Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Entrance Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post

Nice, thanks....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

When your opponent has a strong defence, you must evade and open up the gate. When his defence is weak, you crash right through.

How comfortable are you when you're in close? You break through the defence and next thing you know he's tied you up, can you deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I don't care how fortified you may be...the walls are coming down.
    I hear you, but those sound like famous last words.
    Jackie Lee

It really depends on the opponent I am a bit bigger and not in the best shape. My training partner is smaller fairly strong and very aggressive. I have a hell of a time getting to his blind side and backing away is not a smart move. With him about the only thing I can do is move in and jam him up. He is quick with kicks and has the ability to hit people in the groin easily it's just very hard to get to him without getting kicked in the shins or groin. Usually with other people I have fought or sparred I will go after someone who backs away. If I know someone is wearing out and they push in aggressively I will retreat then come forward again jamming them up and overtake them. It's my belief that Wing Chun should be used aggressively never standing to long in one place simply defending always pushing until you meet resistance and then attacking again from a new angle. Just my view and thats what I try to tell our students. My Sifu always told us if you always defend you will lose.

Well the key is defend and attack simultaneously...

This merely theory or the ideology i use when sparring...But of course things are subject to change

I usually strike first. When my opponent reacts to my strikes i counter his reaction. if he backs up or moves to side i rush in striking while bridging anything that disrupts my attack. Upon a bridge i lop, jut or flank him by turning his centerline off of mines. while doing so i attack him still. When i have a gap. I attack high and low at the same time. Usually kicking his shin or knee as i come in punching or bil sau to gain a connection. I attempt to continously pull him and jerk him off balance as i strike. changing hands that push, pull, and jerk him for ones that puncn him. I also attempt to continously throw kicks in where i can to keep him distracted.

The goal in fighting is to constantly pepper his face with hard knocks and steady blows while controlling him. in sparring it is to keep him off balance.

but by all means if you find that shjt i said above not working dont be so stupid to not change your stratgey...I just believe its key to constantly put pressure on the opponent. Usually in a street fight the one who is more aggressive wins. Although sometimes the one who is more accurate and percise wins too...

So practice rushing in, attacking, jamming your opponent while also being accurate according to timing and defending any counters he throws...
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 12-27-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"