Thread: Tiger Exits the Forest question

Tiger Exits the Forest question

Hey guys,

Question for Dale Dugas; is it true that Tiger Exits the Forest is only good for 1 year? I read a post where you were talking about that and I wondered why it would go bad. AIs it because of the formula or am I wrong about that? I know other jows can last for years and get stronger the more years it brews.

I was just curious when I read the post because I am brewing a gallon of it. I have given some away to people who needed it but I still have a lot.

I also have a gallon of Ku Yu Cheung from Josh what is it shelf life?
    I store them in my garage covered with a towel.

Thanks

I give it a year shelf life if you leave it out on the counter.

If you store it in a cool, dark place. It will last longer. Some people put their liniments in the fridge and that extends the life longer.

All depends on how you store them.

Heat and light are not friends of Dit Da Jow.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

That is good to know. Dale, I have some of your jow and in general, have found that a bottle lasts about a year, give or take. I had always assumed that jow became more potent as it aged, but clearly that was wrong.

I think I will store it in the refrigerator. I had been keeping mine in a dimly-lit storeroom in my house.

If you make your own medicine and let the herbs sit in the medium after 6 months it does not get any stronger. You have reached the point where no more active chemicals are being brought into the solution.

You can then filter it out or leave it in there. Up to you.

Talking

Thanks for the info Dale.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTiger666 View Post
    I also have a gallon of Ku Yu Cheung from Josh what is it shelf life?
    I store them in my garage covered with a towel.
    Sorry for the delayed reply here.

As long as the you keep that jar of Ku Yu away from light, extreme temperatures (heat or cold), and over-exposure to air, it should be fine for a few years or more.

I mention both heat and cold because Ive had some people email me about their jars bursting in the past (you see it all after enough time), either from very hot or very cold environments. Be careful about keeping it in the garage over the winter, and make sure that if there is a significant change in temperature that you always make sure to vent your bottle to atmospheric pressure by simply loosening the lid and re-tightening it.

I also mention air exposure because over-exposure to air may oxidize the alcohol over the long-term. I generally tell people that as they use their jow, once the jar gets to the half-way point, its probably best to bottle the rest where it is safe from over-exposure to air. This one is left up to personal preference though as Ive had customers who have sent me samples of jow from bottles that were half-full for years and years and the jow was perfectly intact.

So, really, its not so much about an expiration as it is about just proper handling of the liniment...Hope that helps! =)

As I said and Josh mentioned, keeping the liniments in a cool constant and dark area will help extend the life of the liniments.

Use dark amber glass or keep your bottles in the cupboard or fridge.

Extreme fluctuations will not help you but could possible affect your medicine.

As I mentioned before I assume people are going to leave it out on the counter or next to a training stand, where the heat and light will get to it.

Hence my year long shelf life comment if you do not take care.

If you make sure to take the care, the liniments will last a long time.

Always be vigilant on fermentation. If you leave herbs in the solution and it heats and cools over a period of time the sugars in the herbs can ferment into something other than dit da jow.

To be safe its always good to keep the liniments in a dark, cool place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    As I said and Josh mentioned, keeping the liniments in a cool constant and dark area will help extend the life of the liniments.

Use dark amber glass or keep your bottles in the cupboard or fridge.

Extreme fluctuations will not help you but could possible affect your medicine.

As I mentioned before I assume people are going to leave it out on the counter or next to a training stand, where the heat and light will get to it.

Hence my year long shelf life comment if you do not take care.

If you make sure to take the care, the liniments will last a long time.

Always be vigilant on fermentation. If you leave herbs in the solution and it heats and cools over a period of time the sugars in the herbs can ferment into something other than dit da jow.

To be safe its always good to keep the liniments in a dark, cool place.
    Is this where they have made you stay, Dale? Or did we scare you away from the forums.

White tiger,
    Do not waste anymore money buying someone else's dit da medicine. It is cheaper and more fun to do it yourself. It is not rocket science.

RWilson,

What are you talking about?

People can make their own Dit Da Jow, but should buy their herbs from a reputable company that tests their herbs for all manner of pesticides, herbacides, heavy metals and other contaminants. Spring Wind Herbs do the most testing.

Their herbs are not sold to the public but to practitioners only.

I sell Spring Wind herbs as well as Mayway and herbs from Kamwo as they test their herbs as well.

Just going down to the local Chinatown and buying from the herbalist there is a tad dangerous as China does not have an FDA organization and dirty products are sold all over the world.

I would rather not take that chance, and purchase herbs that are tested and not sold if found to be full of sulfur and other nasty chemicals.

Your other comments are unintelligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    RWilson,

What are you talking about?

People can make their own Dit Da Jow, but should buy their herbs from a reputable company that tests their herbs for all manner of pesticides, herbacides, heavy metals and other contaminants. Spring Wind Herbs do the most testing.

Their herbs are not sold to the public but to practitioners only.

I sell Spring Wind herbs as well as Mayway and herbs from Kamwo as they test their herbs as well.

Just going down to the local Chinatown and buying from the herbalist there is a tad dangerous as China does not have an FDA organization and dirty products are sold all over the world.

I would rather not take that chance, and purchase herbs that are tested and not sold if found to be full of sulfur and other nasty chemicals.

Your other comments are unintelligible.
    You are 100% right. But I was not telling him not to do what you said. I just donor want him wasting his mOney on you when he can do it cheaper himself.

Being that the person in question has purchased herb packs from me as well as instructions on how to make a great liniment, I fail to see your point.

There is no one here nor anywhere else for that matter who would listen to a net ghost warble on about me not being what I am trained to be, an acupuncturist and herbalist with a masters degree to back up anything I share with the community here.

Why do you continue to bad mouth me?

Your petty agenda is unacceptable.

Good luck with net anonymity. It will keep people from finding out the real you, whoever that may be.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 11-19-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Dale I just sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post
    You are 100% right. But I was not telling him not to do what you said. I just donor want him wasting his mOney on you when he can do it cheaper himself.
    How generous of you; so altruistic that you go to such lengths to save people from themselves, and from obvious predators like Dale. You are a tru humanitarian.

Or maybe u r just an aszhole.

Hard to say, really...

Net ghosts are nothing.

and never offer anything but drek.

nuff said.

R Wilson why u hating Dale?

R Wilson
    I do appreciate your caring but I do not see why you are attacking Dale for.

Let me just say Dale was very helpful and informative to me when I was in terrible pain after a acute rotator cuff injury. Dale went out of his way to give me extra stuff including a bottle of Blue Dragon Oil and also sending me some other herbs which I nagged him for but he sent me free of charge.

I have nothing bad to say about him at all plain and simple in fact I have thanked him several times already.

I think you have some personal beef with him probably for the typical ego thing that goes on in MA and is pretty sad.

Im not going to attack you but I don't see you giving away anything except some lip which is not why I made this post so in a way You Are Trolling so you needs to chill that out.

I have studied many styles including Fu Jow Pai, Wing Chun, Xing Yi Chuan, Chen style and Yang tai chi and sword so I think I am qualified to say what I am saying without the fear of reprisal.
    Unfortunately within every style I have studied there were problems with egos and attitude which detracted from the essence of what was being taught and really shed some light on the limitations of human beings being unable to work together without fighting with each other as brothers which is supposed to be the ultimate goal and a sworn oath from every style which few have actually been able to live up to.
    This has led to a watering down and a loss of knowledge as ego has replaced kindness and sensibility which the overall goal is to unify or bring people together instead of unify them.
    This is the reason I left every school everyone of them and why I know that Christ is the real teacher because he understands all these things and reveals them all through his spirit.
    It is ok to have competitiveness but the master is supposed to keep it all in check and promote brotherhood between all members so that no one is disparaged.
    hurt or left out thus defeating the purpose of training and giving the school a bad name and basically trashing the system itself.
    R Wilson if you want to contribute something of use like a good formula or something then please go right ahead and share it with us.

Dale is a good guy in my book and so is Josh at PD
    Neither one is in it for the money or to rip anyone off.
    Until you can prove otherwise I suggest keep the slander to yourself.

Jah Guide JOHN