Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omei Bak Mei - Yum Yeung Jik Bo Kuen DVD

Omei Bak Mei - Yum Yeung Jik Bo Kuen DVD

Omei Bak Mei - Sifu Garry Hearfield is releasing the 1st DVD on the systems core set Yum Yeung Jik Bo Kuen, check it out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRfnw...el_video_title

If I may say, couldn’t he have taped somewhere else then his own living room; a bit unprofessional.

You can say that, but it is more about the information than the living room.
    I have seen many so called professional dvd's that are crap with no real information.

Anyway each to their own..

You forget to take into account we need to see his footwork which is crucial to generate the ging.

What you are seeing are clips of the DVD only. you cannot criticize until you see the whole DVD.
    Those who know my Sifu know that it will be completely informative with all the breakdowns for anyone to be able to understand and actually practice the form.

I guarantee no-one will be disappointed!!

This isn’t anything personal; however, when marketing an instructional DVD, one should take into account production. For example, how much he is selling the product for? If he is selling more then $20 then this crucial!

I’ve personally been involved in martial arts video market for 20 years and I seen a lot of strange tapes out there; my favorite ones are the ones produce in golf courses in China. At the end the product has to be assessable to buyer; not a student.

As a student you only see yours shifu’s ability, but the buyer sees other things which go beyond the material and sadly that’s what count in an open market.

Personaly I haven’t commented on his ability or material which I could, but I'm focusing on the most obvious error which is the location of shot which wasn’t a good ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by lungyuil View Post
    Omei Bak Mei - Sifu Garry Hearfield is releasing the 1st DVD on the systems core set Yum Yeung Jik Bo Kuen, check it out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRfnw...el_video_title
    Hey, Sifu Garry promised me a copy when it came out. I still haven't received it though. Could you ask him when he'll send it please?

Stepping in the Doo again?

Waiting on LKMF to comment on the Doo and spark things up around here.

"White Eyebrow Kung Fu of Omei Mountains belonging to the Doo Family"
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Waiting on LKMF to comment on the Doo and spark things up around here.

"White Eyebrow Kung Fu of Omei Mountains belonging to the Doo Family"
    Ross has left this forum now, and i think we all know what Doo is full of and by association what this dvd will be like

What will it be like? What did you want it to be like?

Been looking for Frost,s DVD for years now...

This whole idea of guilty by association is among the most idiotic things this world has going for it. I am guessing that you are not a fan of Ghandi, right?
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 12-26-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Hey, any form breakdowns done by Garry Hearfield are gonna have solid combat applications. Everyone I've ever heard touched hands with him has said he's a solid martial artist. He's never said he was God's gift to martial arts, he's just doing his part, and I want my copy of the DVD. If you guys aren't into it, you obviously won't purchase it. So let's move on....

Well, I think with the Doo Wai association he needs to show something much more substantial than that trailer before I would consider buying the DVD.

What I saw from the Doo clips during the David Ross show here on the forum didn't spark my interest at all. Neither did the material presented in the trailer for this DVD.

He showed how he telegraphs his punches with his power generation principle (reminded me of the way modern WuShu jazzes up moves), showed a bunch of block&punch from a single straight punch attack. The music covered up his explanations so whether he was saying anything worthwhile we won't know without buying the DVD but the visuals weren't enough to generate any interest.

I won't dismiss him offhand but it's not looking too good right now. Maybe someone more familiar with the material or style can shed some light. I know zero about Bak Mei and Omei Kung Fu (other than Luo Li's O-Mei WuShu).
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Well, I think with the Doo Wai association he needs to show something much more substantial than that trailer before I would consider buying the DVD.

What I saw from the Doo clips during the David Ross show here on the forum didn't spark my interest at all. Neither did the material presented in the trailer for this DVD.

He showed how he telegraphs his punches with his power generation principle (reminded me of the way modern WuShu jazzes up moves), showed a bunch of block&punch from a single straight punch attack. The music covered up his explanations so whether he was saying anything worthwhile we won't know without buying the DVD but the visuals weren't enough to generate any interest.

I won't dismiss him offhand but it's not looking too good right now. Maybe someone more familiar with the material or style can shed some light. I know zero about Bak Mei and Omei Kung Fu (other than Luo Li's O-Mei WuShu).
    I know Doo Wai trained for like a year and a half in Vancouver in the 70's or early 80's and learned up to Ying jow...there was mention he said he learned more BM from a family friend or something?...I'm curious if there is original video of his "other" lineages.

Wow, an ENTIRE year and a half? Where do I sign up?
    -Golden Arms-

It can't be genuine Bak Mei...Gee-Shung Grandmaster James Patrick Lacey isn't performing the form!!

And did I mention he's on some secretive council of "Sokeship"?(whatever the f--k that is--lol)