Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Entrance Strategies

I like when people try to be strategic and all martial-artsy... then I just plow into them... hehehehe.

That's why I like CLF... it is SO helpful with that style of aggression... yeah...put up your hands...I'll just sow choy through that and everything else you're protecting... with a pek choy right behind it juuuuuust in case...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Blog Entries
    you can always do double sow choys.....one after the other in case they duck. the second sow choy would be waiting for them
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Qx1...eature=related

This type of movement is seen in some of the CLF sets we do .. seems that the gentleman who has codified the movements and organised them into a format has called them Crazy Monkey... seems to be quite effective on the vids : ')

R
    Thanks for your explanation. That's exactly the TCMA "虎抱头(Hu Bao Tou) - tiger holding the head (double combing hair)". It's very easy to change it into double separate hands and move in.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.

One does not do a forced entry. You never attack a fortified position. The forces are prepared against you. You may be successful, or you might catch an unlucky shot in the face and from there go down and get stomped on.
    Entry is done with deception. You force your opponent to attack you, under your own conditions. This way you can use that attack to your own advantage. Make him attack you, over and over maybe, until he gives you this opening you need to rush in and disable him. Trap his arms or dislodge his balance, spin him around and take his back or side. Anything that puts you outside his range of attack for just long enough to land a few good licks. If you hit him hard and in the right places he will not rebound in a flurry of punches. This one counter attack might be all you need to end the problem.
    Another option, which can be applied at the same time, would be to make him defend against a fake attack. The problem with this stratagy is that after a couple of these they get smart. You use it with discretion and make it count. When he defends, you follow him in and take control if you can.
    Nothing works 100% of time. You are going to get surprised now and then. You just do what feels right at the time. Making un nerving sounds and screams can be effective too. It can make one over respond to your fake attacks just long enough that you can get inside and do your stuff. Bruce Lee did exactly that.
    Jackie Lee

Blog Entries
    To force a striker to play your grappling game is always a smart thing to do.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-25-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    One does not do a forced entry. You never attack a fortified position. The forces are prepared against you. You may be successful, or you might catch an unlucky shot in the face and from there go down and get stomped on.
    Entry is done with deception. You force your opponent to attack you, under your own conditions. This way you can use that attack to your own advantage. Make him attack you, over and over maybe, until he gives you this opening you need to rush in and disable him. Trap his arms or dislodge his balance, spin him around and take his back or side. Anything that puts you outside his range of attack for just long enough to land a few good licks. If you hit him hard and in the right places he will not rebound in a flurry of punches. This one counter attack might be all you need to end the problem.
    Another option, which can be applied at the same time, would be to make him defend against a fake attack. The problem with this stratagy is that after a couple of these they get smart. You use it with discretion and make it count. When he defends, you follow him in and take control if you can.
    Nothing works 100% of time. You are going to get surprised now and then. You just do what feels right at the time. Making un nerving sounds and screams can be effective too. It can make one over respond to your fake attacks just long enough that you can get inside and do your stuff. Bruce Lee did exactly that.
    I don't care how fortified you may be...the walls are coming down.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

The tool used will be strikes, as they are used in majority in fight. In entrane, foot strike (kick) will mostly be the first tool used. Multiple lines of attack carried out simultaneously or consecutively are common. I will sometimes use feint too, especially if the opponent is of better or similar skill level like mine.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Thanks for your explanation. That's exactly the TCMA "虎抱头(Hu Bao Tou) - tiger holding the head (double combing hair)". It's very easy to change it into double separate hands and move in.
    Yes we also call it Hu Bao Tou/tiger wrap/cover head, but the method shown is interesting as usually we use it to move in rather than the continuous rubbing at a distance. Also the use of the elbows, arms also have purpose, during entry, continuation and follow thru.

In terms of the topic - it depends, just adapt to the situation as there are many entry strategies be it passive, active or created.
    Last edited by Howard; 11-26-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Yes we also call it Hu Bao Tou/tiger wrap/cover head, but the method shown is interesting as usually we use it to move in rather than the continuous rubbing at a distance. Also the use of the elbows, arms also have purpose, during entry, continuation and follow thru.

In terms of the topic - it depends, just adapt to the situation as there are many entry strategies be it passive, active or created.
    what they are doing there is i think simply working the CM structure and the defence posture, CM is first taught defensively, then the second stage is how to use it to close the distance safely and how to angle off and throw punches from the structure

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Sounds about right..
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I don't care how fortified you may be...the walls are coming down.
    So, you don't believe a lighter force, with better mobility and lighter firepower can't handle a full on frontal assault?

Lee, Robert E, General?
    George, Dan, Chief?
    Min, Ho Che, Great Father...

<grin>
    How ya doing there Drake? How's the beer?
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Don't try this at home...

But when I make an entrance, I usually show up about 40 mins late, highly inebriated and unapologetic about it...this is highly effective at close range family events when my mom has been ****ing me off. It helps if you come unattended, no possy...so as to achieve your center, I usually draw in my supporters in with oft inappropriate comments and sexually innuendos. Its generally a real crowd pleaser as I've refined this technique over years. Make sure you're sporting a million dollar smile like this ! Head straight for the bar, fondle as many of the appetizers as possible and if all else fails trip and spill your drink on someone.

If you need additional training I do privates...weddings, parties, and bar mitzvahs..whatever you need.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    So, you don't believe a lighter force, with better mobility and lighter firepower can't handle a full on frontal assault?

Lee, Robert E, General?
    George, Dan, Chief?
    Min, Ho Che, Great Father...

<grin>
    How ya doing there Drake? How's the beer?
    Dry country, no beer.

I don't often compare squad level tactics to hand to hand, because the rules change. That being said, I found that a battalion level attack works NOTHING like anything below that echelon.

However, I will concede that one tactic does remain across the board. Fix the enemy with one element, then once fixed, flank them. It's harder than it looks. Once you get 42+ people in the mix, it's like herding cats.

And Murphy is a motherf*cker when you start moving large amounts of people and equipment... I know of one offensive that turned into a freaking nightmare because every stupid little thing that could go wrong, did. I mean... the scouts' vehicle was struck by lightning. STRUCK.BY.LIGHTNING. WTF? Of course that also was in conjunction with about five other disasters...
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Dry country, no beer.
    Awwww gee, I didn't know....<grin> No Wait...I hear the Aussies have beer rations, you're just moving in the wrong circles, mate....

So, you reckon there is nothing you can learn from squad level tactics that would improve your MA?

I know, theoretical, blah, blah, blah...sorry, flanking manoever should be no1 on most fighters engagement techniques, or?

Can you tell us your unit? I take it you're not doing the H2H training any more...

Stay safe.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng