View Poll Results: What should be done about the "MMA" posters who are posting on a Kung Fu forum.

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ban em all, let Gene Ching sort em out!

3 13.04%
  • I feel they contribute to the forum in a positive manner.

4 17.39%
  • I feel they should be monitored and reprimanded for constantly bashing the TCMA's.

3 13.04%
  • People need to get thicker skins and discuss in a civil manner without all the drama.

13 56.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll on "MMA" posters

I'm not voting. It's a mix, really. Lately (since the banning) it's been pretty good here, as far as that goes...maybe one exception, but he's keeping another one away, so... But all the MMA guys who survived the banning spree (you know who you are)
    would be in the positive contribution department (usually). It's good to get different points of view on here, saves me from traveling, or reading MMA forums.

Still, in a lot of ways I agree with Gino...the main thing is to try our best to discuss instead of argue... and to disagree without disparaging. The insult slinging is on a hair trigger here.

Anyway, there's a big difference between an MMA poster and an MMA troll...I think the mods are pretty good about identifying, though they give some many more chances than I would. But that's good, generous.

Ban you? That would suggest that you knuckle draggers have rights.
    Last edited by Taixuquan99; 11-04-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Is it not a bit stupid to even have this poll, considering this forum has an MMA section? Theyv'e basically been invited here by Gene.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Is it not even a bit stupid to have this poll, given that aside from Hardwork, no one talks about banning mma people?

They can't help it, everyone thinks they now what they are talking about, only experience and time will change their mind, not talking, but wise people will remember other views and it might help them look for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Is it not even a bit stupid to have this poll, given that aside from Hardwork, no one talks about banning mma people?
    Where did I say that they should be banned?

What I said was that they should all be BANGED!

Sheesh, you guys should pay more attention!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 11-04-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Is it not a bit stupid to even have this poll, considering this forum has an MMA section? Theyv'e basically been invited here by Gene.
    Well, they should limit their presence to the MMA section and only come to the TCMA sections to enhance their knowledge by asking polite questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Well, they should limit their presence to the MMA section and only come to the TCMA sections to enhance their knowledge by asking polite questions.
    Talking down to people does not incite civility. You've already made it clear that they are not your equal, and that they can only learn from TCMA, and not teach you anything.

It's rude, and this faux politeness is irritating.

You can be a **** without calling people names.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

The last thing I'm going to do is ban people because of the style they practice

I love MMA. I love TCMA. I love watching y'all argue about it too.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    do you love Mongolian fighting?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Gene has probably been all of the biggest mma trolls of the last 5 years, just cuz he's nice and wants to give all of our lives true meaning.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I actually think that you having included MMA section here is a good idea. The only problem is that some (not all) MMA-ists cross over and badmouth and put down the TCMA practicies, but I guess even that is part and parcel of a MA forum.

However, it is difficult to find a TCMA-ist that will go to the MMA threads and badmouth them. So, I guess that is where our little problem lies, but even so, just like you yourself have put before, that this is the internet, so we should all perhaps loosen up....

MMA, TCMA, whatev MA, we'll bad mouth each other regardless

This is a web forum. A lot of people are rude on the web. It sure beats talking to people face-to-face.

I wouldn't say that's style specific. I would say that many of our trolls use the same tired inflammatory posts (MMA rules) but that's just their lack of creativity.

do you love Mongolian fighting?
    Honestly, I haven't seen enough of it for it to have kindled any love in me. Now, it's just a passing flirtation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Gene has probably been all of the biggest mma trolls of the last 5 years, just cuz he's nice and wants to give all of our lives true meaning.
    Hmmm, as always Lucas, you have an interesting perspective (for a NINJASTAR-talk-the-talker-but-not-walking-the-walker ). Yes, yes, I do want you all to have meaningful lives. As for MMA, of course I support it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Talking down to people does not incite civility.
    I only talk down to MMA people when they make clueless assumptions about a zillion TCMA styles (ie. talk down on TCMAs)!

You've already made it clear that they are not your equal,
    Of course they are my equal. Everyone is my equal. I am just saying is that they should not make clueless comments about arts that they have never really practiced to any depth, despite their profound experience in tae kwon do!

and that they can only learn from TCMA,
    Logic dictates, that if the MMA-ists do not practice the TCMAs, but yet they come to the kung fu threads, then the intelligent thing for them would be to use the time to learn about the TCMA, from the TCMA-ists.

The reverse is true also, in case you have TCMA-ists who take the time to go to the MMA forums/threads, as you would assume that they are there to learn!

If each of the above parties goes to the other's forum and starts preaching their own way and making clueless generalizations, then both the MMA-ists and TCMA-ists are tresspassing and trolling!

Why is this concept so difficult to understand?

and not teach you anything.
    They can teach me plenty about MMA, but my interest is in learning the TCMAs, and that is hard enough on its own!

It's rude, and this faux politeness is irritating.
    Sometimes, truthful and logical comments can sound inpolite and even irritating, to the unwise!

You can be a **** without calling people names.
    Drake, the truth hurts, now be man and accept it.

While you are doing that, think to the last time you saw a TCMA-ist go to the MMA forums and tell them that they are wasting their time and should give up their MMA training in favor of TCMA!

What I say makes sense, even if I throw in a one liner here and there and am tongue in cheeck about it generally.

IT BURNS!!!!!!! Really I did plan on entering the ninja star, and i still may have one last shot but ive been so busy lately and a lot of other useless excuses i can come up with
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.