Thread: MMA fighters foil L.A. Robbery

Blog Entries

MMA fighters foil L.A. Robbery

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Thanks for posting.

Interesting video. Pity the angles were not too clear, but anyway, it proves that once an MMA fighter has a hold of you and goes into his "how great and functional we are" monologue", it is just a question of time before you slip into unconsciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Interesting video. Pity the angles were not too clear, but anyway, it proves that once an MMA fighter has a hold of you and goes into his "how great and functional we are" monologue", it is just a question of time before you slip into unconsciousness.
    You should never complain when an MMA bashes TCMA. You are doing the exact same thing.

Humility.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You should never complain when an MMA bashes TCMA. You are doing the exact same thing.

Humility.
    I am not bashing them. MMA is a practical and functional MA approach. I was just being togue in cheek.

If Kung Fu guys would have stumbled across this scene....they would have disagreed on who should attack the robber first, based on rank and style.

By the time they agreed on who should initiate, and confirmed their lineage, the robber woud be long gone.

They mumble some platitudes about Wu De to the clerk, then back into the elevator...since there was no competition to go to anyway.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    If Kung Fu guys would have stumbled across this scene....they would have disagreed on who should attack the robber first, based on rank and style.

By the time they agreed on who should initiate, and confirmed their lineage, the robber woud be long gone.

They mumble some platitudes about Wu De to the clerk, then back into the elevator...since there was no competition to go to anyway.
    Yet, the kung fu people have enough sense and unity to post in kung fu forums and not go to other MA forums and make clueless criticisms.

Blog Entries

So not true LOL. Once, while my classmates and I were at a restaurant with my sifu i noticed this group of guys seriously beating the crap out of this female. they were even hitting her with chairs and no one did anything but watch. Sifu gave us the green light and we went over there and when they saw us coming they took off out the door. one of the guys wasn't so lucky as his head was palmed like a basketball and slammed on the ground -feet in the air and all----he went running away staggering and holding his head. needless to say we left soon after cause we didn't want to be there when the bullets start flying.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    So not true LOL. Once, while my classmates and I were at a restaurant with my sifu i noticed this group of guys seriously beating the crap out of this female. they were even hitting her with chairs and no one did anything but watch. Sifu gave us the green light and we went over there and when they saw us coming they took off out the door. one of the guys wasn't so lucky as his head was palmed like a basketball and slammed on the ground -feet in the air and all----he went running away staggering and holding his head. needless to say we left soon after cause we didn't want to be there when the bullets start flying.
    Bah, that is nothing.

If you were MMA-ists you could have just started a simultaneous monologue about the greatness and functionality of the MMAs, and soon you would have the goons falling unconscious (probably on top of that poor woman...LOL)!

It took both an MMA teacher and his student to take the guy to the ground when the guy was not trying to hurt them. And the teacher said he should have just hit the guy instead. Lucky the gun was already put away in the guy's backpack.

At any rate, when it's just money involved, you really shouldn't try to subdue anyone, or try to be a hero. That's how you get shot.

And there's a lot more cases of people being shot than people saving some hotel some $$.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

At any rate, when it's just money involved, you really shouldn't try to subdue anyone, or try to be a hero. That's how you get shot.

And there's a lot more cases of people being shot than people saving some hotel some $$.
    I agree with this (yes, I am surprised too )!

By the way Drake, if you haven't tried it yet, grab a lamb kebab from a reputable food outlet in Kandahar and let me know how you like it. The lamb rib kebab can be delicious if done properly.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 11-05-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I agree with this (yes, I am surprised too )!

By the way Drake, if you haven't tried it yet, grab a lamb kebab from a reputable food outlet in Kandahar and let me know how you like it. The lamb rib kebab can be delicious if done properly.
    I'm hooked on Afghan food, actually. And since I pay very well, and usually pay for everyone else to eat too, they bend over backwards to get me good stuff.

I'm also addicted to pomegranates now...
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I'm hooked on Afghan food, actually. And since I pay very well, and usually pay for everyone else to eat too, they bend over backwards to get me good stuff.
    Well, I am glad that you are getting to know their food, as that is a good way to get to know a culture and create rapport with people.

Iranian food is also fantastic, I hope that you get to try it too, under a more peacefull settings, of course.

I'm also addicted to pomegranates now...
    Freshly squeezed pomegranate juice is my favorite fruit drink on the whole planet.

Well what do you know, we have similar culinary tastes-----

I also prefer French Cuisine (properly prepared, of course), and local restaurants where I can actually meet the chef. I despise the chain restaurants.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    It took both an MMA teacher and his student to take the guy to the ground when the guy was not trying to hurt them. And the teacher said he should have just hit the guy instead. Lucky the gun was already put away in the guy's backpack.
    QFT- It shouldn't have needed two guys.