Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: grappling as your only training? not always the best idea

The MMA coach?

Who is SGB?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadderz View Post
    The MMA coach?

Who is SGB?
    straight blast gym

thats him, good coach nice guy great grappler and his anti grappling programme is very good

Ground Fighting in the Street !

Another good reason to Re Evaluate if you are going to the Ground in a Street Fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=00g5a416rdU

ginosifu

Or, if you're the guy on bottom, maybe you need groundfighting so your woman doesn't have to save you.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Or, if you're the guy on bottom, maybe you need groundfighting so your woman doesn't have to save you.
    LOL!

MK, you have a good point there!

NICE!

I would take that chick home and put on my bib if she did that for me.

mickey

Blog Entries
    Wow, i'm really surprised at why there isn't more SNIBE or Holier then Thou Comments!!!!

I'm still expecting to see jokes about how

- Totally unrealistic, False pretenders of Street fights have been pushing this Warning of 3rd party interference to the wayside for years now. The video is probably a fake, because Nobody ever jumps in to save a friend. Especially a girl.

- What is supposed to happen is that a circle should form around the fighters and they should be allowed to finish the fight unmolested. Again, it's unrealistic.

- a REAL Grappler would have been more street aware and would never have taken a kick to the face from a 3rd party....EVER because it doesn't happen in the gym.

- OR not to be undone...Trained fighters also HAVE MOMS that can sneak up on your fight and do a better job of kicking your opponant in the face.

-It's a documented fact that Moms or girlfriends of Trained fighters can fight better than those of untrained common street thugs.

- The girl or MOM was obviously a HIGHLY TRAINED MMA FIGHTER. Only THEY posses the Raw ability to knock a person out with a kick. It's so obvious that THAT particular girl or mom has knocked out many people...she probably kicks bags and boards on a regular basis. Her clothes confirm it.

- OR....OR, wow if an untrained mom can knock someone out...imagine how much MORE KNOCKED OUT he would have been if she were a highly trained fighting er...Mom.

Why'd you show this Gino??? Geez
    Last edited by Subitai; 12-06-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

i thought we already did this thread?!?!?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i thought we already did this thread?!?!?
    Sorry Lucas...I couldn't resist. I know...Blame Gino...Ya blame him. haha
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

People fail to see the reality of that clip.
    It was NOT a failure of ground work, but a failure of "iron face" training.
    The guy on top obviously tried to face smash that woman's foot and his training was not up to par.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Haha, so this one example should be taken seriously? I think the OP needs to re-evaluate their training methods.

This isn't complicated, folks, and doesn't fall under ANY category. Be aware of your surroundings. ****, this should apply to ANYTHING you do.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I feel safer in obliviousness.