fabric?
    I looked at his site, and you can't tell from the pictures.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I have one.
    Love it.
    It is more fitted then a STD Gi and the sleeves go to the elbows.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I have one and I also love it. It is durable. I got thrown by Sifu Omar (David Lin's student) recently. I was not expecting to cross hands at the time so I had a t-shirt on under my jacket. The t-shirt tore almost in half. Jacket, pristine.

The black is a good look.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XinKuzi View Post
    I have one and I also love it. It is durable. I got thrown by Sifu Omar (David Lin's student) recently. I was not expecting to cross hands at the time so I had a t-shirt on under my jacket. The t-shirt tore almost in half. Jacket, pristine.

The black is a good look.
    You are not suppose to have T-shirt inside your SC jacket. In ancient time, only girls did that.

I have heard that since Omar started SC competation, he hasn't lose even one round - a perfect record.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    what kind of material is it?
    I like the black-I was going to try to dye my white one.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    The same material as the US soldier camoflush uniform material. If you use knife to stab a hole throught it, you still cannot wrip it apart.

The original SC jacket was camoflush color. I suggested David C. K. Lin to change it into black.

http://youtu.be/aMARV6UXBF8
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-27-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    anyone here buy one of these? It's on David Lin's site. How do you like it?
    He claims it is made out of an extremely durable fabric.
    My question is, is it cut like a standard SJ jacket? On the standard jackets, when you wear it a bit smaller and tighter fitting,to make it harder for those to grab, etc, it also does not fully close, giving it that classic SJ look.
    Or is it a regular GI top out of ripstop fabric?
    I looked at his site, and you can't tell from the pictures.
    TT, do you have a link to his site? I have been looking for a SJ jacket myself.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Check out these. They are quality jackets and cheaper than the $100+ I have seen others sell them.

http://shuaijiao.net/Store/

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Check out these. They are quality jackets and cheaper than the $100+ I have seen others sell them.

Thank you!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post

How thick are these? Do they hold up well with a lot tearing drills? I sell mine for $135 but they are pretty thick and I guarrentee they will not tear (well, they should not tear for most peeps).

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    You are not suppose to have T-shirt inside your SC jacket. In ancient time, only girls did that.
    Pics or it never happened

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    http://www.combatshuaichiao.com/merchandise.html

both jackets are great -

the black ones are cut like a short sleeve karate uniform -very strong but the feel of tough t-shirt.

the ones at ShuaiJiao.net are from Taiwan, the same ones used by the police college

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post

I have heard that since Omar started SC competation, he hasn't lose even one round - a perfect record.
    Haha, yeah, bad move on my part. I'd been sick for a week and was still running a fever, had the chills... I was layered up a bit before competition to stay warm. I wasn't expecting to play beforehand, but Sifu Omar grabbed me and that was that (riiiip).

I'm not surprised about Sifu Omar's record. Following in Mr. Lin's footsteps (or, foot-sweeps?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XinKuzi View Post
    I'm not surprised about Sifu Omar's record. Following in Mr. Lin's footsteps (or, foot-sweeps?)
    David C. K. Lin told me that he had told Omar that Omar is not allowed to lose even one round during his SC tournament era. That's a very serious assignment as long as Omar keeps competating in SC tournaments.

I had required one of my old students to do the same. later on, he told me that I had expected too much out of him, and he could not handle that much responsibility. He finally became a Judoka and left the SC community.

Any superstar in the field is hard to find and even harder to keep.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-28-2011 at 12:06 PM.