Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: some bag work...

some bag work...

just messing around like an idiot... comments please - always looking for some constructive criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndju7S2v-D8

Not bad at all brother.

I would say watch out for the leaning as you are leaning forward a little.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Dale is being nice, very nice, TOO nice.

Uki, I don't know if you are being serious or not, but if that was serious, it was not very good at all.
    Your structure was off, there was no alignment, you were to stiff, there was no fluidity or explosivness or any power, there was no follow-through, your "root" was non-existent and you core was all over the place.
    You were "braking" yourself ,which happens when you try to apply the "hunch back" power vs an actual target with resistance when you usually just train it in the air.
    In short, it was NOT very good at all, it was actually quite bad.
    Sorry.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The juggling was awesome!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Uki, I don't know if you are being serious or not, but if that was serious, it was not very good at all.
    Your structure was off, there was no alignment, you were to stiff, there was no fluidity or explosivness or any power, there was no follow-through, your "root" was non-existent and you core was all over the place.
    You were "braking" yourself ,which happens when you try to apply the "hunch back" power vs an actual target with resistance when you usually just train it in the air.
    In short, it was NOT very good at all, it was actually quite bad.
    Sorry.
    awesome...

Blog Entries
    Uki,

if i may ask, why are you hands so low?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Well, you did say you were just messing around. Thing is, I am not familiar with what you were doing so can not make any sort of assessment at all. Sorry.
    Where you been bru? I have been watching for you and this is the first post by you in a very long time that I have seen.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Well, you did say you were just messing around.
    nah... i was being as serious as the moment.
    Thing is, I am not familiar with what you were doing so can not make any sort of assessment at all. Sorry.
    no need to apologize... just messing around - it's not supposed to make sense.
    Where you been bru? I have been watching for you and this is the first post by you in a very long time that I have seen.
    i been busy making splashes.

you need to do squats to get the powerful thighs for make strong paunch

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I think you're ready for your death match with Bawang's Mom. First I applaud your courage for putting those up...and as I like to tell anyone who's seen me work out...the best part is the bag doesn't hit back.

If you are serious about feedback...Sanjuro was being too nice. It was all arm punches, your chin looked delicious, your distance was off...meaning you were too close to the bag or you weren't getting full extension with your strikes. No hip or body torque at all for power...although I did like your spinning hook kick, style points do count. I'm pretty sure your breathing was terrible too...I'm not even going to venture about your breath it self. On the plus side, good enthusiasm and at times you looked like there was a bit of speed in there somewhere.

When are you going to challenge Hardwork 108?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Uki, if i may ask, why are you hands so low?
    to be fair here, if the bag doesn't hit back, why do i have to keep my arms up or down?? i like to believe i am simply using the bag to find strikes within the movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    First I applaud your courage for putting those up...
    it's just a video... being a mason i can deal with wide variety of ridicule that really does not affect me to no end... i felt i been around here long enough and that it's only fair that i finally post something other than me juggling the iron balls.
    I'm pretty sure your breathing was terrible too...I'm not even going to venture about your breath it self.
    i have had asthma since i was 9... so ya... i'm a goner if i have to dance for too long.
    On the plus side, good enthusiasm and at times you looked like there was a bit of speed in there somewhere.
    thanks... i didn't post the video where my girlfriend ran down the stairs to inform me i was being too loud for my daughter sleeping. LOL

anyhow... thanks for the replies so far...

Uki,

The advice given to you is pretty much all that needs said. The only things I would like to stress to you are this: You stated something about why keep your hands up when the bag doesn't hit back, and I realize you are probably being sarcastic and quirky as only you can, however, how you train is how you fight and you do not want to get in the habit of leaving your hands down while training.

Also, someone else mentioned having your head up and chin exposed, another big no no. Someone connects you on the button there you are going out, it is a minor adjustement to tuck the chin and something I strongly advise.

Also your rooting, you are hitting with your arm and maybe some of your torso and upper body, not your whole body. Work on your rooting structure so that your punches and hand strikes come from your feet plant, leg structure, hips, torso, shoulder, and arm together. You will achieve much more power this way.

Another bit of advice, your kicks will be much better utilized on a Thai bag, as opposed to the classic boxing style bag you have. Nothing wrong with the boxing bag, but if you have the room and the dough I would buy a Thai bag so you can utilize low kicks, sweeps, and knees are much better practiced on this type of bag.

I have two of these in my gym.
    http://www.titlemma.com/p_CTHB+100.aspx

Big props for posting your bag work and training vids, sometimes criticism is the key to success.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post

Another bit of advice, your kicks will be much better utilized on a Thai bag, as opposed to the classic boxing style bag you have. Nothing wrong with the boxing bag, but if you have the room and the dough I would buy a Thai bag so you can utilize low kicks, sweeps, and knees are much better practiced on this type of bag.

I have two of these in my gym.
    http://www.titlemma.com/p_CTHB+100.aspx
    Couldn't agree more.

you punch like a prison queen.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC