View Poll Results: What should be done about the "MMA" posters who are posting on a Kung Fu forum.

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ban em all, let Gene Ching sort em out!

3 13.04%
  • I feel they contribute to the forum in a positive manner.

4 17.39%
  • I feel they should be monitored and reprimanded for constantly bashing the TCMA's.

3 13.04%
  • People need to get thicker skins and discuss in a civil manner without all the drama.

13 56.52%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll on "MMA" posters

Poll on "MMA" posters

What should be done about the "MMA" people on this forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With all the harping and complaining about the "MMA" posters on a Kung Fu forum, what should be done to them.

1. Ban em all, let Gene Ching sort em out!

2. I feel they contribute to the forum in a positive manner.

3. I feel they should be monitored and reprimanded for constantly bashing the TCMA's.

4. People need to get thicker skins and realize everyone has a difference in opinion and cut out the insults and simply discuss in a civil manner.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

People need thicker skins and live with it. That's what i say. I think it's important to challenge our views but in a respectful way. If someone gets annoying like that faxiapreta dude, then simple ignore them, they will go away. It is the internet and if you start taking things on here personally, then i wonder how you are in real life.

look at that, first one to the poll.

i suppose the easyiest choice would be for those of us who are accused of being MMA guys to simply stop posting here, that would slove a lot of problems

Maybe this site can require all members, before being allowed to post on here, to video themselves doing an authentic TCMA form so that a group of "chosen" ones here can pre-judge if we are in fact TCMA practioners or simply bonehead MMA guys coming here to stir more sh**it!!

We can call it their way of thinning the herd.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Oh no! I don't think I can remember any of the tcma forms I have learnt, my tcma back ground is not as indepth as some but, I have 3 yrs CLF, 2-3 hung gar/WC.

Since this is an internet forum, it is prone to drama*. I think people should learn to navigate through the bull**** and find the hidden gems of wisdom that frequently pop up here. Why get all riled up over what some e-d1ck that you'll never meet wrote? If you don't like it, ignore it - anything else is a waste of time and energy.

*the only drama-free MA board i've ever read was the now deceased truthmartialarts.org

MMA = a fun workout... boring as heck to watch on TV. Better than it was when it started though.

4. Is the correct one.

However, all things being equal, this is not an mma forum. That would be a couple down on the list. Right under wing chun where it says "mixed martial arts"

so all the ball clapping and posing that needs to be done can be done there.

decent discussion is welcomed, bashing and contrariness is closed, deleted and banned in the short run.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I said they contribute in a positive manner. At the moment I'm the only one but here is why I say that. there are the haters then the guys that are talking martial. There are silly kungfu guys too. Out of the mma guys there are guys that simply push the boundaries of some peoples perceptions. Boundaries that sometimes need stretching.in short, there is more than one kind of mma ptactitioner
    Last edited by Lucas; 11-04-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I said they contribute in a positive manner. At the moment I'm the only one but here is why I say that. there are the haters then the guys that are talking martial. There are silly kungfu guys too. Out of the mma guys there are guys that simply push the boundaries of some peoples perceptions. Boundaries that sometimes need stretching.
    This is often an inadequate venue and frequently degrades into name calling and what not. So, yes, it can be constructive but often it isn't. It's just sour grapes a lot of the time and guys want that to been seen as legit.
    well it ain't. lol

It is sometimes like a little kid that stole his brothers socks and denies it and even after you lift his pant leg and show him the stolen sock, he says "i didn't do it"

It is outright ludicrous at times when dealing with characters that believe they can fool others while being blatantly idiotic in their methods to do so.

meh. Keep it civil is the greatest concern in my opinion. retorts are one thing, consistent and sustained idiocy is out the door.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dravid Jimmiesons, if any mma guy steal mu sox I will dim mak him into the future.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    most TCMAists here save for a few, cross train, explore other options, and are already doing some form of MMA. I don't think that is the issue.
    DB's that do not have any real TCMA, or just didn't 'get it,' and constantly spout off, showing their ignorance, should be thinned from the herd. Period.
    It's not that I don't have a thick skin, it's just that it really sux having to wade through so many pages of total bullsh1t to find a few gems.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Dravid Jimmiesons, if any mma guy steal mu sox I will dim mak him into the future.
    Dimak You!!!

dude, id fuc that ferret up. cage match.

The point here is this is a kung fu forum. We are on a general board of mostly all CMA or TCMA. Most of the MMA posters are not CMA, some may cross train CMA but they all bash us instead of having good discussions. In know Gene likes to give everyone freedom of speech and all but I think we need to tighten up the reigns.

I am not adverse to MMA guys coming and discussing how CMA can or can not go into the sports venue and be competitive. However, all of us on both sides are stubborn and stand by our values. Sometimes we all get caught up trying to prove that are values, system, style etc etc is valid (myself included).

I think everyone on both sides of the coin here need to put themselves in the other person shoes and try to look at everything thru someones else view point. Instead of bashing someone else viewpoint, just point out the differences in yours. Try not to say someones style wrong or bad but say it's only different than the way I do it.

ginosifu