Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I will never understand China

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    it comes from ancient greek pedarasty tradition of the bactran greek colonists. afghani child molesters are the true inheritors of classical western civilization.
    Same tree but wrong branch. Bachi baza (the tea boy syndrome) does seem to intersect with Greeks being the conquerors (Alexander and his brood) and the introduction of that tradition. At some point, Persian habits blended with 'Greekness" and bachi baza came into its own. Pushtuns are often the obvious purveyers of the "make friends with Donkey day' than other groups,

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    There is no need to bring race into it. This thread makes light of the culture of communist China, not of Asians.
    i made a joke about classical greece. i didnt bring up anything about race. but every time i poke fun at america or the west this patriot keeps lecturing me, so i didnt want to explain myself. i just went along with his rant.

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Same tree but wrong branch. Bachi baza (the tea boy syndrome) does seem to intersect with Greeks being the conquerors (Alexander and his brood) and the introduction of that tradition. At some point, Persian habits blended with 'Greekness" and bachi baza came into its own. Pushtuns are often the obvious purveyers of the "make friends with Donkey day' than other groups,
    its not just cultural interaction. there was a greek colony in afghanistan, i think called the bactrian kingdom or something. they were also the ones that left behind the greek style buddhist statues.
    Last edited by bawang; 01-19-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    4) Stereotyping? I know of multiple people who have been there and reported these same behaviors. That means it is more factual than stereotypical.

So you know soldiers who went there and that makes you qualified to talk about it? Coz soldiers are there to make friends and have the education and understanding to look beyond cultural barriers to see what's really going on. Scott, I like ya, but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen you write. Soldiers would never have a bias. Nooooooooooooooo.

You should try talking to a few, oh I dunno, Afghans! A lil balance. You think you don't have goat fuckers in your own state?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    So you know soldiers who went there and that makes you qualified to talk about it? Coz soldiers are there to make friends and have the education and understanding to look beyond cultural barriers to see what's really going on. Scott, I like ya, but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen you write. Soldiers would never have a bias. Nooooooooooooooo.

You should try talking to a few, oh I dunno, Afghans! A lil balance. You think you don't have goat fuckers in your own state?
    Do ever plan to grow up or do you plan to be a troll for life.

Multiple sources imply more reliable information. Someone like you, a rabblerouser with little reasoning ability offer much less reliable information thus giving it little value beyond spectacle.

i made a joke about classical greece. i didnt bring up anything about race. but every time i poke fun at america or the west this patriot keeps lecturing me, so i didnt want to explain myself. i just went along with his rant.

its not just cultural interaction. there was a greek colony in afghanistan, i think called the bactrian kingdom or something. they were also the ones that left behind the greek style buddhist statues.
    You have a long pattern of bigotry against the west. It is tolerated for a few reasons: Western culture does not have an inferiority complex, and as I previously mentioned you provide humor and some beneficial information from time to time.

You try to cover your bigotry by pretending it is humor. If western peoples here treated your culture the way you treat ours you would be crying like a little girl, which you have done here on occasion.

Trying to say these Afghans participate in in appropriate behaviors because they learned it from the Greeks is childish deflection from the inappropriate behavior.

Slippery slope is slippery.

Please maintain civility with each other.
    It's an interesting conversation that doesn't need that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Do ever plan to grow up or do you plan to be a troll for life.

Multiple sources imply more reliable information. Someone like you, a rabblerouser with little reasoning ability offer much less reliable information thus giving it little value beyond spectacle.
    Oh come on, you classified a whole section of a country based on the actions of some. How is that different than assuming people in the south of the US only have one tooth and deify their gun? You think I can't dig up multiple sources and a ton of examples?

People are people, it takes like 72 hours to turn a normal person into an absolute animal.

Multiple sources only means something if they are quality sources.

How am I being a troll? My saying "you should actually talk to afghans too" is somehow less valid than "soldiers told me"? You wanna talk reasoning ability?

Trying to say these Afghans participate in in appropriate behaviors because they learned it from the Greeks is childish deflection from the inappropriate behavior.
    these afghans participate in inappropriate behaviours, because they learned it from the greeks.

these afghans participate in inappropriate behaviours, because they learned it from the greeks.
    Bawang, I know you know that homosexuality predates the greek civilization. You could argue that greek civilization had some impact on the cultures they inserted themselves into, but saying they are the reason that some afghans get down with donkeys is a bit much I think. There is sooo much time between then and now.

Pashtuns fall under a relatively wide banner. They are not the same everywhere. Rural Pashtuns and Urban Pashtuns are so different. They are a huge ethnic group. It's almost like saying all Americans are "this" or "that". Silly. There are conservative Pashtuns, Progressive Pashtuns, jerkoff Pashtuns, donkey loving Pashtuns, righteous warrior defending the weak Pashtuns and Dbag Pashtuns that shoot little girls for going to school.

I think stereotyping(or facts from soldiers) marginalizes a society that is already beaten down and in a rough spot. We all make generalizations but we should really try hard to not make damaging generalizations about cultures of which most people clearly know very little. It's this attitude that leads to normal hardworking people being targeted for reasons that have nothing to do with them.
    Last edited by Syn7; 01-20-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Bawang, I know you know that homosexuality predates the greek civilization. You could argue that greek civilization had some impact on the cultures they inserted themselves into, but saying they are the reason that some afghans get down with donkeys is a bit much I think. There is sooo much time between then and now.
    you are right. we shouldnt judge an entire people based on the actions of a few. i am glad we agree on this, syn.
    I think stereotyping(or facts from soldiers) marginalizes a society that is already beaten down and in a rough spot.
    this is why i coudlnt let scott brown get away with that bad joke. especially when their condition is mainly caused by us.
    Last edited by bawang; 01-20-2013 at 02:18 PM.

you are right. we shouldnt judge an entire people based on the actions of a few.

this is why i coudlnt let scott brown get away with that bad joke. especially when their condition is mainly caused by us.
    Not just us. They have been ****ed with for EVER! The whole region is one big hub for proxy wars, treasure hunters, religious bull**** etc etc etc.... It's a big list. Geographically unlucky in that respect.

I challenge the critical thinking of anyone who thinks that war was about terrorists. Sure, that played a part and was a great way to rally support. But anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that it's about control, resources and religious persecution. And of course they aren't all innocent victims, but they aren't all perps either.

I also find that massive lithium vane very interesting. That alone is worth invading a country, as far as making money goes.

We all make some tongue and cheek generalizations, but I think it's important to understand the damage these things can do sometimes.

Not just us. They have been ****ed with for EVER! The whole region is one big hub for proxy wars, treasure hunters, religious bull**** etc etc etc.... It's a big list. Geographically unlucky in that respect.
    exactly. i was trying to show scott brown the difference between making fun of the japanese, and making fun of afghanis. the context behind them is different. japanese penus cult is whacky and silly. joking about the suffering and poverty of afghani boy slaves is another matter and completely in bad taste.
    Last edited by bawang; 01-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Last edited by Syn7; 01-20-2013 at 02:35 PM.

what u trying to say mang. i dont get it

what u trying to say mang. i dont get it
    It wasn't to you. I quoted your post by mistake, I'll change that.

I see a lot of white privilege in these racial/cultural arguments. And I like the clip.