Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: To Choke, Strangle or Twist?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Apparently, anyone who debunks mystic "super lethal" neck breaking snaps is a TCMA-hating MMAist.
    Nice ad hominem attacks.

Talk about changing the terms! No one you're arguing with has EVER said any of that crap, stating their thoughts while we're supposed to all know these thorough debunkings you're failing to cite.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Nice ad hominem attacks.

Talk about changing the terms! No one you're arguing with has EVER said any of that crap, stating their thoughts while we're supposed to all know these thorough debunkings you're failing to cite.
    Ad hominem against who? And dude... GOOGLE IT.

On the bright side, the moderators will have a field day with this when they get here..
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

And if you want to drag ad hominem into this, you might want to check yourself with "burden of proof" logical fallacies. It isn't my job to DISPROVE it.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Ad hominem against who? And dude... GOOGLE IT.

On the bright side, the moderators will have a field day with this when they get here..
    Why would the mods care? You get offensive over nothing, others respond, nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Why would the mods care? You get offensive over nothing, others respond, nothing new here.
    Now you are just being Suzy the Contrarian...
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

And if you want to drag ad hominem into this, you might want to check yourself with "burden of proof" logical fallacies. It isn't my job to DISPROVE it.
    It's your job to cite a claim. You said it was debunked, you never cited it. I asked because I was genuinely curious, but you still cite nothing. I'm not trying to disprove anything, we were talking about wrenching necks, you got butthurt because apparently, well, it's not entirely clear why, end of story.

No, it's not. Someone claims that he/she can snap a neck with "explosive force" had better be willing to prove it.

I was "butthurt" because of arrogant snobs who refuse to face reality, and then change my words to "hurt the neck" or cite something that has nothing to do with original claim.

I've got no more to say about it, because at this point, you are just dragging stupidity out for the sake of internet points and the mongoloid joy of circular arguments, which is on par for this forum. Consider this done. Don't like it, go argue with an imaginary friend and pretend it's me. This football bat of a discussion is over.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

No, it's not. Someone claims that he/she can snap a neck with "explosive force" had better be willing to prove it.
    I believe this is called murder.

I was "butthurt" because of arrogant snobs who refuse to face reality, and then change my words to "hurt the neck" or cite something that has nothing to do with original claim.
    Frankly, I was merely discussing whether or not I felt it was valid to wrench the neck, regardless of the results. From there, it's academic and unimportant, I certainly wasn't arrogant in my original statement on the thread. True, I was not sticking to strict terms of some previous parts of the discussion, but that's not really grounds for calling me arrogant or getting, as you say, butthurt.

I don't think I sounded snobbish either, but you apparently do. It was not my intention.

I've got no more to say about it, because at this point, you are just dragging stupidity out for the sake of internet points and the mongoloid joy of circular arguments, which is on par for this forum. Consider this done. Don't like it, go argue with an imaginary friend and pretend it's me. This football bat of a discussion is over.
    I'm glad you're not as arrogant as me.

I return to my original statement, I think it would suck to have one's neck wrenched, and be injurious.

I've done a google search, as recommended. Most of the discussion was regarding the "movie version" of breaking the neck. None stated that there was no possibility of breaking the neck. Most were nebulous about whether or not it was possible, the main argument being that the one doing the breaking need be very strong, though this was just as unsupported as any of the other claims.

The chief arguments against were "wrestlers and bjj people do neck techniques all the time and you don't hear about breaks", but, considering they're not trying to break each other's necks, this is a moot point.

In fairness, none of the sites were run by some sort of cross between Dr. Mengele and a chiropractor.

If there were specific research, it would be interesting to read. Most of the content is people arguing on martial arts forums. I'm not sure how one could legally prove any of it. Cadavers, I suppose, but that's a bit creepy.
    Last edited by Taixuquan99; 11-10-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Jesus, and people wonder why the good posters dont post here so much anymore
    i thought we were passed this whole breaking the neck cr*p

(drake this is not aimed at you)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Jesus, and people wonder why the good posters dont post here so much anymore
    i thought we were passed this whole breaking the neck cr*p

(drake this is not aimed at you)
    Me and two or three other people here talking about neck breaking does not equate to anything but just that. Hell, the three who are saying this are not even among the most frequent posters. I can totally live with "I think you're wrong, here's why", but that's not really what happens, oh well.

Seriously, I've looked at the "debunking" on Google, unless I'm missing some actual salient info, it's as unproven as the claim for it. I am actually genuinely curious if there is actual info out there.

I would hardly say that it would be something one does for self defense, or the first option when control of the neck is gained.

But, I doubt there is a single member here, including those arguing against it, that would let another person crank on their neck violently. Because of common sense.

I think one can injure someone's neck badly, including break it. That is all. I would not work to prove it, and I do not benefit from the claim. Why should that make me arrogant? Snobbish?

I'm not averse to you disagreeing. But I haven't seen the evidence that makes you so certain. So it's fun to discuss, and am open to that evidence.

Have I given you some previous idea that I am snobbish and unwilling to be proven wrong about a martial topic? No. So what's the problem?
    Last edited by Taixuquan99; 11-10-2011 at 04:15 PM.

if you really wanted to break someones neck, the easiest way would be to render them unconcious first so that there is no resistance. but at that point you could do a lot more damage to them then breaking their neck. most people do not die from breaking their neck, so death wouldnt be your goal, or you would simply open an artery with a sharp object. you really want to F someone up, curb stomp them and then put a bottle into their mouth and kick their broken jaw so the bottle shatters.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    if you really wanted to break someones neck, the easiest way would be to render them unconcious first so that there is no resistance. but at that point you could do a lot more damage to them then breaking their neck. most people do not die from breaking their neck, so death wouldnt be your goal, or you would simply open an artery with a sharp object. you really want to F someone up, curb stomp them and then put a bottle into their mouth and kick their broken jaw so the bottle shatters.
    This sounds good, but I am not clear how I am being any more theoretical than you when I say one can break a conscious person's neck. All the info I see is conjecture on either side.

For example, I might counter that to break someone's neck, the neck must move suddenly in relation to the body, or vice versa. This might actually be harder if they are dead weight, whereas, if one could find a throw where the lower body is shifted, but the head immobilized, then it's possible, or, if one was standing and had a guillotine applied, and violently shifted their own waist/torso(and thus, the opponent's neck), but the opponent was double weighted and could not release the pressure, do you know anyone who would allow this to be done to themselves?
    Last edited by Taixuquan99; 11-10-2011 at 04:27 PM.

its all theoretical, for sure. i wasnt eluding to either it being or not being theoretical. when i break necks i just do a little twist to the neck like the terminator, cuz im bad. but thats me.

but hey bro, you can come break my neck!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

To be clear, I don't teach people to neck break, I don't train to do so, but discuss it? Why not? I think most people tend to only allow neck techniques done on them by certain people or in circumstances with specific rules for a reason. I don't believe that anyone alive would willingly allow anyone else to violently twist their neck.

Thus, everyone else agrees with me, for all practical purposes. We may all be wrong, but to my knowledge we all agree.

Until I see vid proving otherwise.