Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Defining "Internal"

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Your just like a kid in a school yard that just keeps mocking people "I know you are, but what am I",

It would not do any good to try explain this to you, it would be like trying to talk to someone in a language they don't understand.

Have your teacher, teach you some internal application, then we can have something real to discuss.
    you know, I've tried to help you - I REALLY have - it just makes me sad to see u carry on this way - it's like, well, I was waking down the street just a bit after reading your last post, and i saw this, and it reminded me of you, so I took this picture, I thought, maybe it would help you understand how I and everyone else on here sees you:

do you understand? do you get it at all? somehow I doubt that you do; probably not - in fact, I am guessing that instead, this is more the way you envisage yourself:

I hope this helps you understand things a bit more clearly - I mean, I really want to help you, but even the Buddha can't get you enlightened all alone, you have to take at least the first step...

Robinhood explains "internal" to the KFMF:

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    It would not do any good to try explain this to you, it would be like trying to talk to someone in a language they don't understand.

Just because no one understands you...doesn't mean that you are making any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by spiralstair View Post
    Ghost in the Machine

Yeah, I don't disagree.
    Could be just the word biomechanics that has a machine-like ring to it...purely semantics.
    My point is that in cases above, and also found in some descriptions of IMA, it's more 'ghost' and less 'machine'.
    Though they're not going anywhere without each other...
    point well taken - yes, "traditionally", biomechanics brings up images of this sort of thing:

however, that is just one aspect; for example, we can also consider it in regards to something like this

the point is that if one looks at mechanics in a classical Newtonian model, sure, u can't blame them for saying there's more to it than that; which is why u have a concept like tensegrity, which allows for a level of biomechanical discussion well beyond...

Robinhood, I am going to say this one time and only one time.

Chill out with the insults. Seriously, stop engaging people in this kind of brow beating behavior. You engaged it and Scott came in to defend him. Just drop this e-***** measuring contest.

If their views on internal is different than yours, then so be it. You don't have to say "Your internal sucks" or "you don't know internal."

Instead, a more constructive, less condescending approach would be "The way I was taught it was [Insert knowledge here]" while ignoring their views. Do not quote them then say "No you don't know internal, because my instructor knows it and this is how it really is." If someone asks a question, answer THEIR question without insulting them or another forum member. If someone asks a question and another poster posts their views on internal, go back to the person asking the question and give them your views an opinions.

You are clearly an adult. Act like it.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 11-05-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    I have a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT View Post
    Robinhood, I am going to say this one time and only one time.

Chill out with the insults. Seriously, stop engaging people in this kind of brow beating behavior. You engaged it and Scott came in to defend him. Just drop this e-***** measuring contest.

If their views on internal is different than yours, then so be it. You don't have to say "Your internal sucks" or "you don't know internal."

Instead, a more constructive, less condescending approach would be "The way I was taught it was [Insert knowledge here]" while ignoring their views. Do not quote them then say "No you don't know internal, because my instructor knows it and this is how it really is." If someone asks a question, answer THEIR question without insulting them or another forum member. If someone asks a question and another poster posts their views on internal, go back to the person asking the question and give them your views an opinions.

You are clearly an adult. Act like it.
    thank you for trying to put this into perspective for RH - he seems to have sum difficulty w impulse control, and does not seem to understand that when participating in a public forum, certain social skills need must b employed; again, I don't mind if he disagrees w sum or all of what I say - he can dismiss it entirely; but for him to just keep jumping in w "you know nothing about internal" is just, wel, just DULL - I mean, it SEEMS like the guy just can't help himself, so hopefully ur post will get him to realize his behavior here is unproductive and unappreciated...

The state that resembles a middle finger.

wow that's a big a$$ squirrel or is it a squirrel? doesn't have the tail of one.
    reminds me of a guy that sits a couple cubes down from me at work. I call him the arm rest guy, he's so fat that his arms rest on his rolls.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post

wow that's a big a$$ squirrel or is it a squirrel? doesn't have the tail of one.
    reminds me of a guy that sits a couple cubes down from me at work. I call him the arm rest guy, he's so fat that his arms rest on his rolls.
    Hey! Have some respect for the Ho Tai of the rodent world!

He is a Bodhisattva bringing enlightenment to the lesser sentient beings!

And apparently hogging all the acorns!