Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: To Choke, Strangle or Twist?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    its all theoretical, for sure. i wasnt eluding to either it being or not being theoretical. when i break necks i just do a little twist to the neck like the terminator, cuz im bad. but thats me.
    I make threads about the inseparable nature of qi and li(pattern), and people break their own necks for me. This is internal.

but hey bro, you can come break my neck!
    Not until I have my armor made and we weapon spar. Then I'll break your neck like Batman did Joker in Miller's Dark Knight, so I'll only break it a little, and you'll have to break it the rest of the way. Being a reclusive billionaire, you understand.

hells ya!!!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Drake,

I think Golden Arm may have got dragged into our flame war a bit more than he deserved, he had nothing to do with my flammage of you.

Blog Entries
    Everything in TCMA are "relative" and not "absolute". Your chance to break the neck of a

- new born baby may be 100%.
    - 10 years old may be 70%.
    - 15 years old may be 40%.

Technique is only the 50%. The other 50% is the ability. Unfortunately the ability training is all hard work and there is no easy path.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-10-2011 at 05:41 PM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    if you really wanted to break someones neck, the easiest way would be to render them unconcious first so that there is no resistance. but at that point you could do a lot more damage to them then breaking their neck. most people do not die from breaking their neck, so death wouldnt be your goal, or you would simply open an artery with a sharp object. you really want to F someone up, curb stomp them and then put a bottle into their mouth and kick their broken jaw so the bottle shatters.
    honestly if someone "does" break my neck or something along those lines I hope they just finish me off. Don't really want to live a life all messed up from that anyhow.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

To Choke , strangle or twist

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Ok,

So you have an easy opening to apply some kind of head grasping technique, what in your experience causes the most and fastest discomfort and most difficulty for him to counter? Using any type of hold do you;

Focus on crushing the wind pipe?

Focus on strangling the arteries?

Focus on twisting the neck using some kind of pivot like the chin or a fishhook or facelock e.t.c?

Some kind of combination of any of the above?

Something else entirely?

I always find I am made most uncomfortable with neck twisting, but I rarely use it myself as I am rather squeamish about applying it in sparring.
    Depending on how the sparring partner attacks you , if you partner knows that you ' re going to apply a choke hold on him , he ' s going resist against you , so the minute you get pass his attack and have a good chance go for the choke hold or apply the techniques you want to apply on your partner , but be careful . Because if you apply full force you can break his neck or really strangle your partner , so use caution . I would rather choke the person out .