Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEELER: Southern Kung Fu in West Suburb Chicago

FEELER: Southern Kung Fu in West Suburb Chicago

Naperville/Aurora/Plainfield area!

would anyone be interested in learning authentic Southern Kung Fu in this area? internal and external. heavy chi sao and traditional conditioning.

cheers

Jong

philosophical exchange, efficiency in motion, enlightment

Blog Entries
    enlightment
    Enlightenment? What kind of enlightenment?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Kung fu enlightenment. Many people find that they run into a wall with their training and seek alternatives. Exploring another door within the system keeps the training exciting. Fresh.

ok..

And what exactly are you teaching? System? Style? Interpretations?

Thx

R

Gui Shou, Ghost Hands.

Sifu Joel G. utilized the foundation of Chuka Southern Praying Mantis structure of Tan Tau and incorporated different southern kung fu mechanics. Our main fist is the Phoenix Eye. We train internal and external concepts. Heavy Chi Sao for line familiarization, kinetic awareness, and hyper sensitivity for bridging and pressure reading. Our focus is efficiency in motion and how to manifest that through our body. To accomplish this we have come up with forms, drills of techniques, and a way to communicate this through teaching for a person new to martial arts in general.

Definitely not something developed overnight. My Sifu and I have philosophized and came up with many ways to teach this and excited to offer it to the public!

Any relationship to Hakka Lee Gar Gao?

EDIT: Whoops... totally unrelated... Just saw it's Dao Gui Na Kung Fu
    Last edited by 5thBrother; 11-10-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    Supporter: The Australasian Martial Arts & Self Defence Forums - http://www.OzMAForums.com

There are some information that I feel is appropriate to be left alone in honor of the art. However. Let's clear things up a bit.

Hakka is interpreted as a Village in Southern China. There are a lot of talk about SPM on the Internet by many people, and most May be phone games and misinterpretations. Reason I say this is because many aren't authoritative representatives.

"In southern dialect, in Hakka means "black arts family." lee gar gao simply means high level dragon family." - Sifu

Hak-Black
    Ka-Family

Gar-family
    Ka-family

Ka is used to hold true to the lineage. Chuka

Our Chuka foundation is very specific and holds no relation to other SPM creeds. Most veteran SPM practitioners know what creed we incorporated.

Thank you for asking! Great question!

Blog Entries
    lee gar gao simply means high level dragon family." - Sifu
    How does it mean this?

Lee, or Li means dragon
    Gar, or in southern dialect Ka means family
    Gao just means high. So in this Chinese structure it means high level or honored

I love your CLF videos btw. With Dubstep

Blog Entries
    Lee, or Li means dragon
    Gar, or in southern dialect Ka means family
    Gao just means high. So in this Chinese structure it means high level or honored

I love your CLF videos btw. With Dubstep
    oh i got you.

Oh wow, thats cool, it really is an honor to me that anyone likes my video's. some of the dubstep is good, but it could get crazy sometimes..hahaha.

well, a lot like what i'm trying to do with Gui Shou, you're practicing CLF in real life situations and philosophizing on how to apply the techniques you are taught. or at least i'm hoping that you are lol. because it seems so in your dubstep video.

with our Gui Shou, we do not use pads, we work heavy in chi sao, bridge, and open, non bridge, fighting. we believe kung fu is infinite. and through real applications the practitioner will completely understand what they've been training for years!

Blog Entries
    well, a lot like what i'm trying to do with Gui Shou, you're practicing CLF in real life situations and philosophizing on how to apply the techniques you are taught. or at least i'm hoping that you are lol. because it seems so in your dubstep video.

with our Gui Shou, we do not use pads, we work heavy in chi sao, bridge, and open, non bridge, fighting. we believe kung fu is infinite. and through real applications the practitioner will completely understand what they've been training for years!
    Oh yes! i don't teach fantasy combat games to my students. I teach them real life skills to deal with being on the streets and becoming a victim. I never want my students to come back to me and say "Sifu, what you taught me didn't work." I keep it real 100%.

However, most of the vids i post are from training sessions where it was the first time the students learned the techniques. I really don't like giving up TOO MUCH publicly, just enough to give you an idea of what we do.

Traditionally, we'd learn forms and the techniques at the same time but primarily focused on the form over developing the technique first. but as i've mentioned here in the past many of my students were getting into street fights almost every weekend which lead me to change up my teaching style to focus strictly on techniques and how to effectively use them. then when they learn the form the techniques make much more sense as opposed to the other way around.

kung fu being infinite......TOTALLY AGREE which is why i describe myself as the eternal student

absolutely! it's always exciting to know that there are other people who are offering non gimic martial arts in the world.

i see there are many who are reading this thread. i encourage everyone to ask questions and shoot me a PM if interested in what i have to offer in west suburb chicago!

all inquiries including sparring invites are welcome!

"This guys teacher is a friend of mine. I recommend them. Have their roots in Sammy Wong's Chu Ka." - Mas Judt - Registered User
    Thank you Mr. Judt! Greatly appreciate the support. Sifu and I were going through our combat forms the other day and was referring to your knife influence.

It is correct. Our foundation derives from Sifu Wong's Chu Ka family. Super honored to be able to offer this to the public!

First two hour class no fee!
    Last edited by HakkaSci; 11-13-2011 at 11:38 AM.