Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gorilla Strength Bands: A Review

Update 2014:

Greetings,

I was recently in contact with the person I got the bands for. He shared that they are still like brand new and he is still enjoying the workout they provide him; they really work his muscles. He still lifts weights as well. He has a Bowflex and he thinks that the bands are FAR superior with it's resistance curve.

mickey

Update 2015

Greetings,

I have been keeping up with client this year. He has had some health issues that have kept him from training the way that he likes. Still, he enjoys talking about training in the same way other iron game vets do. We talked about the Gorilla Strength bands. He still uses them, intermittently. He is taking it easy now days (I know that it is tough for him). One dat he said something that totally caught me unawares and it was the following: "Ya know, the bands muscle you up faster than the weights do." I was completely shocked by what he said because, in the past, he would never admit that. I didn't say anything in response. I simply appreciated the honesty of the moment.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I have been keeping up with client this year. He has had some health issues that have kept him from training the way that he likes. Still, he enjoys talking about training in the same way other iron game vets do. We talked about the Gorilla Strength bands. He still uses them, intermittently. He is taking it easy now days (I know that it is tough for him). One dat he said something that totally caught me unawares and it was the following: "Ya know, the bands muscle you up faster than the weights do." I was completely shocked by what he said because, in the past, he would never admit that. I didn't say anything in response. I simply appreciated the honesty of the moment.

mickey
    Mickey, I think part of the reason people respond or feel they respond better with bands is because you can not throw the weight. Most people train to heavy to feel the muscle do the work. It may also have something to do with the resistance change as the movement goes into its final phase. Lighter at the beginning and more resistance at the end. So one immediate advantage is they train one to feel their muscles working a lot faster and perhaps better than with weights.

It is not superior or inferior, it is just another way to train. It would boil down to ones goals, results they want to achieve and limitations their bodies may have. Bands have a lot of offer many people.

When ever I included them I to get pumped up way better than when I used weights. I probably throw even though I think I am in control. Now, using them will not translate well into lifting more weight when you go back to weights or want to test your strength with weights. If you want to get strong at lifting things you have to lift those things. Some people may believe if it does not translate to lifting more weight then obviously you got no stronger. Which is not true.

I personally prefer weights and cals. But, these look good for anyone that does not want to use weights. Or wants additional options to strength train. You can do a lot of non traditional and weird angle resistance training with bands that would cost you or a gym thousands to mimic with machines that replicate those angles.

I like the training effect of such bands too. And I have bought one before. The only disadvantage of the tool is its durability. After two years of regular use, it will be torn apart. Sure we can tie the two pieces together, and use it again. Eventually, the band cannot last more than four years of use.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

i only use the finest fresh cow tendons like in that movie. i absorb the fresh cow vital qi through the laogong point

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC