Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: To Choke, Strangle or Twist?

What the (expletive) ever. Now you are changing the environment OR wording, for what reason, I don't know, to show that necks can broken. NO SH$T. But you CANNOT SNAP SOMEONE'S NECK WITH TWO HANDS.

Yes, you can HURT the neck. I CLEARLY SAID THAT.

And YES, hitting someone upside the HEAD WITH A GODDAMM FREE WEIGHT CAN PROBABLY BREAK A NECK TOO.

Grow up, and stop living in denial. Changing the subject, or twisting my words is f*cking immature and f*cking irritating.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Drake,

You are the one changing words. The inmate was hit in a surprise attack, got angry, grabbed the guy with his two hands, and broke his neck.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    What the (expletive) ever. Now you are changing the environment OR wording, for what reason, I don't know, to show that necks can broken. NO SH$T. But you CANNOT SNAP SOMEONE'S NECK WITH TWO HANDS.

Yes, you can HURT the neck. I CLEARLY SAID THAT.

And YES, hitting someone upside the HEAD WITH A GODDAMM FREE WEIGHT CAN PROBABLY BREAK A NECK TOO.

Grow up, and stop living in denial. Changing the subject, or twisting my words is f*cking immature and f*cking irritating.
    First, cool off, people are saying what they think. You changed context and wording as much as anyone, and certainly your response is ridiculously mature.

Second, where is the debunking?

Third, hurt and pain compliance are not necessarily synonymous. Hurt has the idea of injure in there, and the neck simply is not nearly as resilient as you suggest.

You claimed expertise, provide it.

My father was a doctor in Vietnam and then did quite a bit of emergency room work, on at least two occasions he told me of people that had their necks broken while fighting.

I am honestly kind of surprised that someone is arguing that it cannot be done. I never said it is easy to do if someone is resisting you, but neither is an arm bar, punching someone in the face, leg locks of various types, and breaking someones back (something that is likely more difficult to do than a neck, but also possible).

Drake,

I have done my share of fighting, both full contact and the occasional real world scuffle, I am not by any means a form fairy.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    Drake,

You are the one changing words. The inmate was hit in a surprise attack, got angry, grabbed the guy with his two hands, and broke his neck.
    did you read your own article?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

My father was a doctor in Vietnam and then did quite a bit of emergency room work, on at least two occasions he told me of people that had their necks broken while fighting.

I am honestly kind of surprised that someone is arguing that it cannot be done. I never said it is easy to do if someone is resisting you, but neither is an arm bar, punching someone in the face, leg locks of various types, and breaking someones back (something that is likely more difficult to do than a neck, but also possible).

Drake,

I have done my share of fighting, both full contact and the occasional real world scuffle, I am not by any means a form fairy.
    Who called you a forms fairy? JESUS CHRIST GET YOUR CRAP STRAIGHT. I LIKE FORMS.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Awesome, we've got anecdotes, misread articles, movie clips, and stories from NAM.

Again, as someone pointed out, ask a chiropractor how much force it takes.

And get your facts straight.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

did you read your own article?
    The article wasn't about the inmate, the inmate was a second story in his post, and not referenced in the article.

Awesome, we've got anecdotes, misread articles, movie clips, and stories from NAM.

And I am the one that pointed out the chiropractor. Seems like the whole thing was a misunderstanding.

Long story short, a neck can be broken, but the average joe should likely not count on doing it (especially if the person is conscious).
    -Golden Arms-

And it was RWilson, who apparently doesn't like me either, who used the term forms fairy.

Apparently, anyone who debunks mystic "super lethal" neck breaking snaps is a TCMA-hating MMAist.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

A chiropractor? Seriously?

If you're gonna be disrespectful because people don't get all your terms straight and don't cite their claims and misread your posts, then it might help if you didn't get their terms wrong, fail to cite your claims, and misread their posts.

Mighty high horse there over nothing.

And I am the one that pointed out the chiropractor. Seems like the whole thing was a misunderstanding.

Long story short, a neck can be broken, but the average joe should likely not count on doing it (especially if the person is conscious).
    So then what's the argument? I said you can't snap someone's neck. I said you can wrench it, and it hurts.

I don't even understand what you are disagreeing with me about.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post

If you're gonna be disrespectful because people don't get all your terms straight and don't cite their claims and misread your posts, then it might help if you didn't get their terms wrong, fail to cite your claims, and misread their posts.

Too late, Skippy... too late...
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post

Stop being so sensitive, Francis.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown