Thread: lee shing and jiu wan

lee shing and jiu wan

spencer how extensive was lee shings training with jiu wan? i am from jiu wan lineage and am curious.
    sincerly, eddie

Lee Shing & Jiu Wan

As far as I am aware, they were good friends and may have even lived together for a short time in HK when Lee Shing moved from the mainland. It was Jiu Wan who thought Lee Shing should meet Ip Man. Lok Yiu was apparently close to both guys too, although it is hard to piece together as Lok Yiu and Jiu Wan (and my Sigung) were very private students who didn't search the fame or limelight.

What I can say for certain is that there was a lot of respect shown to them all from Ip Man and in turn they had a lot of respect for him! They were (as far as I know) decent, well researched Martial Artists who flocked to Ip Man to support him in HK. Not 'exactly' formal students but more like 'lifetime' aquaintances because in those days there was only one 'Wing Chun Pai'!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

thank yoU

thanks, its hard to find info on him, i saw the lee shing teaser trailer and lee shing does the forms like jiu wan and it sparked my curiosity.
    sincerly, eddie

rare

what i should of said is the forms i practice from my jiu wan lineage have the same signature moves in the forms i saw lee shing perform, kind of rare and nice to see
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    what i should of said is the forms i practice from my jiu wan lineage have the same signature moves in the forms i saw lee shing perform, kind of rare and nice to see
    Nice to hear someone who recognizes signatures! PM me your views it would be interesting to compare ideas...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hey Eddie, are you linked to this Facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jiu-Wa...un/79190226910
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

no

no, i am not but i will check it out. thanks spencer
    sincerly, eddie