Thread: Tai Chi 0

watching the making of the movies.

great.

http://shyhwenj.wordpress.com/2012/1...-on-windows-8/

BRD release

Should be just in time for the sequel.
    'Tai Chi Zero' Blu-ray Dated
    Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 11:00 AM ET

Stephen Fung's ('House of Fury') steampunk martial arts epic will debut on Blu-ray in January.

In an early announcement to retailers, Well Go USA is prepping 'Tai Chi Zero' for a Blu-ray release on January 22.

Featuring martial arts choreography by the legendary Sammo Hung ('IP Man 2: Legend of the Grandmaster'), the film follows Yang Luchan, a young genius who, tired of being picked on, travels to Chen Village to learn the art of Tai Chi. Luchan finds out the hard way that it is forbidden for a villager to teach an outsider when the villagers, from strong men to old women to little children, repeatedly challenge him to a series of fights, all of which he loses quite badly. But when a frightening army of steampunk soldiers bearing strange machines show up, the villagers realize that in order to save their home, they must trust this strange outsider with the knowledge of Tai Chi.

Specs have yet to be revealed, but the release will include Behind the Zenes, MuZic VideoZ, and TrailerZ.

Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $29.98.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

gotta like Chinese rap...

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tai chi zero-to Tai Chi Hero

i watched both back to back. and i enjoyed both, they were fun, funny, lots of energy, i really liked the choreography and the over style of the film, however i felt the editing was a bit choppy in some places you could kinda feel where scenes were cut, its always hard when you have to many characters in a movie, cause some of them fall by the way side..i was really interested in the sons wife a mute with badass kung fu skills. i loved that they took the story and legend of yang lu chan and turned into a crazy kung fu steam punk adventure. sammo hung once again shows why he is the best action director in the game, he can go from modern to traditional and inbetween and make it work, stephen fung (who btw went to school in the united states, so i would assume he speaks english gene, university of Michigan i believe) once again shows he has the chops as a visionary director, cant wait for the third part.

I still haven't seen the sequel...

...I'm holding out for the silver screen. It's such a treat to see Kung Fu movies in theaters again.

Meanwhile, check this out: Enter to win TAI CHI ZERO! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 02/21/2013. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I just watched Zero, plan to watch Hero soon. Frankly speaking, this is what The Last Airbender could have been. Complete with Yang Lu Chan going into the Avatar State whenever his "horn" was hit.

If only Sammo had been involved in that movie...

sammo would have made a great iroh as well.

I watched it a while back and really liked it. The evil foreigner plot gets old, but still a good movie.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Saw both on Sunday or lunar new year day.

Entertaintment a +.

Our winners are announced

See our Tai Chi Zero winners thread.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    sammo would have made a great iroh as well.
    Tru dat!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Watched both of these movies this weekend, this is how you bring real TAICHI to the Western World, all those Chinese people doing Tai Chi for Health forms in the park is because they can't afford to get sick, health care costs way too much on the Mainland. Keep that Chi motivated. Fung could make standing still (Zhan Zhuang) look fun and exciting.