Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: I will never understand China

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post

I see a lot of white privilege in these racial/cultural arguments. And I like the clip.
    nice

do u also have inferiority complex like me

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Oh come on, you classified a whole section of a country based on the actions of some. How is that different than assuming people in the south of the US only have one tooth and deify their gun?
    You know what ya'll

I think we should make fun of it.

I think we should keep using stereotypes.

Homosexual child rape is a disgusting thing and we should draw much attention to it by whatever way we can.

People in the south? The rest of the world asumes ALL Americans deify their gun. And we should keep making that stereotype because the gun laws in America ARE stupid and it is important that is rubbed in all americans faces until someone changes something.

Often the way a country is run is a reflection of its population.

If there is a culture of Child Rape in Afghanistan, even if it is only a few people, the fact that their society seems to let it happen is a shadow across all of their culture. It is important to draw attention to it.

Just like we should draw attention to the ills of our own society, and make jokes about them.
    Last edited by RenDaHai; 01-20-2013 at 04:36 PM.

So in America there is a pretty big liberal majority. Why is this not reflected in the 3 branches?

I hear you, totally fair points. But I still think we need to demonize the offenders, not the whole population. That isn't to say they bear some of the responsibility and accountability. But in the case of Afghanistan, they aren't in a position to do much more than get by right now. It's gonna stay ugly for awhile. Ass social media connects more people, slowly the progressives will take over. Assuming they don't get slaughtered, that is.

So in America there is a pretty big liberal majority. Why is this not reflected in the 3 branches?

I hear you, totally fair points. But I still think we need to demonize the offenders, not the whole population. That isn't to say they bear some of the responsibility and accountability. But in the case of Afghanistan, they aren't in a position to do much more than get by right now. It's gonna stay ugly for awhile. Ass social media connects more people, slowly the progressives will take over. Assuming they don't get slaughtered, that is.
    Yeah, I guess we don't need to kick em while their down.

Why are we there again? Never quite got that one....

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Yeah, I guess we don't need to kick em while their down.

Why are we there again? Never quite got that one....
    Lithium, drugs, construction, regional control, etc etc etc.

Like Bawang said, it's one thing to bash Japan, not the same as doing it to Afghanistan. Japan is bored, Afghanistan is living thru some serious ongoing drama.

I like your ideas about pointing them out tho. You wanna shit on donkey fuckers, please do so. But try to differentiate between the good, the bad, the apathetic and the truly stuck. Most are just caught in the middle and wanna just farm their plots and have a nice life.

You know what ya'll

Homosexual child rape is a disgusting thing and we should draw much attention to it by whatever way we can.
    not when the circumstances are caused by us. then what you are doing is called oppression.

its not appropriate for us to joke about the colorado shooting. its not approriate for me to joke about the tibetans. its not appropriate for us to joke about afghani suffering. this is not hard to understand. its called having a heart.

it looks like during your time at shaolin temple, you sympathized with chinese long enough to learn our kung fu, but you still really dont understand the humanity outside of your western world.
    Last edited by bawang; 01-20-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    its not just cultural interaction. there was a greek colony in afghanistan, i think called the bactrian kingdom or something. they were also the ones that left behind the greek style buddhist statues.
    The Buddhist Mountain statues (Bamiyan-I was there) are part of Hazarajat, the homeland of the Hazara. They were originally Buddhists who converted but they honored their past and the statutes were a remembrance of that. Calling the Pushtun donkeyriders isn't far from fact because they attempted to push out as many of the non-Pushtuns (Tajik, Uzbek and Hazara) from the country. Again, not all Pushtuns are such but if the sandals fit...........

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    The Buddhist Mountain statues (Bamiyan-I was there) are part of Hazarajat, the homeland of the Hazara. They were originally Buddhists who converted but they honored their past and the statutes were a remembrance of that.
    im talking about the even older greek style european buddhas from the bactrian kingdom.

Calling the Pushtun donkeyriders isn't far from fact because they attempted to push out as many of the non-Pushtuns (Tajik, Uzbek and Hazara) from the country. Again, not all Pushtuns are such but if the sandals fit...........
    pashtuns are the oldest ethnic group in afghanistan. tajik, uzbek and hazara came from the mongol invasion.
    Last edited by bawang; 01-20-2013 at 08:20 PM.

The Buddhist Mountain statues (Bamiyan-I was there) are part of Hazarajat, the homeland of the Hazara. They were originally Buddhists who converted but they honored their past and the statutes were a remembrance of that. Calling the Pushtun donkeyriders isn't far from fact because they attempted to push out as many of the non-Pushtuns (Tajik, Uzbek and Hazara) from the country. Again, not all Pushtuns are such but if the sandals fit...........
    Yeah and not all Americans are gun raging toothless sister marrying slack jawed yokal alcoholics. But hey, if the flag fits.... right.

The Pashtuns have a right to atleast try to defend what they see as their rightful homelands. They may not be the first ethnicity to live there, but it's been their for a very long time. Long enough to have the right to defend it against outside interests.

And what exactly does sexing up donkeys have to do with fending off foreign invasions again? That is a weird leap in logic.

not when the circumstances are caused by us. then what you are doing is called oppression.

its not appropriate for us to joke about the colorado shooting. its not approriate for me to joke about the tibetans. its not appropriate for us to joke about afghani suffering. this is not hard to understand. its called having a heart.

it looks like during your time at shaolin temple, you sympathized with chinese long enough to learn our kung fu, but you still really dont understand the humanity outside of your western world.

We didn't cause the culture in Afghanistan. In my opinion we should keep well away from such a place. The history of Afghanistan should have assured us no good can come of going there.

It is not appropriate to joke about the colorado shooting, but it IS appropriate to joke about American gun laws. It is NOT appropriate to joke about the tibetan suffering but it IS appropriate to joke about MaoZiDong. Afghani suffering is not funny, but joking about the hypocrisy of parts of their society IS acceptable and should be done. Think how much better China would be if they could joke about Mao?

When we joke about something, we are laughing at ignorance. Thats what humans find funny. When we make a racist joke, we are not laughing with the joke, we are laughing at the stupidity of it. Humans like to joke, it brings things into focus. One great thing about western society is that we joke about all the big issues, instead of fearing to talk about them like much of the rest of the world.

But you know all this BaWang. Your signature is to say something outrageous and funny but that contains the seed of truth.

I've seen a great deal of the humanity outside the western world, and it makes me proud of what western civilisation has accomplished.

dude, no afghanis wllingly sell their son to a drug baron to dance and be raped.
    We didn't cause the culture in Afghanistan.
    we did. thats my point.

dude, no afghanis wllingly sell their son to a drug baron to dance and be raped.

we did. thats my point.
    we?

we caused afghan culture?

first of all, what culture? What culture is there that is even remotely reflective of the western world? It has been stripped away for the most part and replaced with backwards tribal crap.

Afghanistan was more modern in 1970 than it is now. It has collapsed under the weight of continual war and now has a population that knows little other than that.

I find it interesting that we can all sit and pass judgement on that place. It's a desert. It's tribal regions more than a nation. We know even less about it now in my opinion. We are told very little or next to nothing about what we are continuing to do there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You know what ya'll

People in the south? The rest of the world asumes ALL Americans deify their gun. And we should keep making that stereotype because the gun laws in America ARE stupid and it is important that is rubbed in all americans faces until someone changes something.

Often the way a country is run is a reflection of its population.

If there is a culture of Child Rape in Afghanistan, even if it is only a few people, the fact that their society seems to let it happen is a shadow across all of their culture. It is important to draw attention to it.

Just like we should draw attention to the ills of our own society, and make jokes about them.
    There are large pedophile rings that operate in the U.S. and the rest of the West, as well as kidnappers taking young girls and forcing them into prostitution. These things are happening everywhere, not only Afghanistan. The fact that it's happening there needs to be pointed out, but our house isn't totally clean, either. And of course, nobody in their right mind, anywhere in the world, should ever accept this. But the fact that it IS still happening here is also unacceptable. It should be remembered that when you point your finger at another, three of your own fingers are pointing right back at yourself.

The fact that it's still happening, and on such a large scale, means that there is a culture (sub-culture) of it in the West, too.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    we?

we caused afghan culture?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Afghanistan was more modern in 1970 than it is now. It has collapsed under the weight of continual war and now has a population that knows little other than that.
    you answered yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    There are large pedophile rings that operate in the U.S. and the rest of the West, as well as kidnappers taking young girls and forcing them into prostitution. These things are happening everywhere, not only Afghanistan. The fact that it's happening there needs to be pointed out, but our house isn't totally clean, either. And of course, nobody in their right mind, anywhere in the world, should ever accept this. But the fact that it IS still happening here is also unacceptable. It should be remembered that when you point your finger at another, three of your own fingers are pointing right back at yourself.

The fact that it's still happening, and on such a large scale, means that there is a culture (sub-culture) of it in the West, too.
    For sure.

But nothing should stand in the way of our tackling it. I don't think we should be afraid of being politically incorrect when it comes to these things. And if certain practices are more prevalent within certain cultures we shouldn't be afraid to say so.