Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Defining "Internal"

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Is that hard or soft kungfu ?
    The difference is in how you feel when you're doing it.

Arrow

We all missed it, because he can't explain internal using his definition of bio mechanics, for two reasons, first he does not know what internal is, so how can he explain something he knows nothing about or thinks does not excist.

And second if he could do it or knew what it was, he would not be trying to say that it was not real.

It always amazes me that people can comment on experiences they have not had, its probably because someone else taught them that also did not have experience, and the myth continues.
    LOL - finally RH sucums to the urge to whip out his worn out old saw of "u don't know internal" - we cud tell he was chomping at the bit ever since Philbert closed the last thread; I'm surprised he was able to keep it in his pants this long

I'm complaining to Gene - KFM REALLY needs to improve its screening procedures for new troll applicants - they just don't have the same panache they used to have here

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    LOL - finally RH sucums to the urge to whip out his worn out old saw of "u don't know internal" - we cud tell he was chomping at the bit ever since Philbert closed the last thread; I'm surprised he was able to keep it in his pants this long

I'm complaining to Gene - KFM REALLY needs to improve its screening procedures for new troll applicants - they just don't have the same panache they used to have here
    It looks like you are the troll !, complaining about other people, grow up, and stop crying about everything!.

I'm going to tell Gene.

It looks like you are the troll !, complaining about other people, grow up, and stop crying about everything!.

I'm going to tell Gene.
    lol - RH needs new material; all he seems to b able to do is jump onto threads randomly stating how no one knows real internal, making pointed accusations without offering any substantiation for his comments, and when he is called on his TROLLING, he tries to flip it around and make it seem like he is the victim; pathetic...

Your posts show what you know about internal, your internal is not the same internal I am talking about, as per MA internals.

I am describing internal application as describe in books like Tai-Chi Classics, you are talking about a religion or something else.

In the bizarro world of KFM...

a troll is not a troll because he says someone else is:

nxt time I'll discuss some of those woefully innadequate biomechanics in regards to how to define parameters of so-caled "internal" practice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Did I miss this part? I'm looking forward to it, if I didn't...
    We all missed it, because he can't explain internal using his definition of bio mechanics, for two reasons, first he does not know what internal is, so how can he explain something he knows nothing about
    pretty straightforward, wouldn't one think? RH jumps into a conversation that has NOTHING to do with him, to spew his baseless statements that he can't even back up; seems like trolling 101, yes?

but wait! no - apparently I am the troll! what's more, evidently I cry about everything!!!
    curiouser and curiouser...

(LMAO - u can't get entertainment like this anywhere else...)

Your posts show what you know about internal, your internal is not the same internal I am talking about, as per MA internals.

I am describing internal application as describe in books like Tai-Chi Classics, you are talking about a religion or something else.
    not only is my internal not the internal he is talking about, but

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    It's just one little hand!

We all missed it, because he can't explain internal using his definition of bio mechanics, for two reasons, first he does not know what internal is, so how can he explain something he knows nothing about or thinks does not excist.

And second if he could do it or knew what it was, he would not be trying to say that it was not real.

It always amazes me that people can comment on experiences they have not had, its probably because someone else taught them that also did not have experience, and the myth continues.
    What makes you think someone doesn't know what internal is simply because their view on it differently than yours?

Doesn't internal arts teach about bettering oneself? If it does, then why are you so closed minded about other people's views on internal arts?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just like you are entitled to your opinion on him, but that does not mean you have to come on here and say "You don't know internal! I know internal!"

I have a signature.

Here is something to dwell about...

The term "Internal art" is less than a century old. It was created in the early 20th century to describe different forms of exercise.

You won't find a book pre-dating 1911 (I use this year as the basis because we are in 2011) that talks about "internal" arts. Sure you can find stuff about Taiji and Baguazhang and Xingyiquan pre-dating that, but they won't actually say "Xingyiquan is an internal art" in the material.

So why are people getting so wrapped up about centuries old martial art that wasn't classified as "internal" until less than a century ago?
    I have a signature.

Still waiting for you to address this, since you're so knowledgeable and all;

1) in regards to standing, have u achieved Macro Orbit? how about Micro Orbit? if u r so "internally" astute as u claim, u should at least have achieved that; if u hav, u shud b familiar with what is required to move the circulation beyond Jade Pillow - in what way did this occur for u?

2) considering the taiji posture called SIngle WHip: how is it relevant in terms of Taoist Alchemical (the root of so-called "internal") practice? what does it represent? how does it relate to general standing practice, and progress beyond it?

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT View Post
    What makes you think someone doesn't know what internal is simply because their view on it differently than yours?

Doesn't internal arts teach about bettering oneself? If it does, then why are you so closed minded about other people's views on internal arts?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just like you are entitled to your opinion on him, but that does not mean you have to come on here and say "You don't know internal! I know internal!"
    let me just state unequivocally, that if someone, anyone, wants to come and say "you don't know internal, and I can tell by what u post", that's fine - please show me specifically what it is about what I post that makes u so certain, and provide something substantive and specific to demonstrate where specifically I am in error; and hey, mayb provide some sort of evidence that supports ur own capacity to even make any statements about internal practice urself...

if OTOH, all u can do is say "u don't know it and I know it, just because", then what is the point of posting here at all? this is a discussion board - we are here to discuss - if u can't discuss, if u can only condemn, then there's really no point to ur presence...

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Still waiting for you to address this, since you're so knowledgeable and all;
    he won't; the reason is because

your internal is not the same internal I am talking about, as per MA internals.
    apparently, Micro / Macro Heavenly Circulation now has nothing to do w MA internals...

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT View Post
    Here is something to dwell about...

The term "Internal art" is less than a century old. It was created in the early 20th century to describe different forms of exercise.

You won't find a book pre-dating 1911 (I use this year as the basis because we are in 2011) that talks about "internal" arts. Sure you can find stuff about Taiji and Baguazhang and Xingyiquan pre-dating that, but they won't actually say "Xingyiquan is an internal art" in the material.

So why are people getting so wrapped up about centuries old martial art that wasn't classified as "internal" until less than a century ago?
    http://www.nardis.com/~twchan/henning.html

The earliest reference to Zhang Sanfeng as a boxing master is found in the Epitaph for Wang Zhengnan (1669), composed by Huang Zongxi (1610-1695 A.D. but, as I pointed out in my 1981 article, the real significance of this piece at the time lay not so much in its reference to boxing but in its anti-Manchu symbolism. The Epitaph is the first reference in the history of Chinese martial arts to describe boxing in terms of a Shaolin or "external" school versus an "internal" school of boxing, originated by the Taoist immortal from Mount Wudang, Zhang Sanfeng.[4] While the Epitaph accomplishes its intended purpose of eulogizing Wang Zhengnan, it conveys two additional messages as well, one reflecting trends in thought on boxing and the other political defiance.

TGY,
    The Lurker would like to read what you have to say about: nxt time I'll discuss some of those woefully innadequate biomechanics in regards to how to define parameters of so-caled "internal" practice...

I am a fan of biomechanics, and I also don't know "internal", so if you could humor me with some information I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, and by the way, the links in your signature are priceless. I've held forth very similar theories for years. Not being involved in the medical field, I've not had anything but anatomy books, accupuncture theory and my own guess work to go on.
    These articles aren't proof of any kind, but it's still good to know that I'm not alone in this belief.