Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gorilla Strength Bands: A Review

he looks weak, like a bearded woman.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you can play with those fancy pants rubber bands, or you can squat like a man.
    You can use those rubber bands to develop your sacrifice throw.

or you can squat.

Bands can be useful for certain things, I use them a lot for rowing motions, pull throughs, face pulls and shoulder work at home, (mainly rehab prehab stuff), mostly because I cant be bothered getting the weights out of the shed at 7am in the morning, I have the lifeline bands, but they are not a replacement for weights in any way shape or form

The reason curls can feel heavier with a band is that past a certain point with a weight you are no longer really working against the resistance of the weight, especially at the top of the movement, or I should say the resistance decreases , of course with a band you are not working nearly as hard at the bottom of the movement, which is the reason elite powerlifters use them on their lifts, to add weight at the top of the movement and to accelerate against, amongst other things

Of course there are certain exercises that you cant do with weights that you can do with bands, and those exercises are very useful for even strong people (nod to bawang and the heavy squatters in the house)

he looks weak, like a bearded woman.
    My sister is not going to be very happy that you said that about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    (nod to bawang and the heavy squatters in the house)
    you dam right. i squat over 95 pounds. RAW.

so how heavy IS your mom?

How much do you squat fully cooked?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

These Gorilla Bands look like good stuffs. I have used Tera bands before, and they do not last more than two years of regular use IMO. So in general elastic bands are good strength training equipment if not better than free weights, provided that they have equally good durability.

KC
    Hong Kong

Greetings Steve,

I did some serious looking at this product before making the purchase. I am glad that I did. I thought the seller was "all in the mouth" when it came to what made his product different from the others out there. He really has something good to offer.

mickey

Greetings,

My client went through his first workout with the bands I got for him two days ago. When it comes to weight lifting, he does 3 sets of every exercise. With the bands he did only one set of each exercise, the only exception was the biceps curl where 2 sets were completed because the first set was too light for him. His second biceps curl set was 37 lbs of resistance. He commented on how quickly he got pumped up from using the bands vs weights. At the end of the workout he was talking about doing some lat rows using weights the following day, Well, I showed him how to do so with the bands. After one set, he gave me a look I wish i had a camera for. He told me that he could feel all the target muscles working.

My client shared that his form during weight lifting left was poor and that he uses momentum to keep the weights moving. The resistance bands forced him to maintain proper form throughout the exercise to target the muscles he wanted to work.

This evening I expected him to show up for another workout. He didn't. I called him to find out how he was doing, in general. I then asked if he was going to work out today. Up until that question my client's vocal tone was relaxed. In response to my question his voice spiked with the words. "AGAIN!?!!". He shared how sore he was the day after his first workout with his bands. Interestingly, his legs were really sore and we did not address them directly at all. It seems the stabilization really worked them. We had a good laugh about it. Still, he did not show up.

He hasn't paid for the bands yet. I had better get the money before he changes his mind.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 12-22-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Update:

My client is now training with both weights and bands. He trains bands twice a week and trains weights once a week. He is still incredibly impressed with the bands. He shared that the bands give him a greater pump than the weights and that they are a really good workout. He did not want to admit the bands were better. I have observed a renewed interest in training with my client as well as an improved appearance; specifically, a reduction in body fat, a fuller look in his musculature, and an improvement in his overall attitude. He is enthusiastic about training again ( yes, I am aware of the repeat).

I did get reimbursed for the bands. My client believes they are worth a lot more than he paid for them. That is saying a lot.

mickey

are you on comission for these bands?

Hi Frost,

No, I am not on commission for these bands.

My last post was only a continuation of the sharing of experiences with a particular client. It actually represents a closure. I did not plan to post more about him.

But looking back at my posts about this person, they sure do look like a sell. I simply wrote about a real experience using resistance bands.

I wish I was on commission during these hard times. Every little bit helps.

A dead giveaway a person is getting a commission is to ask everyone who plans to buy a set to tell the seller "mickey sent me" or "I read the review in the forums of Kung fu Magazine." Considering the number of hits that this thread is jacking up, there are many people outside this forum who are reading this thread and are forming impressions about this product.

mickey