Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What REAL Xingyiquan looks like:

What REAL Xingyiquan looks like:

Here's a quote from Xingyi Master Di Gouyong when asked about the criticism that Kung Fu stylists "...lose the characteristics of their [respective] style(s)" during actual fights or fight training:

The techniques aren’t just the movements but the power that is used to do the techniques.

You need to train how to apply them so you can exert the correct type of power without being bound by the model.

As long as you do something that uses the right power, it is Xing Yi Quan. It doesn’t have to look like the perfect form of a specific technique
    thought I'd share...

Train Hard,
    Josh Skinner

Going beyond the movements to understand the principle and application.

Excellent comment. Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by donjitsu2 View Post
    Here's a quote from Xingyi Master Di Gouyong when asked about the criticism that Kung Fu stylists "...lose the characteristics of their [respective] style(s)" during actual fights or fight training:

thought I'd share...

Train Hard,
    Josh Skinner

Gee. Where have I heard THAT before?

Pay attention y'all. See? I'm not the ONLY no knowledge "internalist" that purveys such tripe!
    One of these days the world is going to become so politically correct that it will scare itself out of existence.

MP 2007

bullocks, ALL of it - clearly, NONE of u have experienced / understood / brushed furtively yet innocently up against in the fresh produce section da r3alz internalz

(and this "Patterson" character - how do we know he even really exists at all? mighty suspicious and queer dealings I says...)

I have heard that some people enjoy the taste of tripe!

Blog Entries
    Power is only 1/5 of the equation. There are timing, opportunity, angle, and balance as well.

Isn't that the taste of trite?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Power is only 1/5 of the equation. There are timing, opportunity, angle, and balance as well.
    amongst John's weaponry, are such diverse elements as power, timing, opportunity, angle, balance and nice puffy uniforms...

Quote Originally Posted by donjitsu2 View Post

thought I'd share...

Train Hard,
    Josh Skinner
    I agree 100% with Josh and Mike Patterson.

Since the pinches of boxing are similar in power generation to hsing I 5 elements....would you guys consider sport boxing to be hsing I? I am very interested in the answer to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post
    ISince the pinches of boxing are similar in power generation to hsing I 5 elements....
    of course, in boxing u can't apply the pinches in quite the same way that you would in hsing i because of the gloves...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    of course, in boxing u can't apply the pinches in quite the same way that you would in hsing i because of the gloves...
    Application is in the mind of the beholder and is spontaneous. No two fighters look exactly the same.

That being said...I was asking from a power generation point of view.

Application is in the mind of the beholder and is spontaneous. No two fighters look exactly the same.

That being said...I was asking from a power generation point of view.
    I think that you missed the point of my humor...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I think that you missed the point of my humor...
    I guess I did.

Is boxing the modern version of the 5 elements, hsing I gents?

I guess I did.

Is boxing the modern version of the 5 elements, hsing I gents?
    Of course not. The boxing gloves are big, which means they can't fit through the same narrow spaces. And the contact surface is completely different, meaning you can't match the fist to the target point. Two different games.

Rett,

this person is nothing more than a troll/net ghost/cowardly mouth boxer who posts on and on about having all these skills but still hides behind the net as he would be called out on his BS, and we all would realize this person is not all they claimed to be.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.