Thread: Is There any Books on Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut ?

Is There any Books on Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut ?

Any Books at all on Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut ? I have the DVD on it by Shane Lacey but just wondered if there was a book on it .

If you find any, let me know.
    By Peace or by Pieces.

You are a human being, not a human doing.
    J Bradshaw.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    Rumi

Hey, brother, how did you like the DVD? Could you give us a critical analysis of its contents?
    Thanks in advance,

Marcelo

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    Any Books at all on Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut ? I have the DVD on it by Shane Lacey but just wondered if there was a book on it .
    There is one in Chinese on Sup Jee Kuen by master Jun Chui Yu. I have it, very cool. There are also a lot of magazine articles that got written over the years in English and Chinese.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo-RJ View Post
    Hey, brother, how did you like the DVD? Could you give us a critical analysis of its contents?
    Thanks in advance,

Marcelo
    The vid is cool, very short. Its Master Shane Lacey presenting a shortened version of the Sup Jee Kuen set, which he is calling Ping Kuen on the vid (not really important as the basic 3 sets all look the same) and some basic, first level applications and break downs of the techniques. It came out about ten years ago, but you can still get copies on eBay.

with this style, ie. Buk Sing CLF the important thing isnt the forms or knowing some techniques, its training with an expert on the style who can explain the subtle nuance of the art and its technical differences from other arts and also teach the drills we use to program the body for combat.,
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Lun Chee's combat manual

This is the introduction to my Great Grand Master's (Lun Chee) combat manual, it was translated into English by my Sisook & instructor Ray Chan Sifu, best Disciple of Master Tam Sing and direct student of Lun Chee.

Enjoy

Buk Xing Choy Lay Fut – 13 Combat Essences

Every style of martial arts has punches and kicks that go straight and sideway. Every style blocks from up to down, from down to up, and from one side to another. Grandmaster Lun Chee had repeatedly emphasized that the reason Buk Xing combat techniques are different and more superb than others is not so much because we have different hand or leg movements. The reason Buk Xing combat techniques are more dynamic and effective is because 1) we have defined good combat principles and 2) use these principles to create, to drill and to apply our combat techniques.

And these principals are categorized into 13 essences of Buk Xing Combat:
    1. Mentality
    2. Toughness
    3. Stance / Footwork
    4. Posture
    5. Speed (Acceleration)
    6. Power (Explosive & Penetrating)
    7. Frequency
    8. Distance
    9. Line
    10. Accuracy
    11. Reflex / Timing
    12. Techniques
    13. Strategies

Our Basic, Technique, Sandbag, Sparring and Form Drills are for our development in mastering these 13 combat essences so we can become a superb fighter.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com