Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Military Kung Fu

*Smile* I beg to differ. Not had 4, but have had 3.

And I do SD of all things. Hehe
    Last edited by themeecer; 10-24-2003 at 12:25 AM.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    This technique is mirror--it can be done exactly the same from the left as from the right.

This is Top Deflect or touchdown or TD. A sweeping motion driven by the abdominals.

From the bridge of the nose to the chin is a general guide. The wrists mark the top and bottom of this Zone.

One elbow stays below the breast; the other at or above the top eye.

The forearms (muchly deflect (either) or both). The elbows extend (especially the lower elbow). This releases the forearm/hand/fist.

The configuration of arms seems to allow for bouncing amoungst incomming. If you have a combination that can beat this configuration that could further this well.

Keep it up as a guard against follow-through jabs. but shift the ams so that the jabs do not necessarilly land.feel the intent and follow the jab back-ish to land.

Major retaliation happens with the lower arm (right arm, in the pictures). Second nuckles (leopard's claw) to side of throat or front of throat; side of nosebridge;perpendicular to the top row of teeth;Bottom of fist to chin bottom (like falling on the edge of a table.

Lower arm can receive a second upper (even) mid attack (from center-left to the full-right) and use that momentum to downshot (second nuckles to temple, jawhingenosebridge...
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

all things being equal

A boxer with 20 years experience will still defeat a kung fu expert with 20 years experience. Grow up.

so if one style isn't enough, would a blend of KF styles be effective or do you think KF in general is not suited for military use?
    Thanks z_c, IMO a blend of moves or techniques from KF styles would be effective, just as the current blend in H2H is a collection of techniques from different systems. I see it as a toolbox of sorts, you put in the tools you think you'll use the most and mix & match for each situation. I don't want to say KF is not suited for military use. If you think of KF as a fighting art , which it is, then it is just as viable as any other fighting system currently being "sampled" by the Army.

A boxer with 20 years experience will still defeat a kung fu expert with 20 years experience. Grow up.
    As a kung fu student, I must say BWA-HA-HA-HA. Or is it, MWAA-HA-HA-HA. Whatever. Something evilly confident.

rogue, great article, thanks for reposting it.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Two inches is longer than one inch. Things are not equal.

But thank you one called All-Knowing-One from one called No_Know, for the hypothetical.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

open tag <

sarcasm....

A 20 year boxer would be helpless against a 20 year kung fu man, as case in point, these two deadly Lei Tai champions

http://www.risingdragonmartialart.co...3sifusteve.mov

Both would destroy Mike Tyson, Roy Jones, or Lewis with their advanced and deadly skills

close tag, end sarcasm
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Looks like San Da to me....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

"A boxer with 20 years experience will still defeat a kung fu expert with 20 years experience. Grow up."

"In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

the commies have won
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Actaully, it looks like any other side and round kicks typical of dozens of kung fu styles.

Pai lum.........hmmmmmmmmm

who needs h2h training when you got a **** gun?! I'd rather spend that time on target practice so i never have to worry about them getting close.
    and by the way: the person with 20 years of REAL fighting experience will beat the person with 20 years of SIMULATION fighting. if you have a guy thats been streetfighting for 3 years and does it every week, he'll wipe the floor with that 20-years-been-doing-kungfu-but-only-been-in-2-fights sifu.

Abel, please, clearly those are KUNG FU kicks, anyone with half a mind can see that

Did someone say PIE,,,,,, mmmmmmmmmmm....

Apple or Cherry?

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    Actaully, it looks like any other side and round kicks typical of dozens of kung fu styles.
    yes, but its how theyre trained to use them so they consistently work agaisnt a dangerous opponent.

theyre using efficient and effective training methods.
    i'm not ragging on all different kung fu styles, just pointing out that the vast majority of schools may be able to teach a student to strike a stance like that in a form, but to really put it into play and make it work with timing and power takes an approach to training that most schools miss entirely. sanda happens to be a good training method.

thats all. now back to your argument.

Originally posted by lkfmdc
    Abel, please, clearly those are KUNG FU kicks, anyone with half a mind can see that
    Duuuuuuuh!

"Actaully, it looks like any other side and round kicks typical of dozens of
    kung fu styles."